It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help shed some light on recurring dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i have been having a similar recurring dream for about eight months now. the overall scenes are different but one element is the same.

dream #1: i fall into a large river. the water is green and moving fast. i'm not far from the shore. there is a highway overpass above me. i see a small white dog in the water too. through a difficult swim i make it to the little white dog and get it to shore. the white dog is happy to be on dry land. and i am too. the dog is a cute mutt with medium length white hair. the dog shakes off the water and looks at me. the dog gives the appearance of a smile. i pick the small white dog up and carry it away with me. no other humans are seen but the presence can be felt. not scary more like an average day at the beach with strangers kind of feeling.

dream#2: i'm in a lake. deep green water with small ripples. i'm not far from shore. i have a small white kitten with me in the water. we make it to shore and the kitten is happy to be safe. the small white kitten purrs and i smile. the sun is shining on the lake but i don't see any other humans. but can feel their presence. not scary more like an average day at the beach with strangers kind of feeling. i pick up the kitten, that is still purring, and make my way along the shore.

dream#3: i'm in an apartment. one i never been to in real life but in my dream it feels like home. i find a small white mouse. it looks scared. i gently pick up the cute white mouse. it lets me. i give it some food and water. the little white mouse looks happy. i smile. the little white mouse climbs up my arm and nuzzles into my neck and makes a hammock out of my shirt as it falls asleep. i can feel its soft fur and gentle breath on my neck. i feel calm. as the dream continues i lose track of where the mouse is. outside the front door i see a large off white cat with a mouse in its mouth. i rush towards the cat. the cat doesn't move. at this time i notice more cats sitting in a semi circle around the off white cat with a mouse in its mouth. the off white cat drops the mouse to the ground. i see immediately that it isn't my mouse. i'm relieved. the other cats that were sitting in a semi circle get up and surround the dead mouse. the off white cat licks his lips. i turn back into the house and look for my little white mouse. i wake before i find it.

this is a summary of the dreams. the situations change but the small white animal is the same every time. about once a week i have this type of dream. i actually had a name for the little white mouse but couldn't remember it when i woke. the water dreams happen with greater frequency than the dry land ones. the water is always green and deep.

i look forward to hearing your thoughts ATS.

it is rare i post in this forum but i felt this dream would give us something cool to talk about.

thank you

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Do you own a pet? If not my humble guess would be your subconscience tries to say: GET A FURRY FRIEND YOU NEED ONE!
Not me yelling, your subconscience is...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I'd say that being a big green hulk of a monster in everyday life can have it's drawbacks and these dreams are your wish to not scare every living thing out there. The green water represents you and the cute fluffy animals are there to reassure you that not everything is scared of you.

Basically, keep cool and calm in the presence of those around you who you wish to interract with and eventually the water will turn clear and you will become more approachable.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

wow that's a good response.

thank you

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

no pets.
i'm allergic to animal dander. i break out in hives and swell up. eyes swell shut, my ears get puffy, my fingers and between my fingers get swelled up. head to toe in hives and swelling. the sad part is i love cats and dogs.

i feed wild birds and squirrels as a substitute for having a pet.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm so sorry. Me and my loose finger-tipps...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

no worries, i appreciate your time in responding to the post.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You have associated:
Animals with innocence [of mind].
White with purity.
Off white with corruption [of mind].
Green with turmoil or a corrupting substance.
Water with an obstacle or struggle.
Furry with gentleness' embrace.

You desire/love the gentle embrace of pure love.

During your more emotionally developmental years, you viewed animals as having good qualities (qualities which you struggle to obtain). You have also spent time in water and found it dangerous, as well as finding something green in your life to be corrupting, gross, or something which causes a consuming conflict. Maybe you spent too much time with the Hulk and not enough time with the kitten you lost in your youth? Maybe you lost a kitten and only had the Hulk to console you? Not sure what the trouble is, for sure, but the associations are all tied to the way you feel about things [which have a deep emotional connection/tie with one another] -- think of dreams as composite emotional images which tell an overall story about your emotional associations and desires (it is your emotions, and desires, which drive your dreams.)

eta: After seeing your other post, I would say green is definitely the color you have associated with corruptive forces. Maybe you have connected algae (in water) with allergy and Hulk's weird green force inside him is a link between them (think interconnected). So maybe Hulk (along with the steady conflict in this site) is triggering your desire to have a pet that you can't have. You probably chose Hulk as a representation of the conflict you see in the world.

Try changing the Hulk avatar and watching some happy kitties.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

i do enjoy cat videos.

:-)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'm sorry you can't have a kitty.

Seriously though, it's probably not really about animals. The animals are just the kind purity you desire which you have imaged/associated as animals. The actual narrative is corruptive forces and your desire to save/pull/find/retrieve the pure thing you desire from those forces.

In reality, it could be you feeling like you're being corrupted by colleagues or your neighbor not keeping his grass cut and thus making your lawn look bad. It could be anything.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
From the archetypes you mentioned, I would suggest:

You are struggling through a transformative change in life, trying to reach your pure comfort/happiness, and you feel that people arent helping or caring about it. You feel that they dont 'get' you. You desire recognition for your success in overcoming something, but are satisfied in the accomplishment. You feel that you care too much about others and dont quite get reciprocation you would like, perhaps someone isnt pulling their weight. I imagine there are people in your life you feel are holding you back somehow too.

Just my interpretation.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
these are some great responses.
on a whim i decided to post this. i almost changed my mind. sure glad i didn't.

dreams are wonderful things.

and kittens and puppies and tiny mice are wonderful too. :-)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
as far as I can remember, water usually represents wealth, or at least having what you need and a bit extra.
I get the feeling that green represents life.
You don't sound like you were in fear of the deep green water either, in fact three times you risked yourself to "rescue" the lives of other living creatures, regardless of size or importance and they were grateful each time.
The cat that caught the mouse maybe represents that even though you saved others, life still ends for some and others will partake of that bounty.
But you were still concerned for the life you'd saved.
Makes me think you're a caring person that will try or goes out of their way to help others.
I'm not sure if the dreams are premonitions or not, maybe they are just reflecting your nature, sort of a subconscious retrospection ?
I don't know if there are any here that can read dreams or not, this is more my thoughts on your dream and I'm not fully functional at 3:30 am lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

don't ask. i was diving in a fluffy pool apparently: maybe it is the collective animal sub-conscience saying to you: sorry we make you sick and we would love to be with you too.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Interesting "prophecy" or "warning" dreams:

You didn't mention your job or active hobbies, but I'd guess that you work with data or devices related to the Earth, and have some say over how they are used or interpreted. (I think all that rushing green water represents either the ocean, or the power of Nature.)

The Spirit world is asking your help for an upcoming event that could be catastrophic to "innocent others" (all the white animals). We've had a LOT of snow and rain this winter, and when Spring comes, there could be melt-offs that quickly turn into dangerous floods. OR mud-slides on hillsides that have been de-forested, or no longer have soil-holding vegetation.

Have you seen the flood-plain maps for where you live? Could someone point out the likely path of a flood in your city/area? Could someone point out hills or areas with loose soil that could collapse under a barrage of water?

All the sinister cats playing with the mice could represent unscrupulous contractors, overcharging home-owners for repairs after a catastrophic flood.

Good Luck!

edit on 7-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

this is a very interesting take on the dreams. i'm lucky to have so many wonderful responses to think about.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It seems you have been going through hard times. You ended up making a friend while missing an opportunity. You also ended up with a crush when things were a little easier. When times are much easier, your crush may show back up and not be the same person. Do you have a child also? The crush may come back and try to claim another child is yours.

Is this accurate at all? Forgive me if it is not.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

another dream.

i'm sitting on a light colored couch. the sun is beaming a warm orange light into the room. at my feet a small white, long haired dog quietly sits. i smile and lean down to pick up the small puppy/dog. the pup walks onto my lap and lays down. i remove a pillow case from a pillow and use it to cover the small dog. the dog falls asleep on my lap. i feel calm. after some time i gently pick up the dog, little blanket and all, and gently set it on the couch. i stand up. i turn to look at the small white dog. the dog snuggles down into the wrapping. i get the feeling that i should sit back down. but instead i leave the room.

i woke up.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

another dream:

i exit my home. the sky is blue with a couple of white clouds floating by. a gentle breeze rustles the green leaves of the trees that surround the buildings. the buildings are white stucco. a cement walk way is flanked by green thick grass. the buildings have many doors and windows giving me the impression of an apartment complex. i walk for a short while. then as i turn a corner of one of the stucco buildings i see in the grass five cats. one large cat and four kittens. all of them are orange except for one. the smallest of the kittens is fluffy white. i walk towards the group of cats. i get near and the mama cat positions between me and the kittens. i crouch and smile. the small white fluffy kitten comes towards me. the mama cat watches closely. i gently pet the kitten and it begins to purr. the kitten bumps it's little nose against my leg and continues to purr. the mama cat and the other kittens relax. mama cat lays down. the kittens begin to play. the white kitten remains with me purring and enjoying being pet. i hear voices but don't know where they are coming from. i don't recognize them either. i look around to determine where the voices are coming from but am unable to. i look down and the white kitten is back with its group. i sigh then stand up. the shadow of the trees and buildings grew. it's getting late and i begin to feel stressed. no logical reason for it. i look back down for another look at the cats but they are gone.

i wake up.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
White animals have historically been associated with the "otherworldly folk." Typically they were called faerie dogs, faerie cats, etc... Water/land; grass/buildings; inside/outside (where the sun beam came from and also the door); and even the bridge... are boundary places - a border between two realms.

Water is symbolic of the spiritual and if it is green and murky it may be symbolic of the boundary between the physical and the spiritual.

I'd say you have a spirit guide trying to get your attention. Why not ask the animals to speak to you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join