It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper Hill Derbyshire / I worked there in the tunnels and bunkers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi I am a new member and lived @ Peakdale till 2000, now live in Isle of Skye. When I was a apprentice in the mid 60's we did a lot of work @ HH under ground and a smale amount above. This included where they tested Gun Barrels, Callor Gas pressure release valve heads under high temp we used to get a warning in the locale paper ( Buxton Advertiser ). During the time I was @ HH the following experiments took place.
Re-construction of the tube station fire on the escalator.
Gas bottle safety seal on neck of gas bottle, these where done at night?
Installation of modern Fire and Emergency signalling systems, and com's.
Subway train simulation of accident in tube tunnel.
A few privately owned hand guns and rifles that had been involved in accidents.
And more to come.

Near to HH is Dove Holes and where now stands a garage, behind this was some massive under ground Fuel storage tanks, now filled in. These are now covered over by houses. Near by was a Fuel pumping Station that we as a company was contracted to dissemble and make safe. The pipe fed from Liverpool and pumped up to working pressure before storage.
The labyrinth of passages is immense and some was used for a mushroom farm.
More to come tomorrow.
Best wishes to all Steve.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I live in Derbyshire(just,Nottingham post code though), welcome to ATS.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: to add stuff

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, but I have no clue what HH is an it's relevance. Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Phew for a moment there I thought our 'cough' esteemed 'cough' Prime Minister Stephen Harper had gone balls to the wall and renamed Parliament Hill. After all we no lomger have the 'Government of Canada' but the 'Harper Government' or at least as far as the press and federal communications go.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Id be surprised if the UK wasn't riddled with all kinds of underground installations....
Im not sure but was this any kind of mil- lab or other secret base as well?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It may help if you spelt the name correctly....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SteveL

Welcome to ATS. I'm not familiar with the location. Do you have any interesting stories from your time there?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SteveL

Hi Steve, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I look forward to your next post, Steve, but I'm not sure what you're going to hit us with. It seems to me this is a perfectly legitimate and necessary research establishment. Do you know different?

top topics

join