It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes Jury Candidate Released After Pulling Hair Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

She asked to be excused but was rescheduled for another day. That's when she fell to knees, crying and pulling chunks of her hair out.

At that point she was released from jury.

...Tuesday's incident came after two other prospective jurors previously showed up intoxicated. Another one was high and at least one person had to leave in an ambulance violently ill.

The woman was at court with her grandchild, who she babysits, and said that she could not find daycare for the child because the child is not vaccinated for measles. She was told she would have to come back for more questioning, and that's when things got weird apparently.

Another news source says:

The woman "lost it," began crying and became incoherent when told she would have to return later for further questioning.

The defense agreed to release her from jury duty after the outburst. On Wednesday, Samour said other potential jurors found clumps of hair on the floor.

Read more at gazette.com...

I thought this was a weird story, especially when you put it in the context of all the strange things about James Holmes and the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting.

Probably it is just coincidence. Probably statistically you're going to get a certain percentage of people called for jury duty who are psychologically disturbed, and another certain percentage who come in intoxicated on alcohol or other things, and another certain percentage who have to be taken off in an ambulance violently ill. Or perhaps there is more to it, as this doesn't really sound that normal during jury selection.

Either way, I thought it should be posted here to factor in with all the other weird aspects of this whole case.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Believe it or not, some people will go to great lengths to get out of jury duty. I always liked George Carlins way. When they do the interview, tell them you can spot guilty people from a mile away.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Jury duty is the devil!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
WTF, this is pretty messed up. I have had Jury duty, and there are much much easier ways of getting out of Jury Duty than pulling your hair out and making yourself look as crazy as Holmes himself. Im just boggled after trying to picture the women falling to her knees pulling chunks of her hair out.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
Believe it or not, some people will go to great lengths to get out of jury duty. I always liked George Carlins way. When they do the interview, tell them you can spot guilty people from a mile away.

That's what I thought at first but... it's not like this is a tax fraud case with some stranger. This is a high-profile and very interesting case. I can't imagine anybody wanting to not be a part of the jury of an incredibly historical case. It's a story you would be telling well into your days in an old folks home.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was truthful both the times I was called up. I said I don't believe in judging anyone. So unless I have absolute proof of their wrong-doing I would not find guilty in any case.

And when coerced that the evidence need not be absolute, just beyond a reasonable doubt (and in a civil case, the preponderance of the evidence). I respectfully stated my viewpoint again, and stated how it would go against my first amendment right of freedom of religion, as I believe it is wrong to judge another person, that it is left up to God.

I was let go both times.
edit on 5-2-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So weird measles vaccination popping up everywhere. Just a note. Woman with non vaxxed child goes crazy.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

And why the hell do you think that is?

Think about this and how they kill to trash people.. Trashing people.. Ask Ron Paul how that went.. or any popular star who got busted doing something.. How when they are good they are shown pretty.. When they are bad they are shown as drug crazed lunatics..

Mind games on little mice.. Isnt it great...
edit on 2/5/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I'm not 100 perce t on your meaning.

I dont think this mention is an instance of what im talking about, but I wanted to note it.
I think we will aee in increase in stories about measles and vaccines through the election cycle. They are creating a phony platform to use against freedom oriented candidates.

It'a not for discussing in this thread though. I made a thread to fully outline this cconcept: antivaxxer movement a hoax to influence voters

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Or what I did, just tell them you don't like cops and think the courts are a charade. Neither the prosecution nor the defense wanted me after I answered their questions, lol.

In this case, this is certainly weird, but not surprising. Most people are nuts, period.

I experience this daily in my profession.

Just waiting for this trial to break out in the vein on Burton's orginal Batman: prosecutors and court staff breaking out into mad hysterics like the newscasters in that movie.

edit on 5-2-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

She asked to be excused but was rescheduled for another day. That's when she fell to knees, crying and pulling chunks of her hair out.

At that point she was released from jury.

...Tuesday's incident came after two other prospective jurors previously showed up intoxicated. Another one was high and at least one person had to leave in an ambulance violently ill.

The woman was at court with her grandchild, who she babysits, and said that she could not find daycare for the child because the child is not vaccinated for measles. She was told she would have to come back for more questioning, and that's when things got weird apparently.

Another news source says:

The woman "lost it," began crying and became incoherent when told she would have to return later for further questioning.

The defense agreed to release her from jury duty after the outburst. On Wednesday, Samour said other potential jurors found clumps of hair on the floor.

Read more at gazette.com...

I thought this was a weird story, especially when you put it in the context of all the strange things about James Holmes and the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting.

Probably it is just coincidence. Probably statistically you're going to get a certain percentage of people called for jury duty who are psychologically disturbed, and another certain percentage who come in intoxicated on alcohol or other things, and another certain percentage who have to be taken off in an ambulance violently ill. Or perhaps there is more to it, as this doesn't really sound that normal during jury selection.

Either way, I thought it should be posted here to factor in with all the other weird aspects of this whole case.

Is there something in the water over there that they are not alerting us to????

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
WTF, this is pretty messed up. I have had Jury duty, and there are much much easier ways of getting out of Jury Duty than pulling your hair out and making yourself look as crazy as Holmes himself. Im just boggled after trying to picture the women falling to her knees pulling chunks of her hair out.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Acting crazy is one thing, but to pull out chunks of hair (enough so that people were actually finding the clumps of hair later on the floor!) is not so easy and would be extremely painful.

I'm thinking crazy or drugged. With some of the other aspects of this case (and with another prospective juror having to be taken by ambulance to a hospital), I particularly wondered about the latter possibility.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't get people being anti-jury duty. I actually called my county up when I live in NY and asked them to add me to the jury duty rolls. Thy had no issue. I the paper work a year and a half later to report but had no transportation as my car had died. I told them I couldn't report to court so they removed me from the rolls. I was immensely disappointed. Granted most of the cases as DUIs, drugs, etc... but I'm weird like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I have done jury duty.

The application of my skills base at work, is one of the primary sources of revenue for the business I work at. Without me around, there are certain things that simply do not get done, or if they do, they get done in a clunkier, more time consuming, and less cost effective manner, which often results in a lower quality customer level experience of our company. Our business relies on word of mouth mostly for advertising, since we have had bad experiences with big ad campaigns on radio and in the local paper. Being away from the business for a number of days therefore, is something I do not do lightly. Two weeks is virtually unheard of.

I say all of the above to provide context for what I am about to say.

I intensely dislike the mentality of some people when it comes to doing their duty as citizens, and serving as a juror. Jury service is one of the biggest responsibilities that the state can ask a person to perform on its behalf. It places the individual in a position where that individual is expected to assist in the dispensing of justice, by hearing a case, weighing its factors, and deciding the fate of a fellow citizen with regard to their innocence or guilt.

This is not a thing to be taken lightly, or brushed off as an inconvenience! Not only does being placed on a jury mean that one is performing a public service for the duration of ones attendance at court, but furthermore, one is literally in a position to ensure that justice is done as far as it can be. Sometimes that will mean finding a person guilty of the crime they are charged with, and sometimes it will mean acquitting the individual in the dock, but either way, it is down to the juror to ensure that those outcomes have been reached with the firmest respect for the law, and with the greatest possible attention to detail and rigor.

We have all seen cases appear in the media, where a person has either been improbably jailed for a crime they did not commit, or people who seemed guilty as sin either got off, or got light sentences. Where sentencing is concerned of course, that is a matter for the judge, but in terms of which way the verdict goes, a juror is in a position of responsibility, not just to pay the proper respect to the process, but to ensure that they interact with the process in the most effective, and useful manner possible.

When people show up with clear bias, either toward the police, or toward the defendant simply because he or she is on the wrong side of the law, or worse, when they make plain from the beginning that they have nothing but disdain for the necessity of their presence, that their city job is more important to them than the function of something as important as criminal justice... That makes me very angry indeed.

Turning up drunk, turning up high, these things are equally as shoddy, and I say that despite the fact that I know of no mortal man who enjoys quaffing beverages of extreme potency, as much as I! But there is a time and a place to indulge ones vices, and that time is not when one is supposed to be performing the most important service that a regular citizen can possibly be asked to attend to.

I can understand a person having trouble getting child care arranged, and I really think that it is a failing of the courts system that no crèche system has been developed for the children of jurors and the staff of courts themselves. In that instance, frankly a rock and a hard place is a phrase which comes to mind without even the merest thought having to be put into it, and I do not envy anyone that situation. No wonder her hair was being pulled out at the roots!

However, jury service is not to be taken lightly, and I would suggest that if anyone really thinks that there is something more important they ought to be doing, other than looking to the immediate care of their dependent family members, then individuals who subscribe to that aloof attitude where jury service is concerned, ought to get their bloody priorities straight.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Sounds like she was mining cultural memes to get out of jury duty: grandparents saddled with grandkids, measles, cray-cray.

Only adds to all the woo surrounding Holmes and that area in general...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Someone trying to get their 5 minutes of fame ad reckon.

Well done they`ve got it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah. The measles thing caught me too. EVERYWHERE.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's a shame the judge couldn't let her bald head sit on the jury anyway.

"You thought you were going to get out of it didn't you? Guess who's crazier? That guy sitting with the defense right over there, but don't let them hear me say it! NOW SIT YOUR BALD BUTT DOWN!"

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why does this sound like the beginning to a real-life episode of The Following? This is going to be a circus.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What chaps my hide is I'm not "fit" for Jury Duty due to my mental health status.

What's even more ironic, is the Holmes Case is right in line with my field of psychological studies.

Takes a nutcase to understand a nutcase.

I'd gladly serve on this jury were I able....and yes, I'd weigh the evidence presented accordingly without bias.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join