It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Debate Rages - "Is She Fat?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The internet is ablaze with discussion on if this model is fat, I say no.
Curvy yes, fat no.
Some of the comments must be from teenage boys, I remember being that age, my peers were so critical, if the girl wasn't red hot she was classified as a beast, really sad. There seemed to be no middle ground with them.

There are over 1600 comments on this article
ET Article

edit on 5-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Who cares what her body looks like, her face is terrifying!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Sorry I disagree

Close Up

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There are some body types that naturally look like that. For the last several years, there has been one cheerleader at our college that has had that body type. You can tell the girl doesn't have a spare ounce of fat on her, but she has that tank body type that makes her curvy.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That's a proper woman. Skinny chicks are gross.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

How ridiculous is this discussion?

What a hypocritical people we humans are. On one hand, we romanticize about Kings' dream for the day when we judge each other by the content of their character. On the other hand, we are talking about how fat people are.

Jesus H.

link   
Likely some of the commenters wouldn't pass their own test of good looks.

link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Sorry I disagree

Close Up

I can't stand women that wear makeup.

link   
I see a normal,average size woman being judged by a society of those converted into believing skinny is sexy,and that all women should strive to be that way. Its an unnatural state to starve oneself,especially to gain approval from others. She is gorgeous,and not just because of her body,but the confidence she carries it with.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Will someone please send me a message reminding me to give a rat's ass?
edit on 5-2-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18966725]Blue_Jay33[/p

LOL.

That's a bit dramatic.

Either way, I would say for her particular body type she is fine at the age that she is. Some women can carry more weight a little easier than others because of how and where it distributes. She probably won't be as lucky 10+ years down the line and would benefit from slimming down or bulking up some(doesn't look like she has any definition at all which is a huge health concern for women).

Also I hate this pro-curve movement to be quite honest. It leaves many women feeling that they don't need to put in the hard work it takes to live a long and healthy life. Heart disease is the number one killer of women in America. Above homicide, cancer, and everything else.

Where is the pro-curve movement for guys with potbellies?

I will say this...

Enough of this nonsense. Ladies, get rid of that ass because it will be your killer. Pick up the heavier dumbbells and don't be afraid of a little muscle. It will save your life.

Edit: Also, I am the body type similar to hers(not as heavy as her). I injured my foot at one point and had reached about 150 lbs but still looked quite skinny. I could feel the extra weight on my body though and now that I am back down to the 125 I feel lighter and move around a lot more. I don't understand why anyone would stay that weight. I feel like I was an elephant that morphed back into a gazelle. I can run and jog for a little bit here and there without even getting winded. So yeah, I love being slim. I couldn't stand the feeling of the extra weight.
edit on 5-2-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not nearly fat enough for my tastes.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Oh, I wouldn't. I'm a middle aged women with a healthy set of my own curves. After all, I've had a kid. But if you notice, I didn't judge. I just pointed out that some women had that body type and there's nothing wrong with it. It just looks like that.

I also have sensitive skin so I don't tend to wear makeup most days. So I'm doubly fugly and could care less about it because my husband doesn't mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

No doubt..it's the internet way.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

i like curvy women.

The thing is, I don't make fun of skinny chicks. And that is the difference. It isn't "fat acceptance." Its just simply "acceptance".

The woman in the video....should she fret over making the complete strangers barking at her anonymously happy? And once her bones are sticking out everywhere....what about the obviously damaged psyche that hinges self worth on the evaluation of nameless faces?

edit on 2/5/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see what people's opinions are compared to their age. I'm 43 and think she is quite lovely. Do younger men judge her more harshly?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Seeing her certainly is a good thing! Finally someone representing what many of us look like. I am 5'10" and my figure is very similar to hers...and I also wear a size 14. You go girl!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wasn't calling you out, I was speaking about the comments on the website itself.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Seeing her certainly is a good thing! Finally someone representing what many of us look like. I am 5'10" and my figure is very similar to hers...and I also wear a size 14. You go girl!!!

Size 14 shoe?
Not gonna lie, I've something of an Amazon fetish

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well our perception of beauty changes over time too, as this video illustrates, sometimes skinny is in, and sometimes plump is in.

The consensus on this video is that at least 2 from each group are perhaps shown as hyperbolic examples.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join