It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Debate Rages - "Is She Fat?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Who said anything about bones?

Honestly there seems to be this divide that women are either like the woman in the video(or heavier) or anorexic.

Both are unhealthy and there is another body type that takes hard work and requires eating a lot of fat and protein.

Also, damaged psych isn't the number one killer of women in America, heart disease is.

I would also say that women need to get over themselves and their fear of being strong. When you start lifting weights and gaining muscle you don't have to worry about staying thin anymore. The muscles take care of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Your posts are pretty funny.

You should consider doing stand up(I'm being completely serious).

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I've typically been with woman who have this body type, and have been asked by other guys why I go for "fat chicks".

Personally I don't see anything wrong with her, and find her to be attractive; but I feel it's so stupid that I should feel "ashamed" for saying that because she's not what's considered normal I guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No...size 14 dress...size 11 shoe.

Reply to: Eunuchorn

edit on 2015-02-05T10:51:26-06:00amThursdayam0520152America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, but with over 1600 comments on that website, I wanted to hear ATSers opinions.

I figured the responses should be more intelligent, just like yours

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
No...size 14 dress...size 11 shoe.

Stop....you had me at 5'10

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Your posts are pretty funny.

You should consider doing stand up(I'm being completely serious).

Haha, thanks, I have considered it but I get too lost in my own head to come up with a real set.

Id probably do something like stream of consciousness & just end up insulting a lot of fat ugly religious people, while one dude in the corner laughs his ass off.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I find absolutely NOTHING wrong with a fuller figured woman, in fact its my preference. I've NEVER been into slim gals

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You should just keep a notepad and jot down some of the stuff you come up with that way it doesn't get lost along the way.

The Amazon joke(size 14 shoe vs size 14 dress, and you had me at 5'10) would be great on stage if executed well.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

But some folks just don't want to lift weights. Or be stronger. A luxury of modern life is that you can exist in a relatively frail state without too much negative impact on yourself. Especially if you live in a city.

To me, the girl in the video is skinny. We each have a different perception of where that line is. And I imagine that she could barely stand to lose a few lbs before bones stick out.

RE: heart disease, and its mortality rate.....seems to me that humans have an expected life span. It also seems to me that people tend to die, regardless of how healthy they are. Some folks choose to trade quality of life for quantity of life. I've have no problems with that....i was a top level athlete for many years and totally understand that desire.

Its what i was talking about: acceptance. Its none of our jobs to force people to save themselves from something we loathe. ETA: not saying you are forcing anything.
Not going after the player here.
edit on 2/5/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I obviously don't understand the standard idea of beauty anymore. Can somebody please explain how sarah Jessica Parker is considering attractive? Think about it, she married Mathew Broderick. He looks like a toad.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

It would start...

"So I was trying to pick up chicks on this conspiracy forum the other day..."

@Hoosier
Sarah Jessica looks like Frog. Frog & Toad belong together.

She's picture proof that skinny doesn't = beauty

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

First, what a stupid, stupid, stupid thing to debate about.

Second, she looks just fine. If a person falls in a healthy weight range, medically speaking, they normally look it. She's not obese, obviously, and most her weight is where a man would want it so...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I would be willing to wager that she is considered obese by the scale they use at my doctors office.
but I do disagree.
I think I read somewhere that Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been considered obese using that same formula. Even with 2 percent body fat.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Maybe plus sized women will make a comeback.
It was not always about skinny women.

I'm all for it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's not about lifting weights or not.. women as they age get heavier.. I have always had an hourglass figure, and when I was younger I had it while being thin.. now that I am older I have put on weight, but I still have a proportional hour glass figure..

Men flirt with me as much now as the did when I was 20.. perhaps even moreso..

We change as we age, and there is nothing wrong with that.. its not healthy or unhealthy.. the woman in the video wasn't fat.. she was just curvier than some women.. And men are attracted to that, moreso than not.
edit on 5-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A real woman!, not a stick insect!, im not a fan of thin, having a bit of meat on the bone is a good thing!!

All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Using BMI(weight and height) is a very bad way of determining if you're obese or not.

Even the hip to waist ratio is a better way to check obesity risk, especially in women because it would take into account different body types such as the woman in the OP.

Then there is the body fat percentage which can be determined fairly accurately by using skin calipers. If used in conjunction with the hip to waist ratio you can get a very good idea of where you fall.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just something else to ponder:

I personally think how a person carries themselves is much more important than what size they are.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well you could do something similar and tell the story of an online dating adventure.

You could make it to where you had to end things with the fictional woman when you found out she meant size 14 dress instead of a size 14 shoe.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join