It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded Warriors Project A Legal Scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Most of y'all know I'm big on the military and the help those men & women give the country. You may also know I like charities, especially those that help others as they're intended.

Well, here I am telling you that the organization I was touting about and backing is "pathetic" at best.

I generally like to see the charities I donate to have 85+% of money received go to the intended recipients - ie - the person that you decided to give the money to help out. Lots of charities hit this mark, and a lot don't. I would never give a dime to UNICEF due to the exorbitant salaries paid and other high administrative costs.

The Wounded Warrior Project took in $154,958,901 in 2011 charitable donations. Of this $154 million, only $4,857,084 was paid in grants to other Veterans organizations and $671,194 was given to individuals. In other words, 3.57% of every donation actually went to the "intended recipient". Where did the other money go?

Salaries of officers, directors & trustees - $15,415,666
Employee Benefits - $2,226,457
Office Expense - $12,451,303
Travel - $4,086,509
Promotional Items - $4,055,567
Outside Services (no idea what this is...) - $20,915,404

That's their "questionable overhead" in a nutshell. Roughly 40% of money taken in is spent on that crap above. In comparison to the Red Cross that has under a 5% total overhead with over 92% of donations going to help those that need it.

This explains how WWP can have a dozen commercials a night too, every night, during prime time, on multiple cable channels.

/disappointed

Source

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
By the way, if this is the wrong forum section for this post please feel free to move it, MODS.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Definitely a sick practice...running a business of off peoples worst emotions.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Arti cle refuting those claims.

I'm not sure what to believe yet, but thought it was important to throw this into the discussion.

On Friday, June 20, 2014, the federal court hearing the case entered a judgment against Dean Graham and his organization Help Indiana Vets, Inc. (HIVI), and permanently enjoined both from making defamatory statements about WWP. What this means is that Dean acknowledged he made false and defamatory statements, the court entered a judgment accordingly, and Dean/HIVI are no longer permitted to make defamatory statements about Wounded Warrior Project.

Not only have Dean Graham’s statements been proven false by our judicial system, but this would mean Alex Graham’s statements are also legally false and defamatory. But I’m pretty sure as I just showed you, we didn’t even need a court order to prove that these claims were not true.

Now I can't type article? ATS has weird bugs. Window.
edit on 0520150220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

i don't know how it is in the usa but here in the uk, organisers that collect money for charities are legaly allowed to keep

%80 of the total amount collected for wages and administration .

that is the reason i do not donate any more .

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So how many ads are there on cable TV asking for JUST 19 dollars ???????

When they all use the same amount, that should make you a little suspicious added with it is always the same vet that was injured.

Lot of tell tale signs if you react with caution rather then compassion in the beginning.

Good find OP, its sad there are no agency's that watch these bottom feeders like they do political rip offs.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Wounded Warrior Project is one of many that fall under the Lucis Trust, formally Lucifer Publishing Company. The Lucis Trust website used to list their holdings , however, due to people boycotting some companies after finding out who they really were, the list is no longer published. The Lucifer Publishing Company, Lucis Trust, by the way is the publishing company for the UN. Alice Baily even has a seat at the UN and sits in on many of their meetings. Take this info. and search it. The occult UN.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As with most well intentioned ideas, there is often a greedy a-hole looking to be the prime beneficiary of other's selflessness. Sad, but you really have to research charities to see which ones are really helping, and which are only helping make a few people on the board of directors rich.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I questioned wounded warrior as soon as I saw all the apparel and stickers start popping up. In regards to red cross. Next time you drive by one of their offices look at what the people who work there drive. I have little faith in anything or anyone that claims to be a "charity". Rather than donate me and my friends go give goods directly to people. No third party BS.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
uhhmmm....shouldn't this money for wounded warriors already be in the military budget?...if not, why not?....sounds like you could cut retirement pay for a few thousand generals and colonels by a couple of percent, and come up with the money....if you don't think so, look up the retirement compensation, you might be surprised at what their retirement pay is each month.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

THIS is where those numbers are pulled from; their actual Form 990 filing with the IRS. Check out page 10, lines 1 & 2, for the money given out to intended recipients. The ~$21 mill amount for outside services can be seen on the same page, line 24a.

Ain't nothing to debunk when you pull the numbers from their actual tax return...
edit on 5-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just checked them out on Charitynavigator . org website. Only 57.7% of funds raised actually go to program expenses. A whopping 36.5% is spent on fundraising (probably your "outside services") and another 5.7% for administration.

The food bank I contribute to uses 97.3% of funds raised to run programs - ie purchase food. Much better return on my money there.

top topics

join