It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on this gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2015 by TinkerHaus because: Double Post

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

Taurus are cheap for a reason they are crap........Save a little more a buy something else. Never buy Taurus....Kel-Tec-----DPMS-----New Bushmasters. These gun companies have sold out and make cheap crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm sure 5.11 Tactical must have something that can conceal it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I forgot to mention I'm left handed if that makes a difference.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Daavin because: additions

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TonyS

Sorry British here.
A wheel gun? is that like a revolver? like the wild west ones?.

Revolver, yes. Although there are two or three basic types. There are the old style, "single action" Cowboy type revolvers which are extremely popular with a lot of people who do competition Western style shooting. Then there's the more modern double action with swing out cylinder which are quicker to reload and some say, quicker to fire. A third type is hybrid with up to 10 inch barrells in .44 magnum for hunting. They accomodate scopes.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So a single action is where you have to pull the hammer??? back by yourself and a double is just pulling the trigger and the hammer comes back as you pull the trigger?.
Cheers btw.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You get what you pay for. Research CZ 75 shadow. You can get the kadet conversion kit to shoot .22 through it. Lots of support gear for it in Canada. It's a fav for IPSC shooters, cuz of the best trigger and accuracy. Diff grips if your hands are big or small. Has a rail for lights and lasers and all sorts of after market replacements. If you run dry you can throw it and get good hits.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Precisely. With the double action, you can fire either way, using the thumb to pull the trigger back or, just pull the trigger which itself cocks (retracts) the hammer and keep pulling and it releases the hammer.

There's some really neat youtube videos showing the Western shooting style with the Single action. What's neat about it is that by 1) using the right firearm, i.e., one with a good hammer spur at good angle, and 2) using a modified grip and using the left thumb to pull the hammer back, using the right hand index to pull the trigger, these people are fast as lightning in firing off 6 shots.

There are a lot of people who swear by the single action as being more accurate. My complaint with it is that you can only load one bullet at a time through the little swing gate on the right side of the firearm, so its not ideal for a daily carry self-defense weapon.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Cheers for the info I hope to get over to the states sometime this year and Iam gonna shoot me some guns
edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The CANIK TP9 has some really good reviews, so does the CZ 75 shadow. I have found some revolvers in my price range so now the next Question:

Being left handed what is the better choice revolver or semi-auto

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a pistol made for the left hand
yes, thats a thing

edit because that sounded jerkish:
if you use a right handed semi auto with your left hand you risk hot casings being ejected back on you.
right handed revolvers are made to be loaded from the left side.
edit on 2/4/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Don't buy a Taurus. It's worth it to wait and save up another $100-$200.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

I have that problem with side eject shotguns darn things keep hitting me in the forehead. lol

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
lol then you see what i mean

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Good for you! Have a great time!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
You should test a Springfield XDM 9mm or 45 ACP.

Big fan of this one and the Glocks.

They would be my recommendation as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Taurus are cheap for a reason they are crap........Save a little more a buy something else. Never buy Taurus....Kel-Tec-----DPMS-----New Bushmasters. These gun companies have sold out and make cheap crap.

When they say opinions are like buttholes, yours falls into the smelly category.

Kel-Tec, DPMS, and Bushmaster are all just fine. Taurus, I wouldn't call them "crap" but there are better options for the same money.

Your mind would be blown if you knew how many "top tier" manufacturers get their parts from the same places DPMS gets theirs.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

originally posted by: Violater1
You should test a Springfield XDM 9mm or 45 ACP.

Big fan of this one and the Glocks.

I have had Glocks for over 20 years now, for a reason.
You can score one for $100 and change more than you're looking to spend.
Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
Pull the trigger, it goes bang, every time.

Springfield's are right there too, however the difference in the grip is significant.
It's really a matter as to what feels "right" when you put them in your hand.

When I was younger, all I carried were Sig Sauers, mainly due to the hype..
Problem was, I couldn't hit nothing.

Great gun, poor fit FOR ME!!
Get out there, put some rounds downrange, ask lots of questions and do some research!
ATS has more knowledge stored up than one could imagine.

One more thing, have fun while you're researching!

They would be my recommendation as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
These rules still in effect?

1)All gun owners have to be licensed, and all handguns and most semiautomatic weapons have to be registered.
2)Handguns can't be carried out of the home, either concealed or openly, except with a specific license, which is usually only given to people who need guns for work.
3)Licenses require training in gun safety and an extensive background check.
4)Guns have to be kept locked and unloaded.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can't go wrong with glock. They make some of the most reliable, and accurate hand guns on the market. I just bought a glock 23 3 days ago. I was carrying my 45, but the 40 seems to be a bit better to conceal, and carry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join