It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1500 Year Old Bible Found, nobody want's to know - Could be real deal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
You said you don't know how this book could be wrong?
Come on dude.. be more vigilant than that.

People have been trying to disprove the New Testament for centuries but all have failed. I don't care what anyone says, you can't disprove the Bible. All you can do is disagree with it, which plenty of people do.

The truth hurts sometimes. This is proven when every time a bogus story like this comes along, people JUMP on it. The OP has got nearly 50 flags and it's probably one of the worst threads I've ever read.

It's actually impossible to prove a negative. The onus is on the believers who claim that the New Testament (or any other book) is fact to prove that it is fact. You have not done so yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: shauny

LOL what else do you expect coming out of Turkey.

Do you not know that the Dead Sea scrolls are a lot older?? They are the original books of the Bible.

One of the earliest carbon dating tests was carried out on November 14, 1950. This was on a piece of linen from Qumran Cave 1, the resulting date range being 167 BCE - 233 CE.[1] Libby had first started using the dating method in 1946 and the early testing required relatively large samples, so testing on scrolls themselves only became feasible when methods used in the dating process were improved upon.[2] F.E. Zeuner carried out tests on date palm wood from the Qumran site yielding a date range of 70 BCE - 90 CE.[3] In 1963 Libby tested a sample from the Isaiah Scroll, which provided a range of 200 BCE - 1 CE.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

So no, this obvious fake book made by the Turkish Islamic s does not make anything in the Bible a lie!!!!

I find it funny that the language that it is wrote in, is about the same as this book. I highly doubt this is a legit book written in the time they claim since it is nothing but the same ISLAMIC fairytale that the Muslims have been beating in their Qur'an.

Muslim fairytale, Christian fairytale. What's the difference?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

People have been trying to disprove the New Testament for centuries but all have failed. I don't care what anyone says, you can't disprove the Bible. All you can do is disagree with it, which plenty of people do.

The truth hurts sometimes. This is proven when every time a bogus story like this comes along, people JUMP on it. The OP has got nearly 50 flags and it's probably one of the worst threads I've ever read.

It's actually impossible to prove a negative. The onus is on the believers who claim that the New Testament (or any other book) is fact to prove that it is fact. You have not done so yet.

It's not on me to prove anything to you. I will minister the Gospel to you if you want, but if you don't believe the validity of the Gospel that is up to you.

That's something a lot of you seem not to understand. The burden of proof does not fall on us. It falls on you. YOU decide whether you believe the Gospel or not, Christianity is about having a personal relationship with God. How can I provide that for you?

It is between you and God. The Gospel isn't 100% necessary in becoming a Christian and knowing Jesus. We are supposed to study the scriptures and it is a major tool in the battle but proving the validity of the Gospel to unbelievers is futile.

You can chalk this down to whatever you want, but the fact remains, no-one has DISPROVED the Gospel. Spin this in any philosophical way you want, (Can't disprove a negative- blah blah)

Still can't disprove it. If you expect people to prove something with whatever measure, then you should be able to disprove it using the same measure.

As it stands, you cannot, therefore for you to claim the Bible is false is idiocy because you just don't know.

I've got my personal proof, as have millions of other people.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

I believe what the Bible says 110%.

Of course there are incredible miracles. My God is a great God and made everything so yeah he can do anything.

I did not say Satan wrote the thing. I was referring to Satan being a deceiver and mimicking God in everything.

I haven't even read this supposed Bible. I decided to look it up online and made my determination by what I kept finding. I did forget to include one of the links, my apologies. Here it is:
vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

I only chose to disagree with it because it doesn't match the Bible. The Bible is the inspired word of God and unfortunately those who aren't believers aren't able to grasp some of the text in the Bible because the Holy Spirit speaks to our heart when we read it (believers). This is not said in offence, it's just the way it is. God's word does not lie and it doesn't change. He is consistent today, yesterday. So it doesn't have to do with my faith. I see it not going hand in hand with the Bible. I can read all the books and newsletters of say... Billy Graham, but I will never take his word for God's truth. I will take God's word for his word. And I hope you're able to grasp what I mean when I say this because if it doesn't go in accordance with the Bible then it's moot. It's that simple for me.

Have I read the Bible? Yes, several times, front to back. I don't claim to understand it all, but I do try.

Non believers do think the Bible is messed up. But they are blind. See when we become born again we become part of God. We have him residing within us in the form of the Holy Spirit. I don't mean this with any ignorance but you're not going to understand until you become a believer.

Jesus was and IS real. He lived a blameless life, he was rejected by those he came for, he was crucified and put to death. He rose on the third day. And he is coming back.

Oh and if Tangerine is there, guess what? This is fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

It is possible, that once it is proven to be a fake, it will be touted that it's proof Paul was a real apostle. It's like setting the stage to debunk a hoax via another hoax. I don't believe Paul was an apostle for lots of reasons. This just smacks of stuff to throw at people who say things like. ... "Oh, you know that whole Paul not being an apostle was proven a lie when they found that fake bible" yada yada.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You know I really am sorry that I seem to have offended you.

However you are talking to a Christian and I go by what the Bible says. And that what God has declared and so he has every right to do whatever he decides when we each face him.

I would much prefer that everyone come to God because they realize how much he loves them. And not for the threat of whatever Hell means. Regardless of hell being a lake of fire or eternal suffering or simply being separated from God the end result is the same: loneliness and suffering of the spirit for sure. There are lots of opinions on what hell is. But whatever it is it's sure to be a separation of God and love and peace.

So if I came across as threatening that non believers won't go to Heaven then I do apologize. However I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't clarify that this is what the Bible says.

As for Adam and Eve they were warned not to touch the fruit. So they had consequences.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull
If this leather bound bible was proven to be real, would you still not believe it?
My thought is yes, yes you would not.

God's word does not lie and it doesn't change

Really?
Contradictions abound in the bible.

Here, a video, is your faith stronger than Matt?

I dare you to watch.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No problem. I've started watching it but have homework to help with my daughter and bedtime routine. Will get back to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
With all due respect... how on earth do folks believe the Bible is "the Word of God"?

Read Genesis... "In the beginning was the word....etc... became flesh and dwelt among us." Almost suggests what Arius had suggested during the first Council at Nicaea, is accurate.

Also, consider the reference that goes mostly unnoticed in common language usage about what the entirety of the creation is referred to as:

"The Universe" or, if you will the "One Word" (Uni = One Verse = Word)

This is certainly not referring to The Bible!

a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

It's not on me to prove anything to you. I will minister the Gospel to you if you want, but if you don't believe the validity of the Gospel that is up to you.

That's something a lot of you seem not to understand. The burden of proof does not fall on us. It falls on you. YOU decide whether you believe the Gospel or not, Christianity is about having a personal relationship with God. How can I provide that for you?

It is between you and God. The Gospel isn't 100% necessary in becoming a Christian and knowing Jesus. We are supposed to study the scriptures and it is a major tool in the battle but proving the validity of the Gospel to unbelievers is futile.

You can chalk this down to whatever you want, but the fact remains, no-one has DISPROVED the Gospel. Spin this in any philosophical way you want, (Can't disprove a negative- blah blah)

Still can't disprove it. If you expect people to prove something with whatever measure, then you should be able to disprove it using the same measure.

As it stands, you cannot, therefore for you to claim the Bible is false is idiocy because you just don't know.

I've got my personal proof, as have millions of other people.

If one makes a claim of fact, the onus is on that person to prove his claim via testable evidence. It is, of course, impossible to prove a negative. Making a decision is not the same as proving a fact. One can, of course, make the decision to continue to proselytize and demonstrate for all to see how unsupported by evidence one's claims are. There is value in that.

The dispute over this particular book is quite entertaining and that also has value.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

I believe what the Bible says 110%.

Of course there are incredible miracles. My God is a great God and made everything so yeah he can do anything.

I did not say Satan wrote the thing. I was referring to Satan being a deceiver and mimicking God in everything.

I haven't even read this supposed Bible. I decided to look it up online and made my determination by what I kept finding. I did forget to include one of the links, my apologies. Here it is:
vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

I only chose to disagree with it because it doesn't match the Bible. The Bible is the inspired word of God and unfortunately those who aren't believers aren't able to grasp some of the text in the Bible because the Holy Spirit speaks to our heart when we read it (believers). This is not said in offence, it's just the way it is. God's word does not lie and it doesn't change. He is consistent today, yesterday. So it doesn't have to do with my faith. I see it not going hand in hand with the Bible. I can read all the books and newsletters of say... Billy Graham, but I will never take his word for God's truth. I will take God's word for his word. And I hope you're able to grasp what I mean when I say this because if it doesn't go in accordance with the Bible then it's moot. It's that simple for me.

Have I read the Bible? Yes, several times, front to back. I don't claim to understand it all, but I do try.

Non believers do think the Bible is messed up. But they are blind. See when we become born again we become part of God. We have him residing within us in the form of the Holy Spirit. I don't mean this with any ignorance but you're not going to understand until you become a believer.

Jesus was and IS real. He lived a blameless life, he was rejected by those he came for, he was crucified and put to death. He rose on the third day. And he is coming back.

Oh and if Tangerine is there, guess what? This is fact.

Another post chock full of claims of fact. And when you're asked to prove those claims of fact, you'll say they're just your personal beliefs. Why do you do this?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You may think that you're wise, but you're not. I have seen you exhibit an extensive vocabulary, and many different insights on this site but at the end of the day, your posts all boil down to garbage.

You clearly enjoy disagreeing with people as you near on admitted it yourself, just now. There's a big difference between being a skeptic and disagreeing with people just for the sake of it.

People like you are just annoying, simply put.

In Before - 'I'm annoying because I state the facts and don't agree with you?'
Zzzz... & YAWN.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You may think that you're wise, but you're not. I have seen you exhibit an extensive vocabulary, and many different insights on this site but at the end of the day, your posts all boil down to garbage.

You clearly enjoy disagreeing with people as you near on admitted it yourself, just now. There's a big difference between being a skeptic and disagreeing with people just for the sake of it.

People like you are just annoying, simply put.

In Before - 'I'm annoying because I state the facts and don't agree with you?'
Zzzz... & YAWN.

Facts are based on testable evidence only. Claims are not facts. I've yet to see you present any testable evidence.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Tangerine - to me it is fact. I have had personal encounters with God and maybe that's why to me it's fact.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or being stubborn.

I do wish you all the best.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I haven't seen too much conversation on the possible implications if the Bible is verified to be the real thing.

What effects will be seen?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

How does one disprove a book that doesn't actually prove anything?

I don't understand why you keep saying no one has disproved it...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I haven't seen too much conversation on the possible implications if the Bible is verified to be the real thing.

What effects will be seen?

We would need an English translation of it and see what it says first...

I am personally interested in what It says about Paul... aside from the imposter remark

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I guess what I meant was if it is verified to be real what kind of implications will it have based on what it is reported to say so far have on the world.

I would really like to see a translated version especially after reading the Gospel of Judas.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

Cool thanks for sharing. It'd be really interesting to read but I'm not sure what the ramifications would really be.
edit on 4-2-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Until this book is open to historical research, studied and peer reviewed, with full access granted to scholars of any faith or secular, I have more interest in reading a Maramduke cartoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join