It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 soldiers stabbed by attacker in Nice, France

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The west picked the enemy without most of our input on the matter. They have a massive big green hard-on for Islam. Islam isn't doing itself any favors by falling in to the trap either. What's the solution? They are going to war regardless of what you think or what religion you practice. How are you going to combat that? The world was never and nor will ever be fair.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Rational people are logically and historically examining this religion, its followers, and the effect it is having on our world and are waking up to the significance of the threat it poses to western culture.

You realize that most people in the loony bin are damn sure they are sane right ?

These idiots causing these kinds of problems are in the minority...and are a long ways from affecting western culture....try as they might it wont happen....i will tell you what is working though is the media spin,they have so many convinced that war in needed we may well see it in the very near future.....careful what you wish for

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Well we were discussing Syria, that Middle Eastern Country... I'm sure you know the one... It has a Middle Eastern Culture...

Charlie - I understand it may be upsetting to you, but that middle eastern culture as you name it - isalmic culture as the remainder of the world that has to confront this mayhem - is expressed world wide.

Syria was not being discussed - the cancer of islam was.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

....i will tell you what is working though is the media spin,they have so many convinced that war in needed we may well see it in the very near future.....careful what you wish for

I am in no way wishing for war.

I'm wishing for honest and sincere dialogue.

Unfortunately, the islamists tend to react with murderous violence when confronted with alternate opinions of mohommad.

It is telling.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

....i will tell you what is working though is the media spin,they have so many convinced that war in needed we may well see it in the very near future.....careful what you wish for

I am in no way wishing for war.

I'm wishing for honest and sincere dialogue.

Unfortunately, the islamists tend to react with murderous violence when confronted with alternate opinions of mohommad.

It is telling.

There is no doubt that is how the extremist act or react.....thing is they are in the minority,and yes i agree they should be sent back to the stone age where they belong....

Here is another thing the more the media jump on the bandwagon the more that will feel disillusioned and join the cause.....it is getting so bad now people are just attacking arab looking people believing they are the devil spawn of isis...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

....it is getting so bad now people are just attacking arab looking people believing they are the devil spawn of isis...

Stop it. You are being silly.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

....it is getting so bad now people are just attacking arab looking people believing they are the devil spawn of isis...

Stop it. You are being silly.

actually i am being quite serious.....if i was being silly i would have posted this...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

touche

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I looked it up.

First of all the numbers in that report are from 2013 and earlier, second, the report shows 'religiously inspired' 216 which is (40 percent) of which 143 in France.
But there is a line in that report which says "Ethno-nationalist and separatists terrorist groups are motivated by nationalism, ethnicity and/or religion".

This is the report on which the article of thinkprogress is based.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No Syria was mentioned, along with the self proclaimed redundant Caliphate, and that is clearly Middle Eastern culture...

Because there is no redundant self proclaimed Caliphate in Islam...
Only a majority elected Caliphate...

It's not upsetting, it's boring!
edit on 3-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

If it were widely spread on the internet as ISIS has done you can bet people would not be ignorant of it.

Really?, cause i've never "seen ISIS" once on the internet unless I specificaly search for information relating to them, and even then its all third party sources. I dont see any of there ads, I dont see any of their recruitment drives, I see absolutley nothing of them on the internet in anway shape or form. And the only reason I even know they exist, is again from third party media sources. So Im not entirely sure how well their PR campaign is doing.

How many reshares do their twitter feeds get exactly?, cause im pretty skeptical about their online popularity to be honest.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
What really needs to happen is a world Islamic conference that takes this theological abomination out of the 7th century and provides a less barbaric interpretation of the Quran. Time for some moderation and tolerance of others that Islam demands for itself.

Not entirely impossible. I believe something like this happened in India at one time. The cleric that did this studied with teachers of other religions and philosophies and didn't exactly remain Muslim. He ended up creating his own unique spinoff religion which borrowed from all of them. (I could be wrong but I think the story is that he was first trying to understand what these people were about and why they never converted when much of India was part of a Muslim empire, but he ended up liking them more and more while finding common ground, and the rest as they say - is history.)

As for these people trying to start trouble in Europe, sooner or later they're going to happen upon some hooligans that are no pushover to a fight and they're not going to like it when everyone else starts looking the other way. Moderates really need to put a stop to this, because sooner or later it could get bad for them if these little incidents keep happening and the authorities not considering it anything other than "street justice" when the blowback happens.

There needs to be more effort to find and stop troublemakers (either side) before things happen, as that's what's necessary to keep this from getting worse. The real hard part is for governments to do this without law enforcement becoming overbearing.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Something for brainwashed people to read.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated

Neither of those make any difference. Of course not all muslims are not terrorists, or is it the other way around, either way any intelligent person knows this. The also can plainly see what muslims are doing day in and day out in the name of Islam. It isn't that hard to spot a connection, and I doubt the 2% number is accurate. As if you can get an honest representation of these scumbags motives, plus "religiously related" is a very subjective term. Is attempting the installation of sharia law a religiously motivated goal or politically? Islam has a problem, and if it is not addressed Islam will be a problem. That is a distinction many won't get.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Tell me...

What is Islamic violence please?

Is it different to Human violence?

Before you bore me into submission by claiming "it's in the Quran"...
I'll put that to bed right now...

There is no violence permitted in the Quran, that isn't based on self defence...

So you can either tell me that this Islamic violence that is so widespread is either self defence in which case, so what...

Or you can face upto the fact that it's actually Human nature with a hint of regional & tribal culture...

Don't waste my time with whacky websites...
Don't cherry pick a verse that you think will prove your point...

Choose one of the options above, & we'll go seperate ways.

Sorry, but that qoute about "no violence not related to self defense is flat out incorrect and isn't hard to look up.

Don't keep feigning ignorance please, I really don't want to do it for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Please "do it for me"...

But before you do, make sure you read the whole chapter prior to and proceeding the verse you think will prove your point...

I'd hate to waste my time showing why that's wrong!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Please "do it for me"...

But before you do, make sure you read the whole chapter prior to and proceeding the verse you think will prove your point...

I'd hate to waste my time showing why that's wrong!

I knew it would come to this, your reasoning seems to be that justification of any kind = self defense. If so there is no such thing as a war crime, because they were fighting an enemy who wants to kill them, right? Anyway, here goes..

Quran (8:12) – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Disbelief is not an act of aggression.

Quran (8:39) – “And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah”

“Persecution” does not equal aggression worthy of murder in the name of defense. In any case, Meccans not allowing Muhammad to enter their city to perform a religious act is not "persecution" and is certaintly not a trigger to act in "self defense".

Quran (33:60-62) – “If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter.”

This is making me disgusted, as it only 3 of the hundreds I could cite. I'm willing to keep going of you continue to deny what is plain to see and make ridiculous statements.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You know what, I don't believe you read the entire chapters each of those quotes came from within the space of our posts...

Therefore I'll concede now rather than debate with someone who clearly knows it all already.

People are not killed for mere disbelief... Or shouldn't be at least.
Read my signature!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thanks for pushing me to read chapter 8 again...

Helped to reinforce my position.

It's much more specific than you make it out to be, & I believe that to be because of your source considering you skimmed quite a bit off of 8:39.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Something for brainwashed people to read.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
It give it ten minutes before someone comes on T.V. and says it was a "lone wolf" and "not connected to terrorism" and "this doesn't represent Islam"

an hour and 10 minutes... only an hour off...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You know what, I don't believe you read the entire chapters each of those quotes came from within the space of our posts...

Therefore I'll concede now rather than debate with someone who clearly knows it all already.

People are not killed for mere disbelief... Or shouldn't be at least.
Read my signature!

"Shouldn't be" and "are" are two very different things, and the "are" is happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join