It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pets Forum is Now Open

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
ATS Pets Forum

The delay in opening the Pets forum wasn't so much from a lack of desire, but from some issues with adding new forums to our scary-big database and code base, stemming from some hard-coded things I (stupidly) did back when the entire software was rewritten.

I got that sorted out last week, and now the Pets forum is available!

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Get ready for the avalanche.
Dags! Three lines on the front!
Kittehs! Take the flank!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let's start it off right with a picture or two of Sir Winfred (Fred) my Great Dane...

edit on 2-2-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you! Sorry about Argus!

"Monkey"

lil feller

Both "Monkey" and "lil Feller" are getting up in years but still healthy and active chasing the bunnys that stray into "Wits End"

edit on 3-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Excellent Smithers, One of The Best Ideas yet on ATS, Oh and who is That Man?
Arjunanda a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
nice

my boy joe...for 13 he's looking good,according to the pound i got him from some 12 years ago he is a mastiff/kelpie x

edit on 3-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Don't let her cuteness fool you. This is one of the most vicious beasts ever known to man. She'll take your head off quicker than you can blink.

edit on 3-2-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Fierce!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I love Great Danes.

But, I have Chi's. They fit the store.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hello! My name is Matey.

I don't always appear in pet forums, but when I do ...
I am a Cat.

Nice thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

What a gorgeous dog! I love danes.And thanks for the pet forum.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Thank you S/O for the hours that you put in behind the scene's here to keep the place going and then add to the site at the request of the members who come here .

Even after all the grief the site has lately you are still going forward

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This sets a dangerous precedent. Now ATS knows you can add forums. Jude11 is going to start SOOOOOO many threads!

I'm going to need a forum for toenail and belly button lint collecting, otherwise I'll pretend to boycott!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just this one forum is all I will ever ask for....

Thanks to all who supported it over the last few years. I feel a great sense of accomplishment for some reason but it wasn't just me, it was everyone.

Thanks ATS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Can you move this old thread over there?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What would you think of modifying the scope/name of this forum to Pets and Animals? I can foresee a lot of situations where this would be the most appropriate forum to post topics that aren't exactly pet specific. For instance topics dealing with agricultural animals, such as cattle, and animal rights/humanitarian topics. Also things like peregrine falcons which may be referred to as a pet, a native species, a pest deterrent technique, and a recreational animal. Mushers may not consider their dogs to be pets so much as work animals. Police, military and security dogs for that matter too.

PS - Thanks for this forum! Been looking forward to it and I see it is already very popular.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Nice work, your persistence paid off. Yay, and thanks to the owners. I hope the forum gets into a lot of pet health threads, the care of exotics, the scandal of what exactly is in our pets dog and cat food and which is considered the best and worse food for the animals. I know a woman who loves rabbits and has almost always had one or two to care for, and she says they are more loving and attached to their "owners" than dogs, so threads like the care and feeding of rabbits (etc. mice and such) could be utilized for shared information.

Full disclosure. As a sixth grader I was on my way to a pet fair, didn't have a pet along, so I scooped up a grasshopper along the way and entered that as my pet. I won a blue ribbon for 'Greenest grasshopper'. So I know of whence I speak, regarding pets, believe you in me (especially the greenality of grasshoppers).

edit on 5-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm glad that this finally got up and running. I would love to show and tell too (I have a filly with a story) but I have never figured out how to get a pic into a thread. I'm glad to look at pets though.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Tucker and the thigh bone of our last home invader...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join