It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there really an advanced race living before the ice age?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, was there really an 'advanced' race on the planet before the end of the last ice age? If yes were they Alien or Atlantean? and where did they go?

I want to hear any evidence for and against this question, real evidence, though my mind is already made up and indeed I believe there was. But I could be wrong, I have been in the past and equally I could be missing something that someone else has noticed.
Do you know where any sites are that should be excavated? Any pyramids not found yet?
If you did know where a site was that confirmed this theory, how would you go about getting it out into the public's attention?
How could you ensure a transparent archaeological excavation, where nothing mysteriously goes missing?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Check this News Story
random news story i found awhile back, might help in your search. (was to big to post with pics & vids) a reply to: Judgie

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Your not gunna get a straight answer because no one really knows. Based on my experience if the aliens i saw created us then after society fell people would of been to terrorfied to reintergrate into the system. They can shapeshift into different animals, But the purpose of these animal shapeshifting like rituals held by many civilizations in my theory all stem back to that power humanity wants back.

My theory on this is that humans were made in order to replenish a species that cannot reproduce because they are made of energy and do not have organs. So they have to create a precurser. A species identical or similar to what they looked like before. My best guess is why the references of energy beings in the bible connected with God As well as God himself who is an energy being. In the bible it says spirit instead of Energy. Similar to how heavens is meant to mean space. However the term space was not developed back then. The same as Dinosaurs, They called all dinosaur bones dragon bones.

Anyways, That's my best guess lol. We were attacked because the species that created us colonizes intergalatically. And some other species that is dwelling in the milkyway took notice and tried to wipe us out.
But the species that created us prevented it. And they destroyed many ships. It will and has taken the other species a while to rebuilt their fleets but my belief is that they are back and we should anticipate another attack soon. This is why humanity is having it's technology boosted dramatically and why Nichola Testlas was born in the specific time he was in order to dawn this age we are in today.

I think all the mass abductions going on are the E.T trying to clone us and prob our weaknesses. Like in the movie independance day.

I think the media reveals quite a bit. But again those are all just assumptions. I do know however the shapeshifting creatures have been here for quite some time. And they are distinct because they are phantom like.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akatsuki

Ahh very good I didn't realize people were already looking there I thought it would take much longer. Plato's myth alone is somewhat suggestive of Antarctica being the original Atlantis. It is indeed in the middle of the one true sea putting aside what we consider today as ocean boundaries, which definitions have changed greatly since Plato's time. The many old maps of Antarctica without its ice cover are also kind of indicative to there being something there along with the WW2 era naval operations around there. Its a distinctive possibility only time will tell what comes out of there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akatsuki
Check this News Story
random news story i found awhile back, might help in your search. (was to big to post with pics & vids) a reply to: Judgie

I started a thread on this a while back. here's the link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a few more threads on ancient civilizations around here also but no idea where to find them or what the keywords would be and frankly too tired to hunt them down.
edit on 2/1/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

Atlantis is just a generic name for the antdeluviant super civilization that existed before the Ice-age.

It's not a specific place, It's to mean a type of age. Like today we have skyscrappers and follow a system globally. If this society were to fall to another ice age. The society we live in today would be Atlantis as well.

By such definition anyways lol.

Society globally has been destroyed and reconnected multipul times.

The remains we are seeing are only the remains of the last destruction. Not the first one.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Thank you for your honest answer, I admit I wouldn't have a fathomable clue, tho there are many possibilities of our origins and demise. I do wonder if in time we will find scripts and learn old teachings that tells us how and why etc. And even if we do find these scripts getting an honest interpretation would be difficult etc and can you really just trust it. It is hard to say, but until we start looking we are going to be in the dark ages for a lot longer :-P

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think there was an advanced civilization around before the ice age. One that didn't destroy the environment and build big weapons that could destroy the ability of the world to support life. Maybe the Amish are their descendents.

Well, if they built all the unneeded aircraft peppering the skies spewing pollutants and built the super weapons we do to try to take over the world, they wouldn't be considered advanced.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Just look at all the gods that are half man half animal and youl begin to see through the deception the written words have had over the literal imagery.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Try this.

It's a great thread. Scroll down to an Aryan conspiracy. It only goes back as far as 2500-500 BC.
However go down further. And it talks of finds and possible suggestions of advanced ancient technologies.

It's one of the better threads here on ATS of this subject matter.

If anything, it's still a great read.

The OP is very long. So if you have to. Scroll through it and see the highlights of it. Especially the part on an ancient Nuclear War.
This thread was written back in 2011.
edit on 1-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Here's another little bit added by another poster on the first page of the thread.

edit on 2-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to: AnuTyr

I really like this theory. Interesting thought. Would like to hear more about these ETs you've seen.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What about if you knew where to find proof? How would you make everyone become aware of this, so that it doesn't get swept under the rug?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie
What about if you knew where to find proof? How would you make everyone become aware of this, so that it doesn't get swept under the rug?

That there is a question that honestly dumbfounds me. I don't know. First I'd be afraid that I would be looked down on. Afraid of receiving the look as if I needed restrained and locked up.
I would start with close family and friends, one by one.
Maybe they would help spread the word too.

Perhaps gain ties with Josh Gates ( destination truth. And now EXPEDITION UNKNOWN~ which is way better ).
Don't know what I would do. But I know it would be a slow process..

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have to say probably not measuring this by industrial and technological civilization.

I go along with the scientific, primary source based, archaeological evidence that Mesopotamia is the cradle of civilization. Before the ice age we may have got as far as agriculture, but there is absolutely NO evidence of anything other than the very basic stone age tools.

Simple batteries, yes, post ice age, but not flying ships and astronauts.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Interesting, and safe perspective. I disagree with there being no evidence however, it's just omitted a lot of the time, there is plenty there trust me. It doesn't fit in to the model so we have to ignore it. Probably even purposely which is sad to say. Wealthy people like power and power corrupts. Control energy, control fuel, control money and you control it all, including the published information, the education systems, politics and more. Its not a difficult concept. Its just whether you choose to look at it that way. Isn't it interesting however that publicly the perception of conspiracy theorist are considered mentally ill or loonies? What a better way to discredit a group that contradicts your model of established power, than consolidating it by giving it a label and then creating some increadebly farfetched conspiracies and inserting them into said label. Then you publicly ridicule the whole group by targeting the fabricated ones you inserted. These tactics are also ancient, and effective. Warfare hasn't changed that much since Sun Tzu. But what if we taught people to be aware of that? Anyway I have gone off at a tangent now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Great thread OP! Well, it could be possible since there are millions of years separating the various Ice Ages.

the Huronian, formed around 2.4 to 2.1 Ga (billion years) ago during the early Proterozoic Eon

850 to 630 million years ago (the Cryogenian period) and may have produced a Snowball Earth in which glacial ice sheets reached the equator

The Andean-Saharan occurred from 460 to 420 million years ago, during the Late Ordovician and the Silurian period.

Karoo Ice Age. There were extensive polar ice caps at intervals from 360 to 260 million years ago in South Africa during the Carboniferous and early Permian Periods.

the Pliocene-Quaternary glaciation, started about 2.58 million years ago during the late Pliocene, when the spread of ice sheets in the Northern Hemisphere began.

However homo sapiens are 200,000 years old, and we know what life was on Earth during all of the periods. Our ancient human ancestors go back to 7 million years ago. You can argue that an advanced civilization has occurred with every member of the hominid lineage. However we have never found evidence of this, and I'm not sure if it is possible for this evidence to not be discovered.

Maybe a bi-pedal reptilian race ruled the planet during the Mesozoic period. However this period is when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, and no, we've never found the fossils of Bi-Pedal creatures. Dinosaurs also had extremely small brains.

Before that you have the Paleozoic period, and this is when life moved from water to land and the planet experienced the hugest surge of life ever. Could an advanced race have developed at this time? This period ended with the largest extinction level event ever, and it took millions of years for life to evolve again on Earth during the Mesozoic period.

The only thing I can think of is that if there was a Bi-Pedal reptilian race during the Mesozoic period then maybe they were isolated from the dinosaurs. The continents were not in their current position during the Mesozoic period. Maybe the bi-pedal race fossils are deep in the ocean after the land broke apart and formed the continents. This is maybe why we have not discovered a bi-pedal specie's fossils.

Sorry to bring up reptilians....Anyway back on topic, we would have to make a discovery to rewrite history because the history books say otherwise.

Link - Wiki Ice Age

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
We think homo-sapiens are 200,000 years old. Lack of evidence of them being older doesn't mean that in the future we wont find evidence. Anyway that is a trivial detail. In 1903 the Wright brothers created the first airplane, it was essentially a powered kite and very primitive. By 1969 (less than 70 years later) we had space technology. If we have been around for 200,000 years who knows how many times we could have developed in that time and also how little evidence especially of the more remote periods there would be left. How long does it take for iron to corrode? how long do bones last before they decay? How quickly does it take Loess or wind blown silt bury structures?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Well the i saw 3 forms, the beings are facless tho. I imagine they could make glowing eyes if they wanted to but they are blind.

They see with their mind, but they don't really have a physical body persay, their body is just a mass of animated particles.
Their crafts operate by magnets drawing power from an energy source to spin 2 discs ontop of eachother rotating in opposite directions.

Their saucers look and sound kinda weird but they also look ancient. Like the craft has some scar from battle lol. It also has carvings and indented lines in the metal kinda like etch and sketch the lines didn't circle. The patern was very similar to the patern seen in the atlantis the cartoon ending with tthe giants that create the bubble around the city.

The atlanteans in that movie have these paterns that are very similar its kind aweird lol.

That patterns were glowing a faint white and there were black domes on the bottom with its own lines and creases, The domes gave off faint light but were jutting out a black vapour that was disappating. Kinda like chronicals of riddick with the necromonger drop ships.

That that black smoke jutting from it like vapour. The creatures themselves can assume many forms from what i can tell but the 3 forms i saw with my friend were a long black cat with a thick long black tail, a black worglike wolf. and a light skinned named humanlike shape that had no face or ears and from the distance i saw it at didn't look like it had any junk between its legs either. The creatures can seemlessly change between either, can move at unatural speeds. Speeds so fast they appear to be teleporting. They can break down their physical state into energy and rapidly reform into a solid state seemlessly without effort.

Often they will be mistaken for demons or supernatural creatures from other existances creeping in, but they are just made of animated matter. From my guess it somthing like black matter or energy. Or some other exotic material. Im better on black energy tho. As their ships also have the ability to teleport. I guess they can Open up a wormhole without the need of technology by covering themselves in it then hopping through *space Time* At speeds faster than light. Kinda like Nightwalker from xmen.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Woah that's some intense stuff there, I have heard similar theories though based off of '___' trips. Interesting also out silohette of a ghost or alien are of similar form and the big hollow eyes etc. What if they are one in the same?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie
I want to hear any evidence for and against this question, real evidence

There may well have been isolated pockets of humans that had made advancements beyond what is currently accepted. I don't think any self-respectinf archaeologistor anthropologist would deny that. However, we do not have sufficient evidence to definitively say one way or the other at this point, and "advanced" is a relative term.

There is zero evidence, however, of any sort of alien visitation/intervention or of any Atlantis type civilization ever existing. Considering the fact that everything we as humans do leaves evidence behind of our existence, it's quite safe to say that such things are nothing more than mere fantasy. If any such groups had existed, we would know about it. Period.

You will find an endless of number of people, both in these forums and elsewhere, who will scream up and down about coverups and X and Y being "proof" of their ridiculous beliefs, but if you do some independent research you will find that not one piece of said "evidence" holds up under scrutiny. Most of those making such claims do so out of sheer (sometimes willful) ignorance, but there are many who still push such nonsense, knowing it tk be false, in an attempt to further their own personal agenda or to sell books.

The best thing you could do would be to educate yourself on the matter. Read some books (Sitchin et all doesn't count), go to the museums and speak with the scientists and curators there. Go to your local universities and speak with the professors, perhaps ask to sit in on a lecture or two. Most will be rather accommodating.

If you do things like that, you'll soon come to realize that tripe about aliens, and Atlantis, and great ancient technological societies make for excellent stories, but nothing more...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join