It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there really an advanced race living before the ice age?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All are invited to to a thread I made which is about some of the technology the ancients may have had, please ignore any trolls that may frequent the thread.

So the thread is looking into how the pyramids could have been global power generators putting out free energy similar to the "Tesla Tower" idea of providing free energy to a large area like a land mass or globally as there were pyramids around the world. Most are said to be burried and many have been found with ground penetrating radar.

I created the thread mainly to discuss uses for free energy, for example if the ancients had all the energy they needed to do anything what were some interesting uses thay may have come up with.

Could they have found a way to tap into reality itself and program the matrix/reality of the earth?

Could they have empowered humans and other forms of life with this energy giving rise to countless psychic and supernatural powers spoken of in legends around the world?

If you had access to near infinate power what would you want to do with it?

edit on 2-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
So now you're spamming this thread with plugs for your thread, whose premise has been shown repeatedly to be false....And you accuse me off being off-topic...
But please, by all means, attract all the attention that you want to that thread, so that others can tell you what several of us already have....Maybe it'll sink in..

edit on 2/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If you look back 2000 years, the Roman empire and other island civilisations had under-floor central heating and hot water (from natural springs). The ancient Egyptians knew how to manage epilepsy using electric eels, how to do dentistry using gold thread to stabilize loose teeth. They had medicine bottles designed to keep children away, and used fermented beer to create an antibiotic known as tetracycline.

If you look at ancient Turkey, there are these underground cities that are several thousand years old. I wonder if they were trade routes used by merchants.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

Yes, the guys back then have been pretty good at handling stones.

So what is your point exactly?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

The smartest animals on this world are scavengers. They eat food that has been aged. The aging process of foods in the diet increases the ability of animals to make memories. If the major preditors that ate fresh meat would have advanced, we would be extinct.

We would not need big armies or nuclear weapons if there was no greed or desire for power by a few. We have been conditioned by the ones running things that we could not survive without these armies. If we got rid of the ones who wanted to have war and control everyone, we would be much better off as long as we managed our populations.

I know that this is what we have, and we have to live with it or die. But trying to justify this as an advanced trend is not even rational. Just because things are what they are does not mean it is right. I doubt if this will ever change because many of us have been conditioned to believe there is no other way than war.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Plate tectonics obliterate everything given enough time, so its a moot point about previous civilisations, plus as other posters have stated, volcanoes do a good, look at the ash covered cities in Italy, as for the Wright brothers, a farmer in New-Zealand beat them too it, the Smithsonian institute only got their aircraft if they captioned it as being the first, nice bit of blackmail by the Wright brothers!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
If you look back 2000 years, the Roman empire and other island civilisations had under-floor central heating and hot water (from natural springs). The ancient Egyptians knew how to manage epilepsy using electric eels, how to do dentistry using gold thread to stabilize loose teeth. They had medicine bottles designed to keep children away, and used fermented beer to create an antibiotic known as tetracycline.

If you look at ancient Turkey, there are these underground cities that are several thousand years old. I wonder if they were trade routes used by merchants.

Some great examples lad, I'd say they were more 'advanced' if you will.

I remember researching some of the first civilisations in Mesopotamia, such as the Indus Valley Civilisation had running water with taps and showers. The Hittites had an intricate plumbing system where they could just replace ceramic pipes when needed. I can't really see how us as modern day man is really any more superior to these fellas

Even the Greeks with their cog system and automatic doors is pretty damn impressive.

As for a truly advanced civilisation which could fly, pics or it didn't happen

Also Rickys post is bang on!
edit on 2-2-2015 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Even if Atlantis was a powerful empire at one time it would still not put them before the last Ice age, Plato's story was told about an account Solon heard from some Egyptian priests about 170 years before Plato wrote the two account.
And what Solon was told was passed down through some generations while the Egyptians were still around, so most likely 5-6 thousands years ago.

But where the story kind of falls apart is that the Athenians defeated the Atlantians once before, which puts the Greeks right in there for age, yet no record of this has ever been found outside Plato's story, not in Egypt, not in ancient Greece archaeological sites, just Plato.
It's most likely a story mixed with romantics and victory glorifying the Athenians, such was a lot of their literature was.

As for my thoughts on an advanced civilization, the most advanced you'd probably get was in the Indus valley or just west of there, they are finding older and older settlements pushing dates older than 7000 years old, there were still mammoth roaming some isolated pockets around that time! That's pretty old, and only maybe 3000 years shy of the last ice age.

www.pantheon.org...
edit on 2-2-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
You do know that if you enter Ancient Aliens into any serious debate of history/anthropology, you forfeit, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

YouTube...start watching...you are years behind on the issue.

Oh..and YES. Both. Atlantean and Alien...and many others way way way before that.

Get busy n start watching!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't think I am years behind, tho there is still much to learn and the more I learn the more questions I get, its an infinite cycle which is great because my natural gift is my mind, i like thinking about things.. The real issue is making sure everyone, the people, are systematically aware of how many similarities there are, this simply should not be ignored any further. Once everyone catches up we as a society will expand beyond our invisible bars.

1. Megalithic construction and precision tooling of stones
2. Astronomical alignment right down to the minute detail.
3. Understanding of planets outside of the naked eye (without a telescope?)
4. Advanced plumbing and irrigation systems found in 'some' sites
5. More advanced stone work below later more inferior stone work.
6. Understanding of maths before we attribute it to them and in regions where it appears to spontaneously develop in isolation
7. Trepanning
8. Skull elongation
9. well developed ancient sites or cities, which appear to be purpose built without any evidence of developing to this level. They just appear in full splendor.
10. Mythologies in every culture of a flood.
11. The appearance of indeed a world wide archaeological cover up.
12. Similarities in ancient mythology of creation, technologies and giants of cultures again in isolation
13. Oddities in languages written that cannot be explained, like Rongorongo script and Indus valley script being very similar though it defies completely our current model
14. The most obvious is the architectural similarities, stone circles are common around the globe as are pyramids. Compare the pyramids of Bali to those in Mexico and see even how the designs are similar at completely different time periods seperated by the vastness of the Pacific.
15. Our inability to date stone work.
16. The oddity of statues showing races of people that shouldnt be there or skeletal remains of giants or white fair skinned people etc.
17. Mummification
18. The most impressive evidence, the ability to shape stone in ways we do not even have theorietical models of being able to do. Monolithic boxes, perfect three planar corners, drill holes you can see rifling in. But again, in pre-historic times.

If you don't want to believe me, I listed these similarities, you can spend some time looking at each of these points and finding out for yourself where they are are where they are not. I think it will get hard to deny.

If anyone actually looks over this list above, could you add to it? help me mold this list?

I am aware I am metaphorically playing with fire right now, to which I make no apologies.
It is all just a giant chess game

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie
If you don't want to believe me, I listed these similarities, you can spend some time looking at each of these points and finding out for yourself where they are are where they are not. I think it will get hard to deny.
Couple of things...congratulations on taking a look at the bigger picture. I would suggest, though, that if you are seriously challenging the status quo, it is incumbent upon you to cite the sources you are using to forward your submission. That doesn't mean handing me a copy of Cremo, or a TV listing for Ancient Aliens. It requires you to show me the facts that you wish me to weigh and consider, and perhaps re-think. The fringes are great fun, and that is...to me...where the most excitement lies. But claims need to be supportable.

I went from Von Daeniken, to getting an archaeological licence. Of more significance, Mark Lehner went to Giza inspired by the teachings of Edgar Cayce, but is now a leading Egyptologist...a science guy. Bottom line is that there is a lot of poop out there, masquerading as 'truth', but it's up to you to figure it out...not up to me to debunk it. Lot's of folks on this site will offer to steer you in the right direction, though.

And if you manage to change the existing paradigm through your research, allow me to be the first to offer you a pint!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thanks, I will in good time, citing and weighing all this up is a very lengthy process it actually would take a book or multiple to get the message across. A process that is well under way.
This is why, I chose not to cite and just highlighted points, for which other researchers can expand on or adopt and change. Some might be looking well beyond these points, some might be looking somewhere else.
My theories are really just an expansion of Graham Hancock's to which I owe him greatly. But it is not his work alone I have looked over theories from many sources and my own specialty lies in the Oceanic region. If anyone here has a sense of adventure and a passion for looking and the means to do it, this region is so riddled with mysteries and so under studied.
Tumuli on New Caledonia
Cities in Micronesia (Nan Madol)
Easter Island mystery
Rapa Iti mounds/pyramids
Trillithons in Tonga
Pyramid like structures called "marae" on many other islands however they only seem to be foundations nowadays.
This region is a treasure trove of discoveries and adventure for anyone willing to do it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What about possible antediluvian Mediterranean cities?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Those things, are amazing, the more I look now the more I see, India has monolithic temples, actually carved out of a single rock I mean WTF, the Minoan underground chambers are also just carved into rock. Blows my mind that we don't even recognize how difficult this construction is. They certainly didn't hit it with stone tools or copper chisels to make these amazing levels of architecture.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ed Leedskalnin used ropes,pulleys and old truck parts to build the Coral Castle.He used old radio parts to try to fool lesser educated people into thinking he had harnassed some sort of fantastic new power source.If he had been the next Tesla,why did he die pennyless without exploiting his fantastic knowledge,and his main income came from cooking hot dog sausages in a Model T Ford axle casing?

An advanced race before the last ice age? As there is not one single bit of evidence I've ever heard about,I very much doubt it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

originally posted by: Akatsuki
Check this News Story
random news story i found awhile back, might help in your search. (was to big to post with pics & vids) a reply to: Judgie

I started a thread on this a while back. here's the link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a few more threads on ancient civilizations around here also but no idea where to find them or what the keywords would be and frankly too tired to hunt them down.

I bypass the search function entirely and run a site-specific Google search.
You type the search terms in followed by "site:whatever the site is you want to search."
Like this:
ancient unknown civilizations site:abovetopsecret.com
Here's the returns: link to the google search returns

To the OP:
No, Plato's two Dialogues that mention Atlantis utterly preclude Antarctica. And no, there exist no ancient maps of an ice-free Antarctica. And no, coastlines haven't changed noticeably since Plato's day.

Harte
edit on 2/2/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The smartest animals are not scavengers lol.

A carp is not smart. It's defenantly a scavenger. Slugs are scavengers, But many predators are mistaken for scavengers.

Predators can and often do *Scavenge* off corpses. There is an inconsistancy in such a theory. To me, Scavengers are beings that only scavenge from the dead and nothing else. Because the moment they hunt, they are predators.

Seagulls are predators not scavengers. They sit and wait for prey, or scraps. Which ever is easier, Why? Because they are smart and predators are smart. Gulls will swarm an injured animal too. You know? It's not so much they are scavenging but they do delight in killing live prey. Same as crows, Who are also said to be scavengers. But crows are carnivorous ombivours. A predator. That WILL kill other birds and Eat them. It is well documented. They will also follow weak dying animals around that are much larger similar to to how vultures act and will actively hunt the animal until it is to weak to fight back.

Many bugs are scavengers and also many bugs are predators as well. But only the predator buts are the most intelligent. Dragon flies are extremely intelligent and are pure predators. One of the smartest insects in the insect kingdom.
Seals themselves are also predators, They actively seek and hunt fish and other sources of meat like clams. Seals and otters are very intelligent predators.

Predators literally are the smartest animals on the planet because they have develop strategies on how to obtain prey, and actively seek it out or kill, or use intimidation to scare away lesser predators that are attempting to scavenge.

Ants are predators as well, they actively seek out food. They are warriors, they cover their ground and destroy anything forign to ants instantly. They will seek out and clense the ground of other critters. Having ants in your guarden is like having an army stationed ready to destroy any incoming threats. They will destroy aphids, they will devour catapillars, they will literally eat anything they can get their jaws on. And the queen controlls it all buy recieving and sending chemical signals. An ant colony works like a single body. Like how our body sends chemical impulses in order for our body to function and allow transportation of nutrients. The same works for ants as the ants physically carry the scents.

If you kill an ant, it gives off a smell that warns nearby ants that one has been killed. This is why ants will find a dead member relitively quickly and carry it back to the nest to be recycled for the brooding eggs.

In space, All we would confront is predators. War is natural to us as it is to dominate terrritory for animals.

Break free from the contrains of the fear love hippy bull#.
Because as predators. We need to understand that we as predators are a pack. and our pack mentality should dominate over our violence which makes us kill each other. We should understand and embrance our need to murder the crap out of everything we see. it's a beautiful thing. We can choose to cause extinction or choose to govern over and lord over life.

Let's do it right because are cultivators of our land. Aliens are not holding down our technology, It's just greed.
There is no plot to hold back humanities technology. Quite the opposite. We are infact being boosted. Not hindered. The only thing hindering us is the Elite and their struggle to oppress the people. Well at the same time, Keep collecting the technology they get from the traitorous Grey aliens that have an abduction breeding program. Greys are physical beings with eyes btw. And are in no way related to the E.T i encountered which is non-physical.

Never trust physical beings, Physical beings can bleed. Therefore they can die. And if they can die, Then we would be a threat to them. So why are they helping the government to help themselves?

edit on pm2u2815Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:03:20 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
The pyramids cannot be built with modern tech even...explain how a bronze age civilization did this.

Well, first you have to lie and say modern people couldn't build the Great Pyramid, then you go on from there to completely expose your ignorance, and then you make up an explanation for the Bronze Agers that will sell some books.

That's how it gets explained to people too lazy to read about exactly what it is that we do know but are happy to incessantly spout off about what they don't know.

originally posted by: infinityorderHow about in south america where they custom cut diarite(did I spell that right?)

No matter, since Diorite was not used at the site (Tiahuanaco) you have in mind.

originally posted by: infinityorderThat bronze aged cultures could not have done period,

Diorite was being carved and polished in to beatiful bowls and vases (etc.) in Africa well over 3,000 years before Pumapunku was built.

originally posted by: [post=18952528]and add in the fact they were built with Lego like precision, so they could be stacked together.

Only a few such stones exist, and they all show evidence of being worked with pounding stones. You believe aliens with lasers would use pounding stones?

Again, it's what you don't know here. Don't assume that everyone here is as ignorant.

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You guys (trolls) have not proposed any evidence at all to the contrary, all you are trying to achieve is ridicule which is a shame, because at the end of the day you are educated people I at least hope, made of flesh and blood like the rest of us, with families and loved ones that could enjoy to no end the splendors that will systematically be exposed in time. And they will be exposed in time.

How did they date this diorite? oh wait they do not have the most fathomable clue, they just think because they found it near some site with skeletal remains present it must have been them. If I owned the Mona Lisa, doesn't mean I painted it, I hope this analogy doesn't go too far over your head. You try to talk of what is possible without even having the slightest education in construction or engineering. I have that, I know we cannot, not unless we spent many years even shaping a singular block in a wall. Laser beams? No, all matter is made up of energy at a sub atomic level, what creates energy? well this is simple it is waves, sound, resonances. We can use sound frequencies to cut, in fact the whole system of sacred geometry is based off of resonance patterns. Unfortunately we choose not to even explore this technology. Why oh wait I have already addressed this issue. Money.
Ed Leedskalnin used a chain and pully? Hrmmm... The level of understanding of even high school physics dumb founds me with some people. Its ok, if you choose to accept that that is fine, but in my world, where I chose to be progressive we will look for solutions to simple problems instead of sticking to old dogmas which are primitive and outdated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join