It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones Will Be Everywhere Watching, Listening, and…Planting Millions of Trees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
"And then there’s BioCarbon Engineering. The team wants to use drones to map severely deforested areas—then send them along a programmed flight path using an onboard seed cannon to fire nutrient-rich seed pods into the soil.

Their goal? Autonomously plant a billion trees a year by drone."

I would think one could use these for farming and crop spraying as well.

link
edit on 30-1-2015 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ten years later:

Ehehehe.
All kidding aside, this could actually be a good idea, drones don't have to be used only to bomb newlywed coup-i mean terrorists!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

Sounds really lazy if anything.

Some years ago it was done as an experiment, where seed "bombs" were dropped from a plane, it was not a success as most seed didn't grow, even though they were packed in a nutrient rich soil packets.

Here is a visualization of the drone idea, just done with airplanes, pretty much the same concept, it's from 2008.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think I'm going to make myself a EMP node when those drones are going to be at a large scale into our lives .
placing a large button on the wall and when those things spying on me I push that button and, WHOOSH!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I think I'm going to make myself a EMP node when those drones are going to be at a large scale into our lives .
placing a large button on the wall and when those things spying on me I push that button and, WHOOSH!

A WHOOSH? Or would it do that other thing...

...or pull a MJ?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I hope they plant native trees and not some non-native commercial variety just so they can turn around and sell it off to the Chinese or someone.

As far as drone disruption goes, I would think a scanner would reveal the operational frequency of the drone allowing you to jam it with a cheap transmitter. Hopefully it would look like some random interference and probably not cause you any trouble when they come to retrieve the downed drones.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That's just going to create mass climate change .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

What if the plan goes out of control? What if someone hacks into the drones?

Would we have a rogue army of drones planting trees everywhere?

I think it's a good idea; I just hope the plan works.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

The climate always changes, mate.

Besides, we would simply be repairing the damage we've done to the forests. The climate was just fine as it was before the Amazon forest got chopped down. I doubt brigning trees back to where we cutted them will destroy the climate. It's our responsibility to rectify our mistakes.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
some areas could be used to grow trees

but each plot/acre/landscape is unique as to what vegetation would be appropriate to that topography, water distribution etcetra...just a long laundry list of variables to list here

I think the idea is just a scheme to get a government grant or program the author could be project manager of... dreamers of a easy life of not exerting oneself to the point of sweating~~~
with a BS rationalization of 'Helping humanity & the Earth'

garbage-in....garbage-out

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thought u might of picked up on the sarcasm,

edit on 30-1-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

I had something more expensive in mind..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
China is planning to plant 100 billion trees by 2050, worth studying how they plan on doing that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

but each plot/acre/landscape is unique as to what vegetation would be appropriate to that topography, water distribution etcetra...just a long laundry list of variables to list here

Quite true. This area of Michigan was once tallgrass prairies, then the settlers farmed them and started a dust bowl. In the 1930's the CCC planted red pine plantations that are basically a desert compared to the areas that have come back naturally. It will never be the same as it was when Michigan was known for its population of greater prairie chickens that finally disappeared in the early eighty's. I hard lesson to learn, if they really learned that is.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

I had something more expensive in mind..

This has to be against some type of international laws...

Obama creates 'False Flag Attack' on The White House to create monopoly in...

Friend: Drone crasher wants to apologize to Obama family
www.cnn.com...

This is the drone that crashed on the White House lawn 02:00
Washington (CNN)The owner of a small drone that crashed at the White House says his friend, the embarrassed operator who experienced the snafu, wants to apologize to President Barack Obama and the First Family.

Still unnamed by authorities, the flyer of the DJI Phantom quadcopter, who is also a U.S. intelligence agency employee, is declining comment. The drone's owner only spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for himself and his friend, the drone's operator.

RELATED: Drone maker says it's 'highly unlikely' White House drone malfunctioned

The drone owner, who let his friend borrow the quadcopter, was not at his friend's Washington, D.C. apartment when the incident occurred. But he offered a recap of the incident in an interview with CNN. This is a condensed version of that conversation:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

...what if....

You just get bigger drones.

...and always remember that ɐɯɹɐʞ sᴉ ɐ ɥɔʇᴉq

And please define 'hack'. I've been trying to figure out this hacking trend since at least July (rolling eyes)...

#stuxnet
#anonymous
#lizardsquad
#lizardmafia

edit on 2/3/2015 by TerrorAlertRed because: (must be filled out)

new topics

top topics

join