It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchip implants replace security passes in Sweden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

A new office block in Sweden is offering workers the chance to have a microchip implanted under their skin to allow them to access to various services within the building.

Have you ever lost or left your work pass at home? Well, the Swedes have a solution. Get microchipped.

A new office block in Sweden is offering workers the chance to have a microchip implanted under their skin to allow them to access to various services within the building.

A tiny gadget the size of a grain of rice is implanted in employees hands.

It then allows them to open doors, or use the printer, without a traditional pass card.

The microchip implants are optional.

Microchip implants replace security passes in Sweden

Do you think this is a massive leap in technological advancement and capabilities for humanity, or a dangerous path that further blurs the lines between separation of humans and artificial intelligence?

I wonder how long until this becomes mainstream, expected...compulsory?

Personally, I can see both major positives and certain negatives with the implementation of this concept.

What does the rest of ATS think about this topic?

Edit: Changed link from News.com.au (this site often has problems with that address) to SBS link.

edit on 30/1/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, you gotta start testing it somewhere, perfect location(Scandinavia) and relatively innocent at an office.
Words will spread, more offices will participate, then upgrade of chip to have more functions and voila

before we know it, it's hip to have a chip
...Hmm future domain name

edit on 30-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Can I have it implanted in my forehead or just my hand?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Skin Deep

Implants are problematic for a number of reasons, not least of which is the need to perform a surgical operation which, however simple, can still lead to complications such as infection or allergic reactions. Plus subdermal implants can potentially be damaged, shift or otherwise cause problems even if the implantation procedure goes perfectly.

I don't think it's a massive leap, because better systems are already in use: biometrics.

Biometrics don't require surgery or distribution of any sort of devices, new users can be added at any time by simply scanning them in, and security systems based on biometrics cannot be bypassed by simply stealing an implant from someone.

You can already buy household door locks that read thumb prints, and there's a wide range of biometric products already on the commercial market.

Implants may have value in some applications, but for situations like this office block in Sweden -- and almost all situations, really -- I think implants are already obsolete.

edit on 1/30/2015 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.
Call me paranoid (i'm on ATS, what else could i be?) but i give no quarter to stuff like this.
That's how mass control always starts:

"we need to protect our children!"
"It's just a little something to make our lives easier!"

10 years later people get zapped in the head for missing bank payments or driving over the speed limit.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What's to stop nefarious use then? Who guarantees that the chip is nothing more than an office pass card?
Trackers? Tranquilliser? Just don't forget your pass card,surely it's not too much to expect the company to carry spare pass cards for such an oversight?
Damn Guinea pigs signing their freedoms away.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Can I have it implanted in my forehead or just my hand?

you may have one of each

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Mark of the beast baby .........come on home king jesus

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So, out of curiosity, am I to assume by the majority of responses in this thred that something as innocent as implantable technology is the harbinger of the NWO and the Anti-Christ?

Really?

Does that mean that if you, or someone close to you, had the opportunity to have a chip implanted to allow them to see or hear then you would be against that for similar reasons?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I think this is a great idea, although to be honest I would not be in the queue!

On the plus side, there's the convenience. On the minus side there's the question on where the CTRL/ALT/DEL button is for when it's not working.

Regards

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Well that's not that new. oyster implant-BBC-2014.Feb
I can't see what is wrong with it, totally would love to get one at birth and then never again have to show my passport, or need to carry any cards anymore, anywhere: just scan me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I've cloned YOUR chip
I am stealiing and murdering and all kinds of other unlawfull acts
AND IT'S ALL IN YOUR NAME!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why not just use NFC compatible phones?, seems like the more logical solution that invasive procedures.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is FANTASTIC!

Sweden is leading the way! Good job Sweden. Hopefully the rest of the world catches up with them.

With chip technology, the sky is the limit. I foresee a massive reduction in crime. It would also simplify financial transactions. I also think it could help in eliminating the rabid terrorists who are ready to kill people simply for wanting freedom. This is exactly what the world needs in this perilous age.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

I completely agree with you. Submitting our minds, bodies and souls to the will of the elite is the only way to be safe in this dangerous world of ours.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

??

What elites are you talking about? What exactly is wrong with the democratically elected government of Sweden making use of technology to protect its citizens?

No its not submitting our minds, bodies and souls to anybody. It would mean the Swedes, a progressive people, are cooperating with their leaders, for their own safety.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

I thought you were being sarcastic. I am disturbed you are not. I certainly was.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm going to really hate it when schools start to implement these chips and force them on students.

I'll be pulling my child (if I ever have one) out of school if I haven't already, by that time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it. The implications are clear .The only reason I can see that requires a human to be chipped, is because they are a barcoded, which means that they are someone's property.

The implications of this are becoming clear, this has been in the pipeline for a decade or two since the FDA. approved it back in about 94'. Soon it will be offenders that will be chipped because their will be to many "Offenders" to hold in prisons. Soon we will all be offenders.

We are seeing something else transpiring, here, its taken them a while to manipulate society to the point where micro chipping , seems normal. But first to have a slave, the slave must have a slave mentality. Follow the orders given without question etc. So the dumbing down makes sense. Its ironic that this has happened in Sweden where a lot of Nazi wealth ended up after the war.
edit on 30-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Swedes are so naive they'll probably line up for it and not even consider the possibility of abuse.

Sure, intelligence agencies currently will probably not have access to the data these types of chips would produce but you can bet your sweet ass they'll get access to it in no time.

And folks used to ridicule us and call us crazy for even suggesting that part of the end game is a microchipped population.
Now it's before us and the people will swallow their pride and take their chips.. they were fine with it in the first place anyway. Natural progression they'll say.

Ha! I laugh at your folly now humanity. This turn of events is poetic justice in a sense. Humanity has ignored the warnings and has made its bed, it will now have to sleep in it. Take the chip now sheep, swallow any pretensions of being a sovereign individual, you are nothing but cattle now, an economic unit, a living natural resource made out of flesh and blood.

You have lost.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join