It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldiers on LSD experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen: the man climbing the tree. I wouldn't be too afraid of fighting a soldier on '___', but yaba no way. Yaba (yar bah) was manufactured by the Nazis to help keep their soldiers awake for days. The main ingredients in yaba are salt, household cleaning products, cold medicines, lithium from car batteries and castoff from heroin production. Coming down from the drug usually creates suicidal urges, depression and rage in the user.

Rage, and suicidal urges, thats what every commander wants in his soldiers, lol, honestly, I think performance enhancing drugs are great as long as there are fewer long term effects.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What the heck is going on!!! Somthing is wrong with the Govern!

Chemical warfare: Inside Britain's toxic house of horrors

Chemical Warfar Discussion

Are we paying taxes for this?

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ive tripped before , but not in the wild like that, and i definately knew what was going on when i felt it start to come on. i would think that it would really freak me out, if i had no idea what the hell was happening to me. '___' is for sure something that you have to prepare your self for,. otherwise, it can be scarry and no fun. i really dont think that letting the soldiers keep their guns during this exercise was a good idea either. i think that it would be a great idea to give the soldiers that were are fighting hallucinegenic drugs. thats an awesome idea.
good thread

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A interesting plot with '___' I remember is the CIA wanted to put '___' in one of Castro's cigars because he always smoked them before speeches. They were hoping he would start to wig out in the middle of his speech or something.

God, I love the CIA. The things they dream up. Why are they so obsessed with castro's cigars?

Maybe that also explains Bill Clintons fascination with a nice big fat Cuban.......

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
French issued plenty of amphetamine to the troops in Dien Bien Phu, especially to the Legionaires.

Germans gave Finnish army some "vitamine" pills, named Pervitine, that allowed a man to run for two days even though before the pill they could barely walk. Most likely Pervitine was an Amphetamine based product.

Wermacht allso used opium to calm down certains troops before combat (tank gunners etc.)

Khat is a very bad drug to use in combat, i reduces the ability to think logical and it reduce eye-to-hand cordination (bad for shooting accuracy)

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
French issued plenty of amphetamine to the troops in Dien Bien Phu, especially to the Legionaires.

Germans gave Finnish army some "vitamine" pills, named Pervitine, that allowed a man to run for two days even though before the pill they could barely walk. Most likely Pervitine was an Amphetamine based product.

Wermacht allso used opium to calm down certains troops before combat (tank gunners etc.)

Khat is a very bad drug to use in combat, i reduces the ability to think logical and it reduce eye-to-hand cordination (bad for shooting accuracy)

I didn't know that, well I suppose you learn something new everday.

However I did know about USAF pilots using ametamine.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
This time the water was spiked with 200 microgrammes of water.

OH NOES!! The monsters

But i did know about pilots being given amphetamines. I heard about it on the T.V the pilot bombed some British soldiers in the middle east while he was on them, apparently he hadn't slept for 2 days.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Most common group of soldiers usually given/taking Amfetamine/Efedrin have been the doctors operating patients in field hospitals. In Finland during the Tali-Ihantala battle '44 some doctors operated in surgery for 40 hours straight, and you just can't do it without uppers.

Same thing happen at the Dien Bien Phu...

Ps, OT Fighter Master, if you wan't a good account on DBP and the french operations in Indochina/Vietnam read a book by Harry Lehtonen: "Valmis Tuskaan Ja Kuolemaan" He was there with the Legion/Colonial Paras (it's about 50% personal account, 50% battle description from the military reports)

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I was in the British Armed forces. We used to be given Speed (anthetamine *spelling*) when we was on 24 hour patrols, we used to go to the med centre and a medical officer would issue us a paper bag with pills in. We called em 'lucky bags'.

We never took em tho, we used to pop a couple of packets of Proplus, then take the speed with us when we went clubbing instead.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Anti Chris

Originally posted by zero lift
This time the water was spiked with 200 microgrammes of water.

OH NOES!! The monsters

Ooops

To be fair, it was Porton Water

zero lift

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
lsd old news the sas have been training their troops on lsd for decades helps you do things by numbers. if you want to trip every time you take lsd you have to take more of the drug,as with most drugs,the sas take lsd with them when they go on patrol.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by read between the lines
lsd old news the sas have been training their troops on lsd for decades helps you do things by numbers. if you want to trip every time you take lsd you have to take more of the drug,as with most drugs,the sas take lsd with them when they go on patrol.

The SAS always take acid with them when they go on patrol!

Is it April already?

zero lift

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
this was a really old thread i found on the search function and the links in it no longer work but here is the video again with a working link -

Crazy stuff i know, the guy feeding the birds is legend though really.

And here is a quick one for the US Military too ...

edit on 19-4-2011 by johngtr because: add video

edit on 19-4-2011 by johngtr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I seem to remember that back in Gulf War one, when an A-10 (?) pilot shot up a British armoured vehicle in a friendly fire incident, the British coroner in his report on the deaths stated that the pilot had flown 110 hours of combat missions in the previous 168 hours (7 days) and had been allowed to self-medicate with amphetamines.
Also in a show with Ray Mears, he was describing the survival of a crashed aircrew in the African Desert, how one man went for help, taking all the amphetamines and half the water, then walking across 50 miles of desert to fetch help.

I guess as long as we've known about drugs we've tried to combine them with our second favourite past-time - killing each other. Wasn't MDMA first synthesized by German chemists and issued to troops to help them stay awake in WWI?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join