It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldiers on LSD experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I found a interesting video on the effects of '___' on British soldiers. Im not sure if this is the right forum but it was a military test so I thought it might belong here. Its old footage but the effect is still relevant today I would think. I love when the guy tries to climb the tree
to feed the birds.

www.m90.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Do you belive that armies are using drugs to reduce fear and make the soldiers better? I remember I heard that alot of the soldiers in the vietnamn war used drugs but I don't know if it was to make them better fighters or just to endure the situation...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Did you see the movie Jacobs Leader??? It is fiction, but the idea behind the movie is scarry.
I believe there are many coverups connected to drugs used in Army...It would be very interesting to hear an opinion from ATS army guys

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I know they used drugs to keep you alert like benzedrine (amphetamine) It also is a appetite suppressant two things that can be handy for troops that have not had sleep or food in a few days.

It has also be prescribed by doctors as an antidepressant, to induce euphoria so it might reduce fear though Im not sure.

I also have heard of wide spread drug use in Vietnam things with pot and opium which were taken illegally by soldiers because it was so easy to get there. I think this was done more to help them endure the horrible events they had to live through.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
Did you see the movie Jacobs Leader??? It is fiction, but the idea behind the movie is scarry.

I always thought that he never left vietnam and that the crazy visions, the meetings with his "angel" chiropractor, his girlfriend etc were all part of the process of his death. the movie ends with Tim Robbins being led "upstairs" by his dead son and then the doctor says "there's nothing more we can do. he put up a hell of a fight" and then you see them cover his body and he's on a stretcher in a tent in Vietnam. Basically he comes close to dying on the table and has insane visions. he fights off death and his angel chiropractor rescues him or he narrowly escapes the clutches of the strange beings out to get him.

back to the lsd issue. I saw an old video a while back that was a group of soldiers on acid. it might have been brits. it was on a humor site and it was hysterical. the soldiers go from being attentive and organized to climbing trees and making bird calls. it was hysterical. is it real? who knows. I've dropped acid plenty olf times and I know my friends and I did some odd things but none of us tried to climb trees and talk to the birds.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen: the man climbing the tree. I wouldn't be too afraid of fighting a soldier on '___', but yaba no way. Yaba (yar bah) was manufactured by the Nazis to help keep their soldiers awake for days. The main ingredients in yaba are salt, household cleaning products, cold medicines, lithium from car batteries and castoff from heroin production. Coming down from the drug usually creates suicidal urges, depression and rage in the user.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is some interesting info on the experiments the US government conducted on '___'. I also have heard that they weoponized '___' and applied it by spraying it on enemy troops. when inhaled look out because you are gonna trip bad. just think how easy it would be to take out enemy troops under the influence of '___'. What a bummer for the enemy troops. Man that would be a very scary thing indeed to face down tanks while tripping.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've read somewhere ( cannot find it now), that terrorists involved in Beslan siege were under influence of very strong narcotics...
During my stay in Kyrgyzstan I've heard stories about experimental mix with opium, which was given to soldiers during Afganistan war.
'___' is not the drug to help in the combat, but there are experiments to "embrace" certain attitudes...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What was that drug the militas in Somalia were on during the whole BlackHawk down thing "KOT" or something I remember them chewing on something that looked like grass. I think they were in part payed with this drug.

That was suppose to make people very aggresive if I recall

[edit on 15-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The drug is cald Khat, it increases alertness, confidence and concentration and reduces appetite.
Here�s a link
www.thesite.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the info The Todd

Thats the stuff didnt know its not considered a controlled substance in UK. But the site says it will "lose much of their potency just a few days after being picked. " so I guess by the time it gets to the UK its not very powerful.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can you imagine....

"Ok ladys! Attention!!!!!!!!....

Today you going to be going out on foot clearing the jungles!... I want you aware, ready and focused.... So go grab your ammo, Coke & '___' and rations and meet at bravo point!!!! Go Go GO!!!!!!!!!!"

Personally , I couldnt fight on '___' (never done it) or any of those hard drugs (Ive tried coke and X) I'd be like the guy climbing the tree only I'd be making bird noises too.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I thought it was crazy they let someone that was on '___' use a bazooka in that video, I never used '___' but man that cant be good.

A interesting plot with '___' I remember is the CIA wanted to put '___' in one of Castro's cigars because he always smoked them before speeches. They were hoping he would start to wig out in the middle of his speech or something.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
But if you start to think that the enemy is big giant man eating birds...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I know that it seems funny to watch the film of UK soldiers on exercise while tripping at the Porton Range (Operation MONEYBAGS), but for the soldiers involved it was an intense and frightening experience.

You have to remember that these experiments were done at a time when the public were hardly aware of the existence of '___'. The soldiers (Royal Marine commandos) knew they were to be given some sort of drug during a three day internal security exercise, but they were not told what it would be or when it would be given.

On the first day, the commandos were successful in the operation, capturing "prisoners" etc. On the second day, the exercise scenario changed with the commandos defending an area against infiltration. As on the first day were given a drink of water before they moved off. This time the water was spiked with 200 microgrammes of water.

In the next half hour the men went completely to pieces, and as the film shows, one marine became very agitated, saying-"I'm dying, it can't go on".
He had to be taken immediately into medical care.

Many of those who were involved in MONEYBAGS were still affected by the trials for a very long time. Human trials at Porton which used '___' were temporarily halted in January 1965- shortly after Operation MONEYBAGS. This ban lasted until September 1966, during which time a fierce ethical debate ensured at Porton over the use of '___' in human experiments. Eventually Porton decided that it was time for a new series of '___' experiments and in September 1966, Exercise RECOUNT was conducted. Troops from the 37th Heavy Air Defence Regiment (Royal Artillery) were instructed to carry out a 3 day exercise on the Porton Ranges. As in MONEYBAGS, troops were offered and drank orange squash at the start of each day. On day two, the squash was spiked with between 63-97 microgrammes of '___' (shades of the Electric COOL-ADE Acid Tests being conducted across the Atlantic by the Merry Pranksters).

After the experiment a Porton psychiatrist noted that- seven had an unpleasant time, eleven hallucinated, some experiencing "altered perception of time", one person was "mildly paranoid and unduly suspicious of the motives of colleagues" (quite a sane way to act seeing as he'd just been spiked with acid), some had vague feelings of detachment, while others felt "intense unreality", reporting "no stomach, "no mouth", or "another body".

It's interesting to note that in the same year as the MOD were sponsoring '___' human experiments conducted by Porton scientists (the most prominent of which was the trippily named- Dr Maxwell Hollyhock), the Home Office were busy passing a law which made the possesion of '___' illegal.

If you want to read more about the UK government's '___' experiments which were carried out at Porton Down, read GASSED by Rob Evans.

A chapter entitled Britain's Psychedelic Soldiers describes, in detail, all the UK '___' experiments.

zero lift

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I keep thinking of that scene in History of the World where the roman soldiers are all stoned. Mucus says "you men go that way, you men go that way, I'm gonna walk around here in a circle"

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I did a little research on this and I found this site. It looks like there is alot of research being done on performace enhancing drug, not just for the military but for pilots and people with alzheimer�s etc.
nootropics.com...

So I think it�s most likely that armies are giving drugs to the soldiers, but do the soldiers know that they are given drugs? I would think that they don�t

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
wow that's interesting.

That dude feeding the birds, what a legend lol.

Don't flame me or anything but I wouldn't mind getting some '___' for myself.

www.cowboybooks.com.au...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
SUPERB!! Funniest thing I have seen in years. It could spell the end of war

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
THOR that one was even funnier, more more

top topics

<<   2 >>

join