It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all know China bans stuff, but, other countries do it too. Ban movie list.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is the list.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is Canada's
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is USA
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is UK
en.wikipedia.org...

I did not know Hungar Games was banned in Vietnam.

Noah 2014 movie was banned in Indonesia

Ah, I remember Borat. Probably the only Kazakhstan ban.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Ed Wood classic "Glen or Glenda" was banned in the UK for almost 40 years? Astonishing.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ed Wood

Isn't there a fairly recent Johnny Depp film by that title? Shot in black and white, I believe.
Crazy guy.

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Start here.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Pull the strings! I love Bela in that.

Humanity's always banning something. Years from now if we evolve into a peaceful, utopian society I'm sure there will still be irate people starting petitions.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh yes Buzzy. But not so new, maybe fifteen years old. Maybe twenty.

It is the story of Ed Wood, a low grade movie director who befriended Bela Lugosi, the old Dracula actor. Wood made numerous very bad movies one of which "Plan 9 from Outer Space" was an early winner in the Golden Turkey Awards.

This is my favorite Depp character and he plays the naive Wood beautifully. Martin Landau played Lugosi and won the best supporting actor award. The movie is now dated but still one of my favorites. I suppose this may be because Plan 9 was one of the first sci fi movies my parents let me see as a kid and even then I wondered at just how bad it was. Stinkeroo. But now funny as hell if you are into camp.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The way the Lugosi character kept moving his fingers in an enticing manner thinking it was great acting. And Depp as Wood looked on in worshipful admiration. Wonderful.

But back on the general topic, as a teenager in the 60s I worked at a drive in movie complex and remember numerous movies that would play for one night when the city fathers would then come to the owner and have them pulled. None of those are even on the lists the OP provided.
Censorship. Yup

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 28 Jan 2015 23:39:33 -0600Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:39:33 -060015012015-01-28T23:39:33-06:0011u39 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

top topics

join