It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOTHING is black or white!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Virtually nothing is black or white.

I like this therefore I can't like that...

I agree with this therefore I have to be against that...

Labour or Tories

Republicans or Democrats

Pro abortion or anti abortion

Nature or nuture

Israel or Palestine

Immigration or no immigration

Incarceration or rehabilitation

Yes or No

We are being dumbed down into strict psychological paradigms of FOR or AGAINST.

We are losing our ability to be in the grey area. To constructively think about a subject. To understand that most arguments have so many factors which require intellectual thought that YES/NO or FOR/AGAINST are not answers.

We are losing our ability TO HAVE AN OPINION.

Because the media outlets are a individual teams, they are either for or against. The media they put out is one view point or another. Something is either right or wrong.

CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE BEING DUMBED DOWN HERE?

edit on 28-1-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Agreed. I like to use this in those instances:

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It is all about control, yet again, of opinion, thought and hence behaviour.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It is just far too easy to lead a flock with only two options: "You can be my friend or my enemy!".

Man, I am very happy that there are more options over here, which aren't instantly valued "losing your vote".

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
It is just far too easy to lead a flock with only two options: "You can be my friend or my enemy!".

Man, I am very happy that there are more options over here, which aren't instantly valued "losing your vote".

I'm from England. I guess you make your own options depending on how you analyse situations.

As for the vote... really is just a yes or no thing. B/W. I don't vote?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Everything is either black or white, or so we are guided to believe.

Guided by MSM propaganda that gives you all the black or white options you need. And it works wonderfully well, for instance, look how the masses have been herded into the black or white deception in the United States alone - just in the last 12 years.......

Obama 50.6%
Romney 47.8%

Obama 53%
McCain 45.7%

Bush 50.8%
Kerry 48.3%

link

Perfectly divided, easily manipulated, totally controlled.

Amazing, considering the whole thing is an illusion that we have collectively allowed, and even enabled, to happen.

We can either continue to be deceived and brainwashed or we can break free from this noose that is enslaving us to an unending life of debt and submission to the will of the few.

We, collectively, are the solution.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Correct, dualism doesn't exist. There is no good nor is there evil. Just shades of gray that change with the situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
manganese oxide = black

titanium oxide = white

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Correct, dualism doesn't exist. There is no good nor is there evil. Just shades of gray that change with the situation.

You are so absolutely right with that summation, and yet everything from court processes to governments/politicians is based on a win/lose good/evil right/wrong outcome.

shades of grey......is so totally where it's all at.

I think religion does not really help here either.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Whether its sports, politics, civil issues, religion, etc. It's all about one thing.

Being on a team. Everyone feels the need to be on a team and their team must be number 1.

I was going to write a thread about it, but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sometimes it's black and black (When it comes to politics, geopolitics, corporations), but people are too weak to face the truth and would rather fool themselves into believing there is always a "good guy" or a "lesser evil", at least.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I concur.

Im a Gay Nazi Biker 4 Christ

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Absolutist paradigms are what power in the world, both ancient and modern, have been built upon, and are responsible in my view, for far more of the hardships and inequalities inherent in government systems, than are any other factor affecting the geopolitical situation as it stands today.

To take my own nation as an example, I imagine that there are those out there who have bought Cameron's idiotic bluff, regarding encryption technologies. They will have swallowed the idea, that if we want to be secure in our persons, that we must relinquish our privacy, and that refusing to do so aids terror, or worse yet, is an indicator of support for it. Of course nothing could be further from the truth, because examining the reason for his suggestion of banning civilian level encrypted communications will reveal some obvious fallacies, not least of which regard the fact that terror organisations who have recently been active in Europe are not USING any such service or communications technology, to communicate. They use instead, far more rudimentary techniques, presumably because they are aware of how closely the governments of European countries monitor the users of encrypted communication.

They use instead basic methods, like using burner phones, and sending apparently harmless messages, with unassuming code words in them, the meaning of which are known only to those sending and receiving the messages. This means that although they can be read, they cannot be comprehended by any other than the sender and intended recipient. This is nothing LIKE encryption, just simple tradecraft from the old days of spying and espionage. These are BASIC tools.

So, in fact we in the UK do not need to give up our privacy in order to have security, because in this case, giving up our privacy will avail us of no further security than we have at the moment, never mind the fact that security is not worth having unless we can have some privacy to enjoy it with!

Absolutist agendas like these, are cancerous, toxic in the extreme, and polarise situations. In many circumstances affecting the world stage at the moment, they serve only to FURTHER a pre-existing tension, to ratchet up that tension and bind people ever closer to one extremist point of view or another. It is an effective, and evil tool, which drives wedges between demographics in society, and prevents reason from being HEARD let alone understood.
edit on 28-1-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Something is Black or White....and that is the title of this new movie starring Kevin Costner

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Something is Black or White....and that is the title of this new movie starring Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner was also in "JFK." "Black is white and white is black."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

touche

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
My personal opinion...everything is black and white in the mind of logic. Everything is gray in the mind of emotion. When my family or I encounter a problem or issue we have to deal with, I understand and feel the emotion. I will say "yes...but this" and know there are grays in the equation. But when a decision must be made, I always fall back to the non-emotional black and white mentality and usually resolve the problem.

Example: My parents went through bankruptcy and had to sell their long-time home. My father was all "but this...how about this...how can I fix this...". I had to "step-up" and say look...feel bad about it later, cry about it later if you must, but right now...just do what you have to to keep it from getting worse or losing more.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Great post! There are a lot of issues that could be solved if logic was used but a lot of people really do not want any problems solved because it would not serve their personal agenda! Look how people at home make simple decisions to cut things out of their budget when they have to but on a govt level spending never gets cut it only increases because they are spending other peoples money!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"Virtually nothing is black or white"

I think this statement is an example of the very thing you point out as being wrong. Not everything is black and white, but to say virtually nothing is that way is once again dividing things into two categories, 'black or white' and 'not black and white.' Once again back to thought process that to come to a conclusion it is one way or the other way. It's like saying that the truth can't be an absolute in one instance because the truth is not so obvious in another.

Not everything is black or white, some things are gray, but some things are just as clear as day.
edit on 31-1-2015 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join