It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Condemn You"..... "Really, So What!?!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just heard on the Radio that Japan have "condemned" ISISs plan to behead one of their journalists...

The next step in my thought pattern was to remember all the calls for "condemnation" of Muslim terror followed by thoughts of all the "condemnation" that followed...

The next thought in my mind was, "now what?"...

So I decided to have a good look at the definition of "condemn"...

Condemn;
1) express complete disapproval of; censure.
2) sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, especially death.

Well number 2 is out of the question because they follow nobodies Law and no Law Enforcement is coming for them...

Then I looked again at number 1...

What are we left with...

Someone or some group or some government saying "we completely disapprove of your actions"...

All of a sudden this statement of "condemnation" is gonna make a terrorist say;

"Oh wow... You know what... I really take that to heart... I'm gonna stop cutting people's heads off because your meaningless sentence with no physical effects whatsoever has washed over my soulless vessel and cleansed me of all I had planned... You've really touched the core of my being with a useless sound that resonates as a recognisable frequency to my ear drums... & all of a sudden my whole agenda to control mankind suddenly seems like it's not worth the effort and bloodshed..."

Or...

Maybe they'll say;

"Shove your f#ing condemnation where the Sun doesn't shine & kiss my arse you fool"...

& that's where my train of thought ran off and I decided I needed to rant about it.

Useless leaders in a sick World...
But don't worry...

At least they'll be their to "condemn" whoever hurts us in the Future...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I condemn your condemnation of the Japanese response to ISIS!

How do you like those apples?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If only that was all... it's way worse.

"They" condemn ISIS on the news... but as soon as the cameras are off - they turn on their heels and go on with their agenda... either directly support ISIS with more money, arms and intel, or at least watch and let it happen.

Then they send our brothers to fight and die, and let their torn families foot the bill for the whole sham.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Where did the condemn quote come from Charlie . Did the Japanese govt say this or was it reporter speak .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Reporter speak on ClassicFM...

I'll have a look for a link with a proper connection to Japan.

Edit: www.theguardian.com...
edit on 28-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarxMarvellous

LoL.

Touché.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

I don't know if Japan do that, but you make a fair assessment in reference to the Western & Middle Eastern Elite.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Seems the reporters have hearing problems . My source

"This was an utterly despicable act, and I am appalled," Japanese premier Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday.

Your source .

“This was an extremely despicable act and we feel strong indignation. We strongly condemn that.

Same message but why are the quotes so different . Perhaps altered for different target audiences .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Any deal between Jordan and Isis would anger the US, which opposes prisoner swaps and paying ransoms to terrorist groups. Jen Psaki, a US state department spokeswoman, told journalists in Washington that trading captives belonged “in the same category” as paying ransoms.

She said last year’s release of five Taliban commanders in return for the captive US army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was “entirely different” since Bergdahl was being held as a prisoner of war.

How's that for a double standard!!!

I need to sleep, that pissed me off more than the initial rant!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Did they condemn them in the English language or in Japanese?

If it was in English then OK I can see pondering the English definitions of such but if you're going off of a translation you just may be missing some of the meaning behind their words.

It does beg the question of why would a Japanse speaking country issue a statement in Engish to a group that probably doesn't speak either.

Hmmm.....Conundrum.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm with Expat. Time to make a mountain of heads.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I would be more interested in the original word used in the original language. A translation is simply someones opinion on what was said.

"Language is a Virus communicable by mouth". -Laurie Anderson

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Well, you know Charlie, there is only one effective response to the sort of madness which prevails in certain regions at the moment.

It is not military action on a large scale, it is not big visible moves. The only proper way to combat this type of insanity, is by a concerted, silent, invisible program of assassination, using methods which involve only small arms, blades, and an extreme focus on stealth, upon targets who drive this madness forward. Further to that, the money and arms that are coming in from governments in the west and their partners in the Middle East, need to be cut off. If that means the forcible removal of any government which has involved itself in such practices, and continues to be involved with those practices, then that is what it means, but it must be done.

It is outrageous that we continue to use missiles and drones on populated areas, just to remove terror suspects that OUR governments have helped to equip! Until we quit paying and equipping these people, and make our efforts to remove them as effective, invisible, and silent as possible, we should expect no improvement in the situation as it stands.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

We all are extremely aware of how dangerous it is to say to someone today "I hate you," because, (ahem), that is definitely hate speech and definitely verboten in today's modern PC-stimulated world. Strangely, to "condemn" and to "hate" mean virtually the same thing in that they both protrude from the observer and are the observer's feelings toward the antagonist. But the word "condemn" sounds like a far more official word such as usually comes from the lofty mouth of a judge or government official. Either way, there are times that feelings put into words by a victim don't do the job and physical action is required. Satisfaction is much more comforting than just ill feelings that carry no weight unless you are totally into karma and willing to wait for the next lifetime.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reminds me of monty python "go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Any deal between Jordan and Isis would anger the US, which opposes prisoner swaps and paying ransoms to terrorist groups. Jen Psaki, a US state department spokeswoman, told journalists in Washington that trading captives belonged “in the same category” as paying ransoms.

She said last year’s release of five Taliban commanders in return for the captive US army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was “entirely different” since Bergdahl was being held as a prisoner of war.

How's that for a double standard!!!

I need to sleep, that pissed me off more than the initial rant!

There's a video in this link where ISIS threatens to behead Obama IN the White House, turn the US into a Muslim Province, and says they will keep attacking France and Belgium.

ISIS Video

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Actually, you bring up a good point, Charlie. If nothing is done to enforce any condemnation or disapproval, then who cares? We see this as an example often with teens in the US -- most people are disgusted by their attitudes and behavior, but typically nothing is ever done by the general public. Thus, who the hell cares if you dislike their disrespectful attitude, you didn't even so much as approach them directly to discuss, you muttered about it behind their back while walking the opposite direction, or complained online. Same idea as voicing condemnation over terrorist actions. You're not going to do anything that rams that home any, so why do you think voicing disapproval will move them to remorse or shame? It won't.

When you think about it, on the global scale, condemnations are just hot air with little, if ever anything, backing them up. Sure, everyone's entitled to say "I don't like that because XYZ", but it's still futile.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I for 1 applaud this move by Japan.
Now the world can be certain that Japan doesnt approve of Terrorists cutting the heads off its citizens.

I mean if they didnt condemn it how would we have known

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well of course they can't approve of it. It turned out to be radically unpopular. They have major egg on their face.

BO had to release his buddies and he used Bergdahl as an excuse. Then the cat got out of the bag about what happened. Now they have to try to talk a good game.

But it is the American left. If they didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly, this is part of why the UN is such a joke. All they do is issue strongly worded letters. Unless one of the nations is willing to actually do the heavy lifting for them, they are nothing more then a letter-writing campaign.

top topics

join