It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL - Should the UK monarchy now be abolished ? Y/N - all ATS members please contribute

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mehmet666Heineken
Don't try to move the goalposts now sir, you said:

I can't see a single successful example of British colonization other than in predominantly English immigrant countries after wiping out the natives and losing hundreds of thousands of lives fighting the French or Americans.

And now you are aware of five countries which are doing better than the UK right now in every internationally recognised standard. If you wanted to exclude island nations you should have stated it in your original post, you didn't, and I showed you examples which proved your assertions to be misguided at best.

Kind regards.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Don't try to move the goalposts now sir, you said:

I can't see a single successful example of British colonization other than in predominantly English immigrant countries after wiping out the natives and losing hundreds of thousands of lives fighting the French or Americans.

And now you are aware of five countries which are doing better than the UK right now in every internationally recognised standard. If you wanted to exclude island nations you should have stated it in your original post, you didn't, and I showed you examples which proved your assertions to be misguided at best.

Kind regards.

Do you want a cake or something, Jesus christ...Middle East and South Asia bungling still outdo positive economy on some distant islands, Its like you're discrediting the fact that the British screwed up most of the world because Bahrain and Hong Kong are doing great. Hong Kong is back in communist hands by the way.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Mehmet666Heineken because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2015 by Mehmet666Heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who was flying combat missions? I can not find any record of any royal in actual combat in the last 65 years.

Well, Prince Andrew and Prince Harry are 2 for a start, Prince Charles was in a position to do so as well but we weren't actually in a conflict at the time he was an active pilot.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'll have a lemon curd slice please.
Stop bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside, you made the assertion and I shot it down. Be less specific in future perhaps, then I may have nothing to come back at ya with.

*Edit*
How about Malaysia?
30 million people over 127,355 sq miles big enough for you? ...they're doing more than ok as a nation as well.

edit on 26.1.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I'll have a lemon curd slice please.
Stop bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside, you made the assertion and I shot it down. Be less specific in future perhaps, then I may have nothing to come back at ya with.

Ok so I forgot to mention some distant islands that the British didn't slaughter and are doing good now...what about Sykes Picot, Mughal Empire, The Great Game with Russia, etc. !!! What about the wiping out of natives in North America? Still holds true, so so sorry I forgot about good old Bahrain

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just want to preface this by saying that I am an American and have never lived under a monarchy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

YES. The time for monarchies is over. The world and society has moved beyond the need for Kings and Queens.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What are you crying about?
You made a specific claim and I shot it down, why do you seem so upset?
Oh, and I edited my last post, how about Malaysia?
30 million people and 127,355 sq miles big enough for you in that oil rich nation?
...you appear bitter about the UK and that confuses me because I wonder what the # any decisions of people made before I was born has to do with current discussions about the constitutional monarchy of the UK? (a constitutional monarchy I do not support)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It is not my place to vote yes or no.

However, I enjoy the entertainment from tabloids & the resulting meltdowns (such as the time a French tabloid printed photos of Kate Middleton topless).

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You have to point me to some valid information on canadian monarchy and crowns for these assclowns. That I just have to see! I realize they are corrupt, jaded, need to be purged from the gene pool and ef'd up beyond belief, but crowns. Puhlease, post a link here.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
NO

The monarchy is important for our culture, heritage, and identity. We have a few idiots who contribute jack-all, but there are wonderful members that try their hardest to promote the UK and Commonwealth, give time and money promoting charity and awareness. And yeah they pay taxes too.

I will probably be flamed for this post. But each to their own eh.

(descendant of House of Stuart here)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
NO.
I feel more of a warmth to them, than I do to the British Government. Yes, monarchy is outdated. No, I don't want a return to the old days. However, what I do feel is a huge sense of pride in our country when ol' Lizzie is on the screen, compared to the latest round of politicians on offer.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaStarr
May I ask why you support the assertions of HM Government over personal claims by the house of Windsor?
...I am a person with republcan sympathies for the record

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You have to point me to some valid information on canadian monarchy and crowns for these assclowns. That I just have to see! I realize they are corrupt, jaded, need to be purged from the gene pool and ef'd up beyond belief, but crowns. Puhlease, post a link here.

Cheers - Dave

Are you unfamiliar with a basic searches?

I would start here.

Here's some additional info that makes people go 'hmmm'...Canada's Monarchy never originated from England. It originated from France.

As for Canada's physical thrones, they are found here, in the Senate, right behind the Speaker's seat.

There is far more to the Crown of Canada than most people assume.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
lame but hey

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
my reasons are my own....NO!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Off with their heads!

Jk.

well i vote yes get rid of them. Bunch of useless inbreds suckling on the teet of the people.
edit on 26-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If some are removed
has it been considered who shall replace?

Will the replacement(s) be perfect
or also make mistakes?

The questions indeed provide grounds
for in-depth psychological observations.

-auip cii-

If found to be true serious data
involving all nations...

Interesting question OP. Its hard to tell clearly what responsibilities some genetically related may have. Responsibilities that may have influences of the future as well as the past. Therefore who would be replacing them? Would everyone who answer yes automatically accept the new Monarchy? Or have any considered?

So for 1 its not really a simple question when taking an observer position. For 1 is not objectively clear as to what the Monarchy responsibilities are. And to take a simple leap at the response (even though hidden within a internet poll anything can be) to 1 is a little naive.

1 APOLLOS for not answering your question in the fashion your requested...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes.

I'm tired of this.

She's born on the same day as me tho, april 21st. Still. She and everyone else who is a british royal to take that throne is printed on our money.

I think it's just a bit weird. Shes on every single coin out there too.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, abolish them...... To Connacht or to hell.....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Are you unfamiliar with a basic searches?

I would start here.

Here's some additional info that makes people go 'hmmm'...Canada's Monarchy never originated from England. It originated from France.

As for Canada's physical thrones, they are found here, in the Senate, right behind the Speaker's seat.

There is far more to the Crown of Canada than most people assume.

Good info to start with hopefully, but you don't have to be a dweeb. It's something I have never looked up, I concentrate more on the financial system, forced taxation, CRA legitimacy, the case for the dissolution of the BOC, etc. I realize we have a grovellor general and provincial lieutenant grovellors and they are the viceroys and sub-viceroys of the british monarchy, but I have never searched for canadian monarchy as even the idea is offensive.

ETA, Nothing new on that page, W(here)TF is harpernista's crown? Canada is a colony, it's not a country, nothing has change and we still haven't divorced "IT." The grovellor general can still disband parliament, invoke the war measures act, martial law, order conscription, etc. and we still have IT's picture in post offices, courts and government buildings. If I wanted to see inbreeding in action, I would go to back hills of North Carolina (or north of hwy 7), I don't need to see it in office buildings like it's normal.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/26.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join