It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tough day at the high energy physics lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
All day today a horrible interacting Fermi gas, converting into a Bose gas, ultimately condensing into a Bose–Einstein condensate although interacting Fermi gases also passed. Then a white dwarf star (a Fermi gas of electrons) formed against the inward pull of gravity, which collapsed the star into a Black Hole.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Apparently your trip yo the lab as mentioned in your previous post failed to relieve you of some unpleasant reactions!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

So, that's where the intended humor of your joke went? It fell into the black hole too?
(Or is it that I'm just not a physicist?)
edit on 25-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No, a tough day would be at the LHC when they find out that Hawking is wrong, Hawking radiation is wrong and that black holes do not evaporate in 10^-22 seconds and that 10^-17 second radius magbulb ain't gonna help. Nobody will get a chance to say "Oooops." That might be funny for some alien watching from orbit.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/25.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri
You are referring to my proposed "The Matter it doesn't Matter Drive" We might up grade the lab with one of those if our funding doesn't get cut this year. With Quarks of Fermi Gas this low there's not much chance those kind of funds will be in the black budget.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Sometimes the best relief from all that gas is to let one rip...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut Is that a "Big Bang Theory" inspired comment? I actually find that show pretty funny.

top topics

join