It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing my marriage... not sure how to feel.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Wow...

That is a stunning display of sensitivity. I am glad I was around for that one. Life affirming, thats what that is.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Relieved, free and like Steve Mcqueen - The Great Escape
edit on 26-1-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Lovely1973

My concerns are with your kids. I know in the states, many middle eastern men will flee with their kids back to their home land. I would suggest divorcing him, but making sure your kids can not be taken away from you. He definitely sounds like he's taking advantage of you and not appreciating you or the children. His family may pressure him to get custody of the kids so if you feel this is the case, I would immediately talk with the authorities to find out your options to help prevent this from happening. Best of luck to you, I hope everything works out with you and your children.

I know several have already said it, but I think this bears repeating. It sounds like you have already made up your mind, but are looking for the courage to make the big move. Please Please Please go see a lawyer to see what your rights are before you do anything. Your story definitely has that creepy factor, and I think the main concern is your children and their safety. If he is leaning on his family back in Jordan and can't get his life together in the UK, he will probably return to Jordan, and he might take your children with him at the urging of his family. You already said that they tried to convince him to keep the kids there in the first place and just send you away, it's not that big of a stretch to think he will do it now if you file for divorce.

I am normally the first one to say try to work it out, but you are dealing with a really bad and dangerous situation right now. If you do file for divorce, please have a plan set up where he cannot find your kids.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OkieDokie
Thanks, yes, I did indeed approach a lawyer a few weeks ago - I dont think he would take the kids back there for a number of reasons, one being that I think he is too lazy ( but could allow his sisters to raise them) and another that he could easily have done that when I left Jordan in March, had he been in the mind to. I was unaware at the time that it could be an issue. It shocked me to the core and I will never visit again until our children are much older ( oldest is 9 yes, youngest 7 months)
The lawyer basically told me to go to court with papers myself so I am in fact working on the paper work.
Again, thank you x

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join