It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Davos oligarchs are right to fear the world they’ve made

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I starred you because I agree with everything you said until you mentioned the GOP and Libertarian foks. The Lib Con, Dem Repub thing is a dialectic, "good cop/bad cop if you will. To buy into either, or rather in this case any of the constituent parties as really representing the interests of the common man, I believe constitutes not fully understanding the gravity of the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I starred you because I agree with everything you said until you mentioned the GOP and Libertarian foks. The Lib Con, Dem Repub thing is a dialectic, "good cop/bad cop if you will. To buy into either, or rather in this case any of the constituent parties as really representing the interests of the common man, I believe constitutes not fully understanding the gravity of the problem.

Politics exists on levels just like anything in life.

So you have ordinary issue politics on one level and what they call deep politics on another level.

On the level of ordinary issue politics the GOP are scoundrels because issue wise they always screw the common man: SS, employment, catering only to the rich, etc.

There the Dems cleary have an edge. Their issues cleary favor the poor, and middle class the vast majority of economic issues...

Though many times they are hypocrites and also cater to the wealthy.

Just because they have a theoretical edge over the GOP doesn’t mean they are saintly as individuals.

But on the deep politics level they coincide and both are problematic: such as support Israel, the Globalist agenda, wars, and other related issues that are on the deep politics level.

On all levels the GOP most of the time are imo anti-human and anti-ordinary people.

They cleary issues wise practically ALWAYS favor the needs of the elite rich to the expense of the masses of people.

At least in theory the Dems often, but not always, have policies that do better to the masses of people

If you don’t see that then I can’t open your eyes to what’s clear.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just a few ...private jets. Oh say...about 1,700 jets flown to Davos
to pressurize a lot...and I do mean a planet worth of hot air about how
to dupe the general public into clamoring... for more tax and spend schemes?

And...1700 sky bidets!

Isnt that rich!

edit on 24-1-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The water grid costs money to maintain....hence metered water and the bill for the utility. The cost of living in a modern world.

Not many industrialized people have their own wells.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sounds like they're buttering everybody up for the next "crisis".

Strange how they "warn" against the very things they cherish.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity I did a search to see if I could find the incomes of Paul Polman and Christine Lagard and I came up these:

From OP: Paul Polman, Unilever chief executive, frets about the “capitalist threat to capitalism”

Unite said Paul Polman received a salary of around £670,000 but claimed bonuses of £10m and “incentives” took the total to 54,236,511 euros.

source

From OP: Christine Lagarde, the IMF managing director, fears capitalism might indeed carry Marx’s “seeds of its own destruction” and warns that something needs to be done.

Her annual salary starts at $467,940.

source

Edit:

her IMF salary of $467,940 plus an $83,760 additional allowance is not subject to any taxes.

source

I find it interesting that a person making 54 million euros - frets about the “capitalist threat to capitalism”.

edit on 24-1-2015 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It is unbelievable that ATS have nothing more to say about this ... Maybe it is because rising income gap is so evident, that even fundamentalist defenders of capitalism have nothing to say?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ummm...piffleschizz...The only thing dems do better than repubs ...is convincing the greater unwashed of their need to be...KEPT...
My GOD man...cant you hear the atonal disharmony of the organ grinder...?

Come Out.........like Lazarus in the grip of Hades..........I call you forth...into a realm of studied enlightenment where you realize that politics is a dog and pony show...a double headed coin...as the calliope burps and wheezes...attempting to herald you back into the torpor of serfdom................Come Out...

"If you don't see that...then I can't open your eyes to what's clear"...

Besides...these Davos dandies are some of the worlds best known progressives that like to dangle their carrots before your face...waiting for you to sup on whichever bottle of snake oil is the flavor du jour of the moment...
And...........just lookie there........there's simply no room at the trough...

YouSir
edit on 24-1-2015 by YouSir because: of an i for the eye...

edit on 24-1-2015 by YouSir because: of the fleshing out...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: eletheia

The water grid costs money to maintain....hence metered water and the bill for the utility. The cost of living in a modern world.

Not many industrialized people have their own wells.

Everything requires 'maintenance' and I have been paying for my
unmetered water all my adult life ... however there is a vast
difference between maintaining something and another from
*profiteering* from the same thing and in increasing the
burden to the consumer as to what is in the private and public
boundaries.

This underhanded way of screwing the public can be seen in the
latest money grab that is happening >>>>

Of late I have been receiving unsolicited phone calls to sell me
cheap?? solar panels (government subsidised) to put on my roof
and informing me that in doing so I will get free electricity
and may even get paid for any surplus!!
What they don't tell you is that they have a max shelf life of
15years before expensive components will need replacing and
also that there are legal reasons that make your house much more
difficult to sell with these panels in place!

This is not just hearsay I know people with this problem, just as
in the same way I know people who wish they had never had a
water meter installed.

Just another blow for the 'ordinary' man

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People like that need to be called out.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Politics exists on levels just like anything in life.

So you have ordinary issue politics on one level and what they call deep politics on another level.

On the level of ordinary issue politics the GOP are scoundrels because issue wise they always screw the common man: SS, employment, catering only to the rich, etc.

There the Dems cleary have an edge. Their issues cleary favor the poor, and middle class the vast majority of economic issues...

Though many times they are hypocrites and also cater to the wealthy.

Just because they have a theoretical edge over the GOP doesn’t mean they are saintly as individuals.

But on the deep politics level they coincide and both are problematic: such as support Israel, the Globalist agenda, wars, and other related issues that are on the deep politics level.

On all levels the GOP most of the time are imo anti-human and anti-ordinary people.

They cleary issues wise practically ALWAYS favor the needs of the elite rich to the expense of the masses of people.

At least in theory the Dems often, but not always, have policies that do better to the masses of people

If you don’t see that then I can’t open your eyes to what’s clear.

This is it. It is true that the GOP platform more clearly favors the ultra rich and corporations. Even overtly. Conservatives need to understand this, that the GOP platform is all for deregulating industry so it can even more accumulate capital and resources. Also, all this lowering taxes for rich nonsense is clear as day pro-wealthy people. The GOP is anti environment, preferring corporate profits over our children's Earth.

Democrats ARE better on domestic policy, including taxing the wealthy, regulating industry, providing for better living wages, making sure more people are insured, and protecting the environment.

Having said that, both fail utterly when it comes to NSA/CIA and foreign imperialistic policy.

And, I do know that many of the Democratic elite are just as bought out as Republican elites.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In Niagra Falls NY, they now charge you an access fee to water, even if you don't use it!

NIAGARA FALLS - The Niagara Falls Water Board got an earful from some residents Thursday about an “availability” fee that property owners pay even if their water service is shut off.

The Water Board charges $20 per month to any property that has the potential of receiving water service but does not, meaning some shell out $240 a year even if not one drop of water runs through their water line.

Source

Ths happens with electricity too. I know of some camping lots in Tennessee. Sounds like a pretty good palce to spend a week or two in the summer. However; electric access is provided and you can leave it turned on all year, but you pay $40/month, even if you don't use any. If you cut the power off, it costs about $500 to get it back on. So now it costs an extra $500/year if you want to camp there one week out of the year and have electricity. Kinda ruins it.
edit on 24-1-2015 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned profiteering, and that's what it is. We can identify it by digging, vetting sources, and exposing conflicts of interest.

For the fun of it I googled, "Ways to protect yourself against profiteers" and in the middle of the page I see this...
crooksandliars.com...
(Reporter exposes how unvetted sources of fear mongering has found it's place on mainstream networks, ON a mainstream network)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"The entire money structured society is a false society"-Jacque Fresco.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I totally agree on issues of human rights, Zionism, and imperial pursuits as you say both parties are terrible for the exception of Rand Paul and Dennis Kucinich sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I totally agree on issues of human rights, Zionism, and imperial pursuits as you say both parties are terrible for the exception of Rand Paul and Dennis Kucinich sometimes.

Right, there are a few politicians that are exceptions in both parties. And I think that there are far more exceptions in the rank and file of each party, meaning normal people. They are mostly decent folk who don't know enough about either domestic or foreign affairs to know what is really going on. Hence, they get played.

But going back to my original point, although I lean left and prefer personally democrats to republicans, given the domestic platform, I am absolutely horrified by how the elite of both parties AND both sides of the media circus suddenly close rank when it comes to most American foreign policy. Suddenly they will all support the Iraq War, or be for funding insurgents (read coup and regime change and proxy war) in Syria, etc ad infinitum. Nobody will prosecute anybody for torture. You name it. Similarly, both Bush and Obama pushed and supported increased domestic surveillance and unwarranted taps.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wish my SS tax had gone into a 401k plan instead. I made a lot of $$ off the 401k I did have. But then the dolts out there would not have been so fortunate. Leave the SS Ponzi scheme for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join