It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants Communicate Using An Internet Of Fungus.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Awesome thread and OP, thanks Purp

This makes my head explode with ideas. I need to make this a painting somehow.

I remember watching 'The Secret Lives of Plants' and seeing the cut cabbage scene and realizing plants feel more than we give them credit for. The fungal networks allowing transfer of data makes a lot of sense actually. Plants are survivalists more than most would expect.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Specimen

The roots of plants mix with the fungus networks that run through the ground. They have an interface between them in which they can share stuff..

and what they dragon plant..

purp..

say, aren't we full of fungus(s) too?
we are what we eat....and there are all kinds in bread, on veggies, in the water, on our skin, in our digestive tract...
like with the dandelion root cancer cure:
one is not supposed to wash the biology off the roots before they are ingested

great thread
edit on Monpm1b20151America/Chicago39 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

So where does this place the likes of Monsanto?

I thought this was an interesting question and it got me thinking. I hope you meant "where does this place the likes of Monsanto" in an ecological sense as that is where my mind went...if I'm not reading you right then I apologize.

Terence McKenna's "Stoned Ape" theory is at least worthy of consideration and, if true, can help setup the path I went with this. If our semi-recent ancestors developed an evolutionary bond with certain forms of mushroom, and the absence of it (in the theory) sponsored a fall from communal nature-balanced primates to the formation of the unbalanced ego, division and war tendencies, agriculture, patriarchy and kingdom building...then Monsanto comes along as a sign-post to the primate that has over-committed itself to one way of thinking. The very same primate that the mushroom helped advance to a higher-conscious, detail observant, technology-birthing, powerful steward of nature (towards destruction or biodiversity and abundance) lost its connection to the earth on the road of left-brained exploration. Monsanto then comes in to reveal to the primate, in the natural way that it has, that a food system that is developed, publicly subsidized, encouraged to global dominance, reliant on a public which refuses to take responsibility for its own food, monocultured, highly dependent on fossil fuels, environmentally toxic as a result of its need for a massive amount of chemical fertilizer and pesticides....certain principles of the natural world that the left-brained primate has forgotten. Poly-cultured food systems are stronger because they respect the holistic structure of nature, community food is healthier and so the mushroom wills that we return to community-living we once enjoyed, strong healthy abundant food systems require respect and protracted observation of our environment and this will have the effect of creating a hominid that is better adapted for survival.

I don't think it's technology vs. the natural world, or right-brained vs left-brained but we have been unbalanced on our road to robotic surgery, space exploration and the internet and it's possible that the fungus desires we cultivate more balance. What better example of our love-affair with only certain sciences when a self-professed highly-developed primate could create something as unscientific, environmentally destructive (and so therefore self-destructive), and as unsustainable as Monsanto. Sorry if this is a mild derailment but I believe everything in an ecosystem has a purpose/niche and so the question of what is Monsanto's in the human ecosystem was a interesting one to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlickMcFavorite

What an interesting observation. I wonder if this primate can get in so deep that all their is left, is some sort of death wish, as an escape from self imposed misery, as the protection of the ecosystem requires that if this disruption to the ecosystem continues then their will be no eco system.

So in its response to protect itself, it must cause the offending organisms to self terminate, its behaviour. Their are many ways it can do this, but I think apart from the obvious, like war. Which is to damaging, to the general whole, or the poisoning of food sources, again to damaging to the whole. Perhaps the adjustment of spores to disrupt the behaviour of the offender, to bring it back into harmony, might be the way it would go.

But then again the reality we perceive, may have already have been adjusted. The freedom we think we have ,might just be an illusion , and the eco system might requires a great die off, as it has in the past. To start a new version of itself. Using us as a tool in the purpose.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wait a minute
Are you saying that James Cameron's theory of plants having connections like the internet in Avatar was almost 100% accurate?

What in the living frak

You got to admit that it is pretty cool
Go plants GO!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Thank you for posting.

Athough I have respect for nature and all living things I see plants from another perspective.

Plants have only the germs of consciousness. Maybe they communicate in a way we still don’t understand. But it’s a very primitive way. At least that’s what I think about it.
Their beautifulness or sometimes ugliness has only one purpose: surviving on a not so stable planet.

From www.evawaseerst.be...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join