It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN, too, trafficked in ‘no-go zone’ chatter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The French government has listed 750 areas determined to be “Sensitive Urban Zones (Zones Urbaine Sensibles, or ZUS).”

The Swedish government has listed 186 “exclusion areas,” along with 55 no-go zones. Swedish blogger Matt Danielsson has described the areas as “crowded, predominantly Muslim immigrant ghettos, where education is low, employment is lower and the only local business thriving is drug dealing.”

Germany’s Steinke Institut (SI) has mapped 51 separate areas which have been explained as “law-free” and with “high danger potential.” The German website Politically Incorrect evaluation found that the vast majority of them had troublesome problems having “something to do with the I-word (Islam),”

UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage has said that British leaders too have been afraid to tackle Islam-oriented issues in the UK, and allowed for “big ghettos” to develop. Regarding the no-go zones versus Sensitive Urban Zones argument, Farage explained that the issue was a “matter of semantics.” He said that the British and French governments have failed to accept that “there’s a massive problem with lack of integration.” CBS’s 60 Minutes show sent a crew to London and found that the streets are an “alternate reality” at night where Sharia patrols bully people who are drinking alcohol, people who they think are homosexuals, and women who aren’t fully covered by clothing. Additionally, the UK’s Islamic population is twice as likely to join the Islamic State terror group than the UK armed forces.

Belgium also has several de facto no-go zones where police are putting themselves at risk simply for entering. In the Belgian city of Flanders, a police officer who recently attempted to make an arrest was met with fierce resistance by a Muslim m

In the Netherlands, the government has released a list of 40 “no-go” zones.

Furthermore, some regions in Russia commonly known as hotbeds for radical Islam, including Chechnya and Dagestan, have been described as a “virtual no-go zone” for Russians and tourist
www.csmonitor.com...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

60 min.

www.mrctv.org...

'Sharia Patrols' Harassing Citizens in London, Belgium, Sweden

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Careful. Your bias is showing. Rachel Maddow is just as divisive as any of those you name; you just don't see it as such because you agree with her POV more than the others you list. To me she's a flaming idiot, but then she's about 180 degrees diametrically opposed in her POV.

Try considering that the next time you listen to any pundit.

If you agree with what they are saying, then they are going to be far less irritating or idiotic or divisive than if you don't. I don't bother listening to the pundits with whom I disagree. I simply read those POVs because I can digest it much easier when I don't have to hear it.

edit on 21-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

CNN got swept up in the lies too? No surprise there. Fact checking in the media world is only done AFTER you get called on your bs, until then you have free reign to say whatever you want or repeat whatever nonsense someone else says.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Nigel Farage: French threat to sue Fox News over no-go zone claims is 'incomprehensible'
Nigel Farage says that France needs to accept it has a 'massive problem' with the lack of integration in its cities in wake of Paris shooting

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Germany’s Sharia No-Go Zones
Posted By Andrew Harrod On November 11, 2013 @ 12:34 am In Daily Mailer,FrontPage |

www.frontpagemag.com...

An April 16, 2013, GA article, for example, noted in general that Bonn area “investigators and judges no longer conceal” that “more than 90% of all youth criminality is perpetrated by youth with an immigration background.” An earlier August 30, 2007, article in a regional boulevard paper, meanwhile, discussed the “Bad Go” gang in BadGo comprised of young adolescents “mostly from Arab families.” During a television report about the gang, one of the youths had discussed Hezbollah and how “you only come into paradise when the Israelis fight against you…and you then kill them…holy war, so to speak.”

A subsequent October 27, 2009, article in Germany’s conservative Die Welt newspaper elaborated BadGo’s development from a “pretty city area” to “tough streets” as one of the “crass consequences” of the capital’s move from Bonn to Berlin. Although Die Welt rejected equivalency with the Bronx, Berlin’s Neukölln, or notorious Paris suburbs, nonetheless “‘BadGo’ had become for many a ‘NoGo.’” Die Welt described a “new conflict” in BadGo in which “immigrant children, who see themselves as disadvantaged losers, take up position against elite offspring from well-to-do homes.” One anonymous 17-year-old college preparatory student, for example, discussed avoiding BadGo where “Kanaken” (a German derogatory term for South Europeans, Turks, and other majority-Muslim peoples) lie in wait to mug.

In particular, Ingrid Müller-Münch, the author of a 2009 book on BadGo discussed by Die Welt, described at the book’s homepage a gang assault upon a preparatory school summer pre-graduation party. Gang members suddenly emerged from cars and assaulted celebrating seniors in a public park with baseball bats, knives, and crowbars, taking cellphones and money while leaving behind bruises. Rather than an “isolated incident,” this attack is one of several in which “pre-graduation parties are downright stormed and messed up.” Graduating seniors accordingly fear publicly announcing their parties.

In this environment, Die Welt reported, “immigrant youth gangs, whose tone is determined by Gangsta Rap and Kanaken-German and who proudly name themselves ‘foreigners,’ want to profile themselves with violence.” “What is mostly treated as a taboo is clearly spoken here” among the individuals interviewed by Die Welt: “Youth with an ‘immigrant background’ are—in their own estimate—more violence prone than Germans. The German hierarchy of law and values is not recognized.” As on

The Rise of Islamic No-Go Zones
August 31, 2011

www.frontpagemag.com...

Three and a half years ago, one of the Church of England’s most senior bishops, Pakistani-born Michael Nazir-Ali, warned that Islamic extremists had created “no-go”areas across Britain too dangerous for non-Muslims to enter. His politically incorrect concern sparked a firestorm of denial and criticism. The Muslim Council of Britain, for example, dismissed it as the Bishop’s “frantic scaremongering” and “intolerance,” and scoffed,

We wouldn’t allow “no-go” areas to happen. I smell extreme intolerance when people criticise multiculturalism without proper evidence of what has gone wrong.

Well, the evidence of how multiculturalism “has gone wrong” is in. This week Soeren Kern at the Hudson Institute documented the proliferation of such no-go zones throughout Europe

Swedish Police Release Extensive Report Detailing Control Of 55 ‘No-Go Zones’ By Muslim Criminal Gangs

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Ask yourselves why the French government and Parisian media would not want their dirty laundry aired out in the American public.

The city of lights looses some of its romantic charm with the specter of islamic hate rears it's ugly head doesn't it?

I posted in another thread my own personal, first hand experience in a Parisian 'No-Go Zone.'

Riding a scooter through, and actually walking down a sidewalk are two entirely different things, and actually do lead to different outcomes.

There is still another reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I'm just not seeing the evidence of no go zones.

Make you a deal...you buy my ticket, put me up in a hotel for a night and pay for my dinner at a sweet little restaurant on the Rue du Bac and I'll personally introduce you to evidence of a No Go Zone.

I'll foot the bill for your taxi to the outskirts, point you in the direction to walk and finish my frog leggs while you get beaten to a bloody pulp.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Basically it works like this - Someone finds and presumed "expert" and runs with it, and once one news source has it and goes with it, then everyone else picks it up and assumes the first guys did the due diligence. If the "expert" isn't who or what they claim, then someone can wind up with egg on their face.

If you dig into the NFL head injury thing, that's what's going on. The original source can't produce the material to back their claims and never mind that soccer produces as many brain injuries every year as football possibly more due to both heading the ball and the lack of any head protection.

John Stossel did an excellent piece about how the media digs up its experts and does reporting on things the reporters have no knowledge of.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I kind of knew that, but thanks for posting it anyways. No accountability in media anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Operation Trojan Horse

en.wikipedia.org...

think about it

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Or how about you go to this no go zone and film your experience for all of us who aren't capable of doing it?
edit on 21-1-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Fox news isn't worried at all because they already won a court case that says they are allowed to lie their asses off, it's all good.

So the real problem here are the people who take Fox News at face value and parrot their lies which spread like a plague.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Fox news isn't worried at all because they already won a court case that says they are allowed to lie their asses off, it's all good.

So the real problem here are the people who take Fox News at face value and parrot their lies which spread like a plague.

I think maybe the real problem is people that take any news source at face value. This thread is about CNN. There is another thread specifically about Fox. If you want to complain about Fox, be my guest but let's be honest. CNN and other 'news' sources are just as bad.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Khaleesi because: grammer

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh I agree they all are pretty awful but Fox reigns king as the worst. This thread is about CNN and FOX since you're the one who brought FOX up.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Oh I agree they all are pretty awful but Fox reigns king as the worst. This thread is about CNN and FOX since you're the one who brought FOX up.

Look at the title of the thread. I mentioned Fox in the OP because the OP of the Fox thread basically told one member not to discuss CNN. Go bash Fox on that thread please.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here is my old topic from 2010, that might shine some light in the subject

Is Sweden is being destroyed ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

hello!!!!
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Just because you made this thread doesn't at all mean you get to dictate how we comment on it.

Fox news is the reason this thread exists. I can bash on them all I want because they've earned it. Are you a Fox news fan because only a fan would be upset about the so called bashing.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

The thread topic is about CNN, and their actions.

Stick to talking about the topic and not each other.

Post that do so will be considered Off Topic and will be removed.

Post not about the actual topic are also Off topic and will be removed.

Stick to discussing the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Just because you made this thread doesn't at all mean you get to dictate how we comment on it.

Fox news is the reason this thread exists. I can bash on them all I want because they've earned it. Are you a Fox news fan because only a fan would be upset about the so called bashing.

No, I am not a Fox fan. If you read my posts, you will notice that I dislike them too. That being said, this thread is about CNN and I believe you are attempting to change the subject of the thread. I am not attempting to dictate how you respond. I am just pointing out there is another thread that is specifically bashing Fox. You seem determined to change the subject of this thread. That is called thread drift. Please stop.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Debunking the Myth of Muslim-Only Zones in Major European Cities

The story didn't die there. Nigel Farage, head of Britain's anti-immigrant U.K. Independence Party, asserted on Jan. 13 that there were no-go zones "right across Europe. We have got no-go zones across most of the big French cities," he told Fox News. Another Fox commentator, Nolan Peterson, has been posting online reports this week saying that some 750 areas in France have been "marked as off-limits by French authorities, restricting access by police and other emergency services."

Nigel Farage tells Fox News there are no-go zones for non-Muslims in France

Farage’s comments follow several other interventions over the last five days, which have been criticised by David Cameron and Ed Miliband for attempting to make political gains from the murders of French citizens by Islamists.

I trust that Farage guy as much as I do Emerson and Fox News.

How Did The Muslim 'No-Go Zones' Myth Get Started Anyway?

The term “no-go zone” has been pervasive among anti-Islam commentators on the right for years despite a lack of evidence. The conservative Washington Times has run several articles since 2002 referring to "no-go" areas in Europe, including an op-ed titled "Experiencing asylum insanity."

The writer, Marian Kester Coombs, ridiculed a British reporter who overheard a resident of Burnley, England say that it wasn't a nice place to walk around at night.

"Why don't you? Because Asian gangs spawned by generations of immigrants squeezed into local 'council estates' will beat your head in for you if you're white, that's why," she wrote. "And during the day, should you approach one of the [overwhelmingly Muslim] 'no-go' areas in dozens of British villages, towns and cities, you risk facing, at the very least, waves of hostility that are turning life in this once pleasant land into a misery for its native inhabitants."

Apparently this myth has been around for a lil while now and only thriving amongst those who are looking to demonize Islam.

Now do these zones exist in Sweden? I have no clue, I found a pdf supposedly from the Swedish gov't but I can't read it because I only speaks the English. It's this report that many outlets source as proof of the said no go zone.

Swedish PDF

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I bash CNN just as much as I do Fox. I'm sure we can all agree on hating the MSM equally. I'm definitely not changing the discusssion here and that's because everything I've discussed is all related. The topic of CNN, well as I've pointed out in my other posts, aren't the only outlet besides Fox who report on the non sense of no go zones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join