It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS musicians: Interested in collaborating our talents for a 'virtual' band?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I'm pretty sure that device is more than enough. All i'm using is an app 8-track recorder 24 bit on my phone. The only thing you need to do is to be able to convert your file to a .wav format and share it online which I'm sure that thing can do. I think dropbox is the route we're going. Save your file and drop it into dropbox for the rest of us to grab from the cloud and add to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Boss recorders are awesome little machines. If you can connect it to your comp via USB it would be easy to use. If not you will have to master your track and burn it to a CD before uploading it. I had a BR1600 back in the day. It was really user friendly it just didn't have USB.

Save your self some money. Get a recording program and buy a $100 interface, you will get higher quality recordings for half the price.
edit on 14115p41422 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

What aspects do you need help with... I don't run logic I use reaper and or cubase. They are basically all the same. So I could help with that.oo. If he is down I'll get home to join ATS too so we can all be in contact through here and that way it stays an ATS band

What I need help with is probably very simple and basic, just never done it before. Such as; Getting the tracks in and out of my recording program. Would I drop those back in Dropbox or Soundcloud? I guess I'll dive in headfirst and figure it out as we go. Last time recording I got frustrated editing with Addictive drums in Logic. I would change something and then couldn't fix it and get back where I started. Maybe working in GB would be better for me IDK?

I'll get a dropbox account going today. Thank's, Snyp

Edit: Got Dropbox going will IM you guys with contact info.

edit on 22-1-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: snypwsd

What aspects do you need help with... I don't run logic I use reaper and or cubase. They are basically all the same. So I could help with that.oo. If he is down I'll get home to join ATS too so we can all be in contact through here and that way it stays an ATS band

What I need help with is probably very simple and basic, just never done it before. Such as; Getting the tracks in and out of my recording program. Would I drop those back in Dropbox or Soundcloud? I guess I'll dive in headfirst and figure it out as we go. Last time recording I got frustrated editing with Addictive drums in Logic. I would change something and then couldn't fix it and get back where I started. Maybe working in GB would be better for me IDK?

I'll get a dropbox account going today. Thank's, Snyp

Edit: Got Dropbox going will IM you guys with contact info.

OK click on file... There should be something that says "render" or render track. Most of the programs have that. Or it may say export or export track. That is what you want to click. Then you should be able to render the track. Just make sure you export in 24 bit sample rate instead of 16 bit. You should see that after you click render or export. I hope that helps if not let me know and I will look it up for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

What key are you in for wave 6?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

I'm playing A minor then move to an f sharp on the low E

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think I ran into a snag. I have a couple of apps which have a copy and paste feature so you can place them into tracks on other apps. But when dragging and dropping a whole new mp4a or wav file directly into one of the apps via itunes, I'm unable to access it.

This is needed so we can forward our files to each other and import them directly into the project for mixing.
Any ideas?

I do however, only have the default 2 track player in jamup and was thinking of purchasing the entire 8-track hoping there would be an import feature included.

eta: got it.
edit on 23-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey guys, Sax and keyboard player now added to dropbox, we're going to work on Baker Street. Just missing vocals.

Anyone here like to sing?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Drums are locked in now too. My buddy has agreed to play drums for us.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And the hardest part for last. An ATS singer who isn't shy. Going to be a tough sell. Maybe once we get momentum and some stuff recorded...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Can you tell me where I can find the music uploaded by the ATS members contributing? I bought the BR800 and at the moment finding my way around the device. I must say it is a powerful and compact machine.

Thx

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Nice! Do you play guitar as well?

If you IM me your email I can add you to the dropbox.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yep... guitar. Always wanted to play piano, sax and violin but guitar was laying around the house, so...
Got a message coming your way.. IM is a personal message right?

Thx

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
New track added. Just a quick first guitar for the Pretender. No metronome so I'm off a little but give it a listen and I'll do a better version if I have bass and percussion to play to. I think all recordings should probably start with bass and drums right?
Anyway, still experimenting with different sounds I want from the amp kit, doesn't have to be this one.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
New track added. Just a quick first guitar for the Pretender. No metronome so I'm off a little but give it a listen and I'll do a better version if I have bass and percussion to play to. I think all recordings should probably start with bass and drums right?
Anyway, still experimenting with different sounds I want from the amp kit, doesn't have to be this one.

They are coming, its been a busy few days for me. I'm working on it though.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What's your opinion on the foo tune? Too heavy?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Ok, here's a fresh idea. With the advancement of the internet, music applications and latest technology gadgets, one of the most underrated achievements of the early 21st century is the ability to make music with others without ever stepping into a jam spot. No age barriers, no personality conflicts, no rental space and no gear transportation. I would like to propose a new take on the meaning of "jamming" and take it to the next level.

I'm calling on guitar players, horn, bass, drummers and even vocalists whom would like to collaborate together and well, make music. Beginners, intermediate or professional, it does't matter, there is a spot for you. How can this be achieved? With the cloud. I'm sure by now everyone has a smart phone or tablet and with that we can now finally have the freedom to record and upload tracks for others to download and lay down their own. There are a variety of applications to help you achieve this. For guitar players, there's a couple of products on the market that I'm aware of, one of which I already have.

1. iRig by IK Multimedia
www.ikmultimedia.com...

iRig 2 is the new and improved version of the groundbreaking and best selling iRig guitar interface. Featuring everything you loved about iRig, it has powerful sound and streamlined convenience, and it packs essential new features like versatile gain control, a 1/4" amplifier output and Android compatibility into its sleek pocketable enclosure.

2. Jam by Apogee
www.apogeedigital.com...

JAM brings the legendary sound quality of Apogee to iPad®, iPhone® and Mac. Now guitarists can have a pocket-sized, plug in and play interface at an unprecedented price and experience ultimate tone with the guitar amps and effects in Apple’s GarageBand and Logic Pro or other compatible applications.

Here's a quick video to show the product that I use. No lugging of amps nor peddles, variety of different sounds from well known brands and simple plug'n play. The app interface "jamup" is free and will not disappoint. Expansion models extra.

There's another app for the iRig called Vocal live which I have as well. Comes with a built in 4-track and file sharing via wifi to your computer. Great for laying down vocals with pitch ranges and a plethora of other effects. You can plug in your guitar to that too or just record "free air" with your built in mic.

Now with some of the products out of the way, I would like to talk about the possibilities. I would like set up musical collaboration with anyone who has the same interest as me. I would like to hear what you can do and see where it goes from there. Have an original piece you're dying to get out there? Maybe you have a knack for writing melodies and hooks? Perhaps you would like to challenge yourself with a solo? Or maybe you would like to do a cover song? Maybe even have an ATS battle of the bands contest? Just never know how this might turn out, perhaps a one-hit-wonder might come out of this. Make new friends and play with people from the other side of the planet whom you would never get a chance to meet before.

A little about me:

I've been playing for about 25 years. Hardly a pro but I somehow manage to find myself around a guitar ok. I don't get the opportunity to play live or jam with anyone since I moved to my city 11 years ago. My musical influences are classic rock, hard rock and blues. Lately my blues has been taking off. Some bands I like to cover are Foo fighters, Radiohead, Led Zep, ACDC to give you an idea of the range. I play acoustic or electric, just recently bought a new guitar and have been finally been practicing my soloing; haven't had an electric for about 14 years. I can sing ok but my range is limited. Prefer to be in the background anyway. I would really like to do some blues with a raspy female voice so if you've got that I would love to experiment.

Right now I'm working on "ride on" - ACDC and I've pretty much got 95% of the solo down. I've also got Gerry Doucette's "mama let him play" about 99% down (a real underrated song of its time) and I've got a small handful of originals. Easy listening, bluesy type sounds.
To get the show started, here's a link to one I've uploaded. It has just three tracks, drums, rhythm and lead acoustic. The arrangement isn't final but it gives you and idea of what I like to do. Still could use some lyrics and vocals along with a bass melody. It's currently set to private but If you would like to take a stab at it, IM me and I can set it so you can download it and lay down your own track.
soundcloud.com...

So there you have it. I hope this thread is successful and with a little time and momentum, perhaps it will take off once the creative juices and time investment begin to flow.

Cheers.

Hey guyz ... another guitarist if the slots are still available . I am from Nepal nd have been playing since 9 years.. currently residing in Bangalore and doing gigs here. Just wanted to jam wit other musicians too so message me if there is any availability !!
Rock On!!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have to say this sounds like an amazing group and idea. I am an iPad wielding musician myself and would love to join in. I haven't heard any of what you all are working on, but I am happy to contribute (without fear) some female vocals since that seems needed (I have quite a wide range both low and high). I am not a pro but have been working at producing various forms of electronic music, since 2003 and I and love many varied styles of music. I played drums in a rock band and was on my high school drumline waaaay back when.

I can also offer assistance to anyone with questions about doing things in the iPad and various apps. I spent most of the past two years using nothing but the iPad to work on music. I don't have a whole lot of hardware equipment but I shall have a lovely Novation Launchkey 25 to make use of in a day or two. I am slowly getting my rear in gear (no pun!)

I don't mind a challenge, and or trying something new I just want to connect to other musicians and make music and have a good time. If you guys think I can be of any use here, hit me up in a message and I will see what I can do!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

The music dropbox has been temporarily shut down due to lack of popular interest. If someone is willing to contribute some of their free time and have some recordings to add instead of just myself, then maybe I can start it again.

<< 1   >>

join