It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no way to defend this Drug War logic, but...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone If it were legal I would. Instead of them stealing everything they'd actually get help if it were legal instead of going into prison and obtaining new sources then released with no change what so ever, usually they're worse because they no longer have that fear of getting locked up. Use your head. I've witnessed that cycle time and time again. The town I live in is riddled with Meth Heads. They just go back to prison or jail and rejoin old friends. It's absurd to think it helps anyone.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jrod

www.8newsnow.com...

You still didn't answer my question, would you hire, work with or trust them with your kids?

Yes he did answer your question. Your reading comprehension must be very low

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is one of the issues where no one can be swayed from their original viewpoint. Just like with Portugal they'll say 'well we're NOT them!'

Show them a person who can function normally on drugs. "Well for every ONE person that can handle it there is a hundred that cant!'

The stigma is too strong for many. In a couple generations, maybe one if we're lucky have to pass on before we reach this point.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psykotik

originally posted by: thesaneone

www.8newsnow.com...

You still didn't answer my question, would you hire, work with or trust them with your kids?

Yes he did answer your question. Your reading comprehension must be very low

a reply to: thesaneone There are many good parents who are prescribed meth aka Desoxyn for narcolepsy, chronic fatigue and other legitimate issues. Also I do not know what you truly mean by meth head. No worse than an alcoholic I would assume, however 'meth heads' tend to me much more productive in the work place, especially in jobs that require a lot of labor. I personally believe the meth problem in the US would not be nearly as bad if the youth were not prescribed amphetamines like candy for 'treating' ADHD. Hook-em while they're young works well for the cigarette industry too. Not sure who one addiction is much worse than the other. At least someone on Meth would be awake and have energy when watching kids, someone on Heroin or prescription painkillers, anxiety medicine, anti-depressants ect. run the risk of passing out. edit on 16-1-2015 by jrod because: (no reason given)

Can you show me where he answered me?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Should be legalized and sold at drugstores at 1/2 street value. Register users at point of sale.

This wold virtually halt property crime, impoverish gangs and cartels, close prisons, reduce police numbers and restore civil liberties.

Use funds from sales for treatment programs

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

You can't have legalized hard drugs.

People on hard drugs are useless.

It's like saying to people, here you go, take some drugs and do absolutely nothing while you do, pick up your welfare check and be happy.

It's having unemployment on purpose and a big finger to the working class.

Really? The regular use of Opium didn't seem to affect the vitality of the immigrant Chinese railway workers who built the North American railway systems in the late 1800's. Chinese workers were also as a rule given the most back-breaking and dangerous work to do.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

For every one guy that can handle it, there are a hundred that can't.

It makes no sense to create drug users for tax money.

It might be there are social or mental causes behind hard drugs, but, those aren't going away just because hard drugs are legalized, it will just be a "go ahead" for those who doesn't understand the line "don't do drugs".

Have you ever heard the term recreational drugs? Why is it any of your business what I do in the confines of my own home with my body if I want to shoot smoke or drop something to have fun it is none of your business. Just like it is none of my business what you do in your own home by your self or between concenting adults. I like to use the anolgee that if I pick up someone and went home and had sex that is legal but if I pay that person money then it is illegal. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That is a question that deserves no answer.

Quit playing the emotional card and look at the facts.

Why is someone high on meth so evil? In my eyes it is less harmful than a drunk. As far a cognitive abilities go, meth is less evil than alcohol.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Lol, okay so you wouldn't that's what I thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TokiTheDestroyer

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: TokiTheDestroyer

Actually coc aine, heroin(at least close relatives of), and meth are already legal with a doctor's Rx.

The War on Drugs is too profitable for it to end. The Prisons get most of their slave labor as a result of the drug laws, drug prices are hyper inflated also which is great for profiteering.

Legal with a prescription and legal recreational availability are two entirely different subjects.
And I don't think meth in and of itself has any medical relevance or is prescribed, if you're talking about Adderal, that's amphetamine salts, not the same thing.

Desoxyn is pharmaceutical grade Methamphetamine and it's used in adult cases of ADD/ADHD when the usual amphetamine salts are shown to be ineffective.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: thesaneone

That is a question that deserves no answer.

Quit playing the emotional card and look at the facts.

Why is someone high on meth so evil? In my eyes it is less harmful than a drunk. As far a cognitive abilities go, meth is less evil than alcohol.

Except for the fact that long term use of methamphetamine has been shown to cause psychosis. A drunk will drink till he passes out. A meth head will stay up for days. The combination of the drug and sleep deprivation causes a dangerous state where the user may have difficulty in telling reality from hallucinations.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Should be legalized and sold at drugstores at 1/2 street value. Register users at point of sale.

This wold virtually halt property crime, impoverish gangs and cartels, close prisons, reduce police numbers and restore civil liberties.

Use funds from sales for treatment programs

Sound logic. Except for the fact that you would be cutting out the CIA and their illicit profiteering. When we went to war in Afghanistan the Taliban had outlawed the growing of opium. Now Afghanistan sets records every year for the amount of opium and heroin produced.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You are spot on good sir!

The pharmaceutical cartel and their representatives (Medical Doctors) are systematically creating an entire generation of junkies in the form of the pain killers. People are victims and the do not even realize it due to the drug dealer being a professional they believe has their best interests in mind, when really they willingly push hardcore drugs in pill form.

Lets talk about the speed they hand out to children, younger and younger, whats that you say, the child does not wish to sit in a desk and memorize things, well obviously he needs some Tender Loving Medication! Is it any wonder that when children grow into teenagers their brains are fried and they need tranquilizer, which are extremely addictive or anti-depressants that result in a zombified emotionless state?

Customers for life is the name of the game specifically in the legal market. It is acceptable, which is disgusting in far more ways than one, Alcohol being case and point!

The discussion of legalization is quite simple, does using a drug make you a criminal? For the life of me I can not understand why people think that this could ever be acceptable. Experiencing altered states of consciousness is a natural human right and desire, drugs used to be plants, using them in the natural form should not only be accepted, things such as psychedelics should be encouraged for their therapeutic purposes.

On to the issue that people raise about Meth, obviously it is something that should not be encouraged. Society in general understands this and those poor souls who have become addicted to it should not be criminals unless their behavior causes them to harm to another. If they are simply addicted to meth, we as a society should seek to offer them assistance.

You can not have Alcohol, the only drug you can die from detoxing from, and cigarettes, literally designed to addict and kill legal, while saying other drugs are not ok to be legalized and regulated.

Wake up people, the war on drugs in and always will be never ending, while creating more prison/police/dea and simultaneously the rampant corruption we see.

Legalize drugs and put the money you would save on prison/police/dea into programs to help those suffering and areas that are currently destroyed i.e. ghettos and see what will happen.

To all of you naysayers what do you have to lose, s### has already gotten to a point that we simply turn a blind eye to!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmFriday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Loved that explanation elementalgrove! I fully agree. For the life of me WHY do people think legalizing drugs means EVERYONE including grandparents and children will SPRINT to the nearest store or corner to buy drugs??? HAHAHA absolutely absurd. Alcohol and cigarettes are legally sold in stores, and I don't buy EITHER of them! I may have a beer now and then, but why aren't I an alcoholic or addicted to nicotine? I choose not to be. Just because a product is made illegal doesn't make it any less obtainable!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Yet many mothers are prescribed amphetamines doctors, sometimes just as an aide for weight loss. There are a plethora of other drugs that can be possibly abused that a routinely prescribed to parents. The 'what about the children argument' is good for a rabble rouse of young naive parents, however it does not offer any real world solutions.

I have no solution to the addiction problem, however criminalizing drug addiction causes more problems than the addiction itself.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

ty elememtal thats exactly my point ... bullseye !

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you guys did read my links I hope.. While you share emotions and heart felt information about my topic, not one of you discussed the bigger picture I tryed to present here. Might as well just say it, we all know drugs is easy money.... WHERE IS THE DRUG MONEY GOING? every time you get high you donate 50 cents to the mars colonization. Just fyi

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join