It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no way to defend this Drug War logic, but...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
End the Drug war, legalize everything, Tax heavily, shut down Mexico's cartels. Why is that so hard??? Well start here :

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.theguardian.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

And you claim CIA cant do it? /wink:

www.aljazeera.com...

And to do what? Project Horizon perhaps?

en.wikipedia.org...

Need some help on this one. Its widely ignored yet the second biggest market in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I suspect it's the 'legalize everything' step in your plan that is the most difficult one.
Lots of people are not into legalizing street drugs at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

People would still buy it from the black markets as it would be tax free.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am pro legalization of marijuana but we do not need to legalize coc aine, crack, heroin, pcp, or meth.

I really, REALLY don't want any more crack/meth heads running around than we already have.
edit on 1/16/15 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TokiTheDestroyer

Actually coc aine, heroin(at least close relatives of), and meth are already legal with a doctor's Rx.

The War on Drugs is too profitable for it to end. The Prisons get most of their slave labor as a result of the drug laws, drug prices are hyper inflated also which is great for profiteering.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Portugal did it. And it's had a positive effect on its country. Instead of shaming drug users they give a healing hand.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: TokiTheDestroyer

Actually coc aine, heroin(at least close relatives of), and meth are already legal with a doctor's Rx.

The War on Drugs is too profitable for it to end. The Prisons get most of their slave labor as a result of the drug laws, drug prices are hyper inflated also which is great for profiteering.

Legal with a prescription and legal recreational availability are two entirely different subjects.
And I don't think meth in and of itself has any medical relevance or is prescribed, if you're talking about Adderal, that's amphetamine salts, not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You can't have legalized hard drugs.

People on hard drugs are useless.

It's like saying to people, here you go, take some drugs and do absolutely nothing while you do, pick up your welfare check and be happy.

It's having unemployment on purpose and a big finger to the working class.

edit on 16-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Oh I think it can work, is just changing the culture in the USA may present the bigger challenge.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

You are assuming all drug users use for the sake of the high. When majority of them use for mental or society issues.

Think of this. Why do most people become alcoholics? Because they like beer or whiskey? No it has a deeper issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's a shame that everything isn't legalized and taxed. Let natural selection take its course. Thin out the population a little. Raise some tax money. Clear out the jail systems (further saving tax money). End the drug war (further saving tax money). It's win/win/win/win!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

JFK was on 'hard drugs' throughout the course of his presidency.

Interesting how topics like this quickly degrade into a bunch of slurs that essentially dehumanization those who use or addicted to illegal drugs.

Meanwhile, legal doctor prescribed drugs cause more deaths and more problems, but that is okay as long as Big Pharma turns a profit.

The War on Drugs was never about stopping drug use, it is about controlling whose drugs one buys.
edit on 16-1-2015 by jrod because: typo gremlin

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

For every one guy that can handle it, there are a hundred that can't.

It makes no sense to create drug users for tax money.

It might be there are social or mental causes behind hard drugs, but, those aren't going away just because hard drugs are legalized, it will just be a "go ahead" for those who doesn't understand the line "don't do drugs".

edit on 16-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You know caffeine is a drug too.

Seems like you are just playing the emotional card here, no real facts. Just the usual 'drug users and bad lazy people who do not want to work' which is a flawed way of looking at drug use and society in general.

The workplace is full of people on drugs, both illegal and legal.

edit on 16-1-2015 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Would you want to work or live next to someone who is addicted to meth? Would you trust them around your kids?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No i'm trying to discuss.

You bring up caffeine, really

Seems like you are just playing the emotional card here, no real facts. Just the usual 'drug users and bad lazy people who do not want to work' which is a flawed way of looking at drug use and society in general.

Hmm...I don't think you get it

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I suspect it's the 'legalize everything' step in your plan that is the most difficult one.
Lots of people are not into legalizing street drugs at all.

i know people who would sooner spend their last five bucks on what-have-you than put it towards rent or retirement.

to legalize such drugs outright is to say we no longer care about our future or those we share it with.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

There are many good parents who are prescribed meth aka Desoxyn for narcolepsy, chronic fatigue and other legitimate issues.

Also I do not know what you truly mean by meth head.

No worse than an alcoholic I would assume, however 'meth heads' tend to me much more productive in the work place, especially in jobs that require a lot of labor.

I personally believe the meth problem in the US would not be nearly as bad if the youth were not prescribed amphetamines like candy for 'treating' ADHD. Hook-em while they're young works well for the cigarette industry too.

Not sure who one addiction is much worse than the other. At least someone on Meth would be awake and have energy when watching kids, someone on Heroin or prescription painkillers, anxiety medicine, anti-depressants ect. run the risk of passing out.

edit on 16-1-2015 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

edit on 16-1-2015 by Psykotik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

www.8newsnow.com...

You still didn't answer my question, would you hire, work with or trust them with your kids?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join