It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black LIves Matter - Protesters force diversion of ambulance carrying badly injured man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Jamie1

What cause do you think they are endearing the people to who they blocked from getting to work?

I don't think they are out to endear anyone, in fact, I think they WANT to cause disruption.
That is about the only way they will ever see any changes,
and that might not even work,
and that is what it is all about.
IMO

Causing "disruption" to innocent civilians is the same thing the terrorists did in Paris.

So you're ok with "disrupting" innocent lives because you feel it's ok to force your will on somebody else?

Why is that?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

They could have found a better way to protest. I support their right to assemble without question but I don't agree with blocking roads unless there is an official cordon and pre-planned detour, just for situations like this. I don't think blocking traffic is going to win the hearts and minds of the public, its just gonna piss people off. No one like sitting in traffic.

Either way, I am willing to bet there would still be a thread finding some way to deride them.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

That is just what they are doing, and yes, because nothing else has seemed to change anything, I am all for them protesting where ever and when ever.

Nothing changes unless people stand up and force changes.
It is a pretty simple idea, and effective.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

What exactly is the cause? That's what I can't figure out.

If the cause is a protest against police brutality against all people...o.k., I get that.

Or is the point that Blacks are unfairly targeted by the cops and are dished out disproportionately bad handling?

I can't quite make out where they're going with this. And I don't think I'm altogether alone in that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That is just what they are doing, and yes, because nothing else has seemed to change anything, I am all for them protesting where ever and when ever.

There is a time and place for everything. Endangering the livelihood and LIVES of people using that roadway is not an acceptable way to spread your message. It only serves to alienate people from your cause.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

edit on Cpm12Friday5220150931Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:52:09 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: double... appearantly?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I think it is both.

Personally though,
I am not involved in any of this, and this is all just opinion.

I was sad to see it turn into a black issue, as lots of people, all colors get beat up by over zealous officers.
A running mouth should not equal a baton upside the head, or worse.

There is a huge problem with police brutality, and there is a huge problem with people who want to do nothing more than cause trouble with police officers. The issue is very deep and goes in all directions.
No simple fix.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What you're advocating is war.

If the innocent civilians being "disrupted" want a change from being stopped from going to work by the protesters, they could "disrupt" the protesters by driving right through the crowd and killing a few, right?

You'd be ok with that?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I agree with that too.
But.

I think that a lot of people gave up on the lawful way of protesting because it just was not effective.

I am all for non-violent protest.

It sucks that people's lives get interfered with,
however, that is what is meant, to force people to deal one way or another with the issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Do you have a google alert for the word "BLACK"?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

I think it is both.

Personally though,
I am not involved in any of this, and this is all just opinion.

I was sad to see it turn into a black issue, as lots of people, all colors get beat up by over zealous officers.
A running mouth should not equal a baton upside the head, or worse.

There is a huge problem with police brutality, and there is a huge problem with people who want to do nothing more than cause trouble with police officers. The issue is very deep and goes in all directions.
No simple fix.

I agree completely, and I support the protesters with my whole heart as long they do it without disrupting the livelihood or safety of common citizens.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Whatever Jamie, I am not advocating war...lol

Just because I see it differently does not mean I want an all out civil war, I just want cops to stop shooting first and asking questions later.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: typonese again....grrrr

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I agree with that too.
But.

I think that a lot of people gave up on the lawful way of protesting because it just was not effective.

I am all for non-violent protest.

It sucks that people's lives get interfered with,
however, that is what is meant, to force people to deal one way or another with the issue.

Using unlawful and unnecessary force against innocent people in order to get your message out that the police are using unlawful and unnecessary force against innocent people.

That defies logic. It makes it look they're out for revenge and to hurt white people, not justice.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Is that not the same thing some police officers do?
They disrupt way more lives than these protesters have.

It defies logic all the way around, on all sides.
It is dumb.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Do you have a google alert for the word "BLACK"?

Why is it important to you to ask that?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That defies logic. It makes it look they're out for revenge and to hurt white people, not justice.

LooooL!!!

Tell me oh wise one how they knew that the man in the ambulance they didn't even know about had a white man inside?

Or are you suggesting that only White people drive and therefore they are intending to only affect Whites?

Get real!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What cause do you think they are endearing the people to who they blocked from getting to work?

I don't think they are out to endear anyone, in fact, I think they WANT to cause disruption.
That is about the only way they will ever see any changes,
and that might not even work,
and that is what it is all about.
IMO

I was on the street today when the protesters disrupted the San Francisco BART (subway) system and marched up Market Street. I saw people hanging from light poles, shouting angrily and unintelligibly. I heard rap music (also unintelligible) being played loudly by people with boomboxes gesticulating angrily with pants belted down around their knees so they could hardy walk. I saw toilet paper being thrown into the trees. Meanwhile, all the commuters simply passed them by without much of a reaction or acknowledgement.

Unfortunately, no. Causing disruption to create social change is not really what it's about for many of the protesters. Causing a disruption simply because they can, or causing a disruption because they have a chip on the shoulder is what it's about for many. Before I get lambasted, I must say that there are some protesters who meet your description of trying to bring about change. But I see their numbers dwindling and the idiots (of any race) who always show up and spoil the party for everyone taking over. That's why, when the protests started in Ferguson, I was on the protesters side but as I hear see more, my perspective is gradually changing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Cant make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.....this is a duplicate of your other troll thread is it?
Your consistent with your own little propaganda campaign aren't you?

That old man neither asked to be made part of their protest nor did anything to them. So why should he have to suffer?

For all you know, he was black.

It's all peaceful protest until they kill someone. I'll bet you were all over the idea of indicting Chris Christie for Bridgegate, too.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: stirling

Stirling you seemed pretty balanced judging from your other posts. Are you going with the "two wrongs do make a right"' justification?

No I just think this is an agenda driven troll thread.....the discussion will serve to alienate the people from those who are trying to change things for the betterment of society......
Protest is the only avenue of change that is feasibly available to the people whos needs are currently not being met by the society they happen to live in.

edit on 16-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Causing disruption to create social change is not really what it's about for many of the protesters

THAT is where the problem is. It is the same in many countries when protests break out, there is always people looking to create TROUBLE.
I wish I had an answer for how to solve that,
but I don't.
I do realize that for many, it is just a chance to blow off steam and cause issues for the wrong reasons.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join