It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: [poopinion18883072]TheArrow[/post]
This thread appears to be trying to ridicule Liam Neeson for having an opinion.

He's an actor. Why does anyone give a # about what actors say. They aren't paid to think.

Which is the problem.

Opinions lead to LAWS. It's how every law gets past, and why we have had over 70 years of gun control.

That does nothing, but makes something that is already illegal more so.

Lol wut?
So people ain't allowed opinions? Well then you can't have an opinion about Liam neesons opinion. In fact you better go ahead and just close your account because everyone of your posts are riddled with opinion. Or is it just a case of people aren't allowed to voice theirs if it goes against what you believe?

I don't see anyone suggesting that there should be a law made that removes Liam's first amendment rights. Him on the other hand just said he wanted to remove our rights.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Screw Neeson ... As the saying goes "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they all stinks"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The disconnect he has seems to be that in order to justify his role as a hollywood action star he has reduced his level of influence in his own mind to his viewers as a simple mental release from watching his films. This is just not true and the recent surge of the pen is mighter than the sword view being portrayed is enough for most to realize that his role in these films goes far beyond a release and fuels a culture of people that are getting more from his films that just a release of emotions. In short he is lying to himself.

Best post in this thread. Excellent observation.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Yeah the hypocrisy is silly and so is getting carried away with the belief behind Gun ownership.

Accept it for what it is I say...
Otherwise it'll be taken for granted when the noise becomes enough to convince people to really take them away!

The Constitution is not bullet proof

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
WOW

Lots of personal attacks in this topic I see.

Doesn't everybody know the only way to take the guns away from people is for other people to use guns to take them away?

What is society left with then you ask?

"Other people with guns".

Does Liam Neeson know that the most governments have more guns at federal and local levels than any other group?

Ah that's just Neophobia.

I got thick skin.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Can you quote the part where he says he wants a law? Here is what he said

“I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns, privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [bleeping] disgrace. Every week now we are picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.'”

ETA: Neo has on multiple occasions in this thread said he wants take that right from Liam.
edit on 15-1-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: TheArrow

It only works in Japan because of a homogenous population.
Japan has a long history of social conformity unmatched in world.
Individualism and anti-social behaviors are a rarity.

Ding ding ding. Very True.

This is why you can't compare the Netherlands or the Swiss in the whole gun debate issue. They have high gun ownership, very low gun crime.

That's because they have little multi-culturalism.

~Tenth

I wonder if you could correlate per-capita gun violence to the age of a nation? Or relative to recent colonial rule..Just sayin, China and Japan have very different forms of government, but both very much have Gun Violence under control...Ditto UK, Switzerland, Netherlands...just thinking out loud.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

This man is a sell out of a man........I will say it another way he is a paper bag floating in the wind. Pathetic morally bankrupt sell out.

The best thing to do is do not watch anything with him in it. Do not pay for the theater ticket and do not buy the DVDs. Money is something these people listen to much more than there morally bankrupt values.

That's why I stopped watching Mat Damon.

link   
And back on topic:

Je suis Gun owner.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I made myself clearer in the post afterwards!!!

It is a right as in a legal entitlement... And I agree 100%.

It is not a right as is morally just... That is subjective, even if it is my belief that it is morally just.

That second and most important definition makes it my opinion that it's a right, not a fact!

If 2/3 of the House, Senate & State disagree... It's a null a void argument!

That is what I'm doing, awareness, not disagreeing.

So when the vote comes, you know to get to the polling station with your buddies, not to sit back and expect the Constitution & Bill of Rights to do the work for you, that's when it'll become Red China & Nazi Germany!
edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I got thick skin.

Making up more phobias?

That because of the discrimination and racism against banofee pies. Look I can do it too

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

I got thick skin.

Making up more phobias?

That because of the discrimination and racism against banofee pies. Look I can do it too

What 'racism' ?

Religion is a choice.

Actually religion is culture.

The way people think, act, and believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And back on topic:

Je suis Gun owner.

OMG get over your self.

Please do not try and hijack a death over your petty " i am a victim cause I am a gun owner" stance.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Swoosh

Enjoy the rest of your thread, make sure you keep a good hold of your gun, you never know when any damn Muslims or Obamas will be lurking about trying to steal your "God given rights"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is it 3/4 of the states or 2/3?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Seems to me the anti gunners/Neeson's need to get over themselves.

In the words of:

Liberté, égalité, fraternité .

JE SUIS GUN OWNER.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ya cause we are the trying to use the phrase that comes for some one being attack and killed over something.

What ever neo, have fun with your victim mentality, usually you are so against it

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yo there is a reason terrorists choose people that can't shoot back.

Ponder it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Breitbart said 2/3 of each...

If they fail in just one of those (House, Senate, State) it cannot be amended.

In all honestly it's a high improbability...
& that's a good thing to be honest because if any Nation on Earth needs to keep their Guns right now my money is on the United States.

That's an unpredictable Government to be controlled by.
& with turning their own citizens into the enemy with many outbursts in recent years, I'd rather have a Gun than not.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No, your right to defend yourself can only be oppressed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join