It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Is Building A 600-Mile 'Great Wall' To Shield Itself From ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's getting harder for people to claim this is all Saudi Arabia's doing.

One doesn't simply build a 600 mile wall to keep their own agents out.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RocketPropelledRenegade

The funeral of the three Saudi guards who were killed in the attack last week. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

There a four bodies in the pic.
No that's not a body that's called "collateral"... it's actually a just mis-shapen sandbag.

About this wall. If IS can get all the way to afghanistan through an entire country (Iran) and all the way to Libya and Egypt (on a different continental landmass) then I'm pretty sure they can bypass this wall....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They are building a wall between them and Iraq.
Maybe when they see someone spending 3 quarters of a billion dollars on a " Foreign Embassy" in Iraq- the wall is a good long term investment?
edit on 15-1-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hilarious indeed.

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Spider879

I would say this tops the list of "Chickens coming home to roost" as of late!

You reap what you sow etc etc....

Exactly.

The Al-Muchabarat al-'Amma is to ISIS what the CIA was to Al Quaida.

This proposal is PR.

originally posted by: aboutface
[...] I'm having trouble raising any sympathy for Saudi Arabia though they would have to do something to protect Mecca and Medina, I suppose.

^This is probably true though. Good point.
edit on 15-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So they couldn't take a jaunt through Jordan or Kuwait? Or would they go near Jordan after some of their cohorts were trained there?
Well if Richard Dearlove
is correct
Then this has come back to bite the Saudi terrorist sponsoring state right in the arse. But then again I will be surprised if ISIS are stupid enough to launch a full scale attack on Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow
If you want to rob every house on your street, wouldnt you wreck up your own house too to avoid suspicion?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

they would have to do something to protect Mecca and Medina, I suppose.

If the IS takes and holds Mecca, they'll have their caliphate.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
that fence+trench boundary line between the Saudi & Iraqi territories will quickly be obsolete because when ISIS wants to physically assault the Arabian Kingdom lands...IS will use their other financial supporter & benefactor Qatar as a passage way...

take a ferry to Qatar and there you are in Saudi Arabia in minutes, right near the heart of the oil fields in proximity to UAE

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man." George Patton.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: TheArrow
If you want to rob every house on your street, wouldnt you wreck up your own house too to avoid suspicion?

Yeah, I'd wreck it up, not build a 600 mile long wall.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wonder who they are going to have build the wall? The way I hear it they don't do much Manuel labor.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sounds like another Red Herring.

All designed to keep the illusions of not seeing what the other hand is doing.

I wouldn't trust much of anything coming from "official" Saudi sources.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What a fantastic idea. Makes me think our country could do something similar. Wonder where we could construct such a thing? Hmmm.....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If the Saudis would stop preaching hate in their schools, funding terror groups, and sending them fighters, they wouldn't need a wall.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors, I bet IS is getting ready to do something very provocative and this is Saudi Arabia's way of throwing people off the scent. I highly doubt Saudi Arabia is worried about IS, they have a decent air force, plus there are 2 U.S air force bases there. They would massacre IS, but it will never happen seeing that the whole thing is an inside job to begin with.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Do some real digging about ISIS..... and I am not talking about the funded terrorist group.

I am talking about ISIS one of the Gods.......

There are some rubbing their hands together with eyes rolling like a cash register......

Not on my watch!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

They are just racist xenophobic bigots for wanting to protect themselves from the muslim terrorists.

Oh,wait-those terms are only used to describe AMERICANS that want a secure border.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you piss off most of the world, I guess you have to do something.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This is actually kind of funny... are they trying to keep the evil out or in? This all pretty much started with the Saudis promoting Wahhabis, so the chickens are coming home to roost LOL. Oh, if it is a fence (or fences), lethal electric or otherwise, chances are it can be breached since I didn't design it for them ;-) It would be an interesting thread idea actually to have Countermeasure designs and security system breaches and workarounds since almost anything can be cracked.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join