It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The op once again misrepresents the information. This is 3 years down the road.

Russia on the other hand has gone stupid. As has been stated time and again this is not Russia verse the west. This is putin verse the west.

Is Moscow bluffing on redirecting European gas supplies?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Russia to Shift Ukraine Gas Transit to Turkey as EU Cries Foul

Amazing that he says NATO is a problem for Russia, yet he is going to use NATO countries to run his gas through.

Funny thing here is NATO will not say anything as to what Turkey does when dealing with Russia. Unlike what Russia has tried to do with Ukraine.

* - Not quite homie. Turkey is being pressured NOT to proceed.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Dabrazzo

No Turkey gets hassled by the EU, with whom Turkey wants to join.

So now you have Russia suddenly being ok doing business with an member of NATO and a nation who wants to join the EU.

Does Russia care? I think they do.

I think they are not done with Ukraine and I think NATO nations might be next. I think this is pre-emptive in order to prevent Turkey from blocking Russian access to the Bosporus, Dardanelles.

. . . Wow. Any other “Preventative Strikes” in the near future, there Ash Carter!?!? Everything Russia has shown has BEEN DEFENSIVE. . .

* - Look at nato/U.S. stockpiling all around Russia. . . Funny, how thats NOT the other way around. . .

* - Lol, Turkey & nato:

- - REAL solidarity there, Xcathdra:

Erdogan raps Netanyahu for 'daring' to attend Paris rally

Russia Presses Ahead With Plan for Gas Pipeline to Turkey

Moscow expects Turkish Stream gas project to enhance Europe’s energy security

Gazprom warns EU to link to Turkey pipeline or lose Russian gas

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

. . . cont.

. . . and for necessary effect;

- - Awww, poor baby, shouldn't have messed w/ Europe & Russia in their yards. Now, you only hurt america through undermining your very own european allies. . .

. . . Feel free to notify myself & the rest of ATS on “How Much I Have You By Your Balls/Ovaries”.

see sig.

edit on 22-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: .

edit on 22-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

So only Russia has a right to increase / prepare their military?

The problem with your position is the NATO increases are a direct result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine and all of Putin's speeches and references to nuclear weapons, bragging about taking 5 NATO capitals in a matter of a week etc.

You want some one to blame look at Putin.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You don't.

You do, however, have a bad habit of not researching things.

Feb 2011 - Russia condemns new EU pipeline law

2014 - Russia Considering Suing US over Sanctions

O ct 2014 Russia's Rosneft to Sue Over Sanctions Revenge Newpaper Report

Reference the above maybe putin should not have pissed off the west with a move that is on par with the bad guy in Hamlet Act 5.

Not to mention China screwing Russia over with their oil agreement. That resulted in a portion of Gazprom intrests to go to China.

Putin actually helped the EU since it allows them 3 years to find alternate sources of energy. Russias economy is based on oil revenue. Losing Europe is going to hurt Russia far more than it will hurt the EU.

Idiotic quotes from Putin only serves to reinforce to the world that he is a huge tool with nuclear weapons and little man syndrome because no one respects him.

With the Russian people catching on to Putin's lies and stupidity we will see how long Putin lasts in office. I would not be surprised if he uses the military to remain dictator for life in Russia.

Your victory lap was a bit premature their chief.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So only Russia has a right to increase / prepare their military?

The problem with your position is the NATO increases are a direct result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine and all of Putin's speeches and references to nuclear weapons, bragging about taking 5 NATO capitals in a matter of a week etc.

Sh!t, seems that nato & its puppets in eu have been preparing well in advance to Russia. . . Last I knew Russia wasn't in multiple countries gearing up . . . Would you like to prove me wrong?? I'm all ears. . .

Wrong again, frontrunner!

If you wanna blame anyone - blame: Boris Abramovich Berezovsky

. . . Xcathdra, would you like to inform the class on who Berezovsky is & why he's relevant on Putin's rise to be Russia's president?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

No since Putin is top dog and makes the final decision on what happens.

Again NATO kept NATO forces out of NATO countries that bordered Russia up until Russia invaded Ukraine. Everything Putin is complaining about in terms of NATO actions is a DIRECT result of Putins invasion of Ukraine and threats towards NATO countries.

Russia pulled the same thing in Armenia when Russia went bonkers and threatened them, forcing Armenia to not sign its EU agreement.

The cold war is over, the USSR is gone and putin is living in the 1980's.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

You don't.

You do, however, have a bad habit of not researching things.

Reference the above maybe putin should not have pissed off the west with a move that is on par with the bad guy in Hamlet Act 5.

Not to mention China screwing Russia over with their oil agreement. That resulted in a portion of Gazprom intrests to go to China.

Putin actually helped the EU since it allows them 3 years to find alternate sources of energy. Russias economy is based on oil revenue. Losing Europe is going to hurt Russia far more than it will hurt the EU.

Idiotic quotes from Putin only serves to reinforce to the world that he is a huge tool with nuclear weapons and little man syndrome because no one respects him.

With the Russian people catching on to Putin's lies and stupidity we will see how long Putin lasts in office. I would not be surprised if he uses the military to remain dictator for life in Russia.

What in the hades does this have to do with ANYTHING:

I don't even.

China hasn't screwed Russia over - the World's economy is in the Sh!tter ya numbskull. . .

Putin actually helped the EU since it allows them 3 years to find alternate sources of energy.

God, you're such an idiot. Research 1st then come back. 10yrs is your target while you're researching. . .

Losing Europe is going to hurt Russia far more than it will hurt the EU.

Yeah, so much so that this happened:

* - I'm sorry, who's crying around? Xcathdra?

Perhaps you should look at your very own fearless dear leader Obama. . . You ain't gonna do sh!t - - calling' it right now.

Umm, it would be very prudent & wise of you NOT to go that route. I can lay mucho info on you about your U.S. govt using military force in quelling american uprising. . . Your house of cards is at it's tipping point & you damn well know it.

* don't rock the boat, Xcathdra.

lol @ this. . . GTFO here w/ this. There is NO "was" - - ONLY "IS" for you, frontrunner. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

No since Putin is top dog and makes the final decision on what happens.

Oh, so you're now moving goal posts. Cool. Knew you were a weasel like that.

Again NATO kept NATO forces out of NATO countries that bordered Russia up until Russia invaded Ukraine. Everything Putin is complaining about in terms of NATO actions is a DIRECT result of Putins invasion of Ukraine and threats towards NATO countries.

Yawn nato. Wake me when Russia is Carpet-bombing Kiev. In the meantime Kiev is neck-deep in nato soldier/commanders & U.S. equipment. . .

The cold war is over, the USSR is gone and putin is living in the 1980's.

Says the person pushing the Cold War 2.0 doctrine. You're such a troll it's not even funny. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Cold war 2.0 is again the creation of Putin's megalomania and his Napoleon syndrome .

There is absolutely nothing in your post that is factual.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Again, says the person pushing the Cold War play book.

Hows that drop in oil prices? Wait, wasn't that a Cold War tactic in order to collapse Russia's economy??

There is absolutely nothing in your post that is factual.

Just did.

Try again.

No need. Go back to the drawing board, front-runner. . .
edit on 22-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

God, you're such a good little troll. . . Go from "Russia Cuts Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries"

- to -

Cold War 2.0 debate.

* - Remind Europe how good america is when they're freezing & out of reserves. I'm sure you're wittiness will win "hearts & minds". . .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You tried.... and failed.

next

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Italy is unable to cope with a bit more snow than the usual, as in every winter!
I wonder how it is going to fare starting from Jan 1st 2019 ....

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The EU is up to an unbelievable mind trip !!! I don't know how can they believe their own delusion to this level :

North Stream 2 pipeline, is not something that Russia "requires", it is instead required for the EU which is starting to experience a massive energy crisis due to idiotic policies of the past decade.

Everybody knew the truth very well, since the inception of the project. The EU has to approve, support and work on the construction together with the Russian side.
It's hard for me to believe that the Russians will blindly complete a pipeline to Germany, while the govt. in Brussels and Germany do not approve it ...
who's the genius who ever came up with such an idea ?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What is Russia wanting?

No really, what is Russia wanting? This is nothing new, it has happened before and will happen again. Russia wants something, those countries said no, then Russia cuts the gas, negotiations start, they talk, then lo and behold the gas gets started again.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
What is Russia wanting?

What Russia wants? To be payed for gas delivery?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Why are people suddenly necro-posting a 5 y/o thread with nothing #ing new to add crapping up the news feed?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: greyhat

This is not a new ploy. Russia has done the same thing in the past, usually in the middle of winter, when people are needing natural gas, and demand goes up, it has been known to turn off the gas supply, and it gets European countries attention, that then demands that they talk.

So I do not think that this is just about money and ultimately there is more going on behind the scenes, so it is using this as leverage against those countries. So the question is what all is being demanded, that we are not seeing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join