It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit in relation to the Soul

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm dissatisfied with that answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That was a good answer.

Even the rabbis could never fully explain it, but the nephesh is certainly a living creature.

Jesus said "Don't fear those who kill the body, but fear Him who can cast both body and soul into hell". Paul compared our bodies to tents that will one day fold up and the soul is taken up. The old English idiom "give up the ghost" means to die. Some people still use that phrase today.

Jesus commended His Spirit to God, which means that when He died, His Spirit went to the paradise of God. That was the promise to the thief on the cross. The mocker on the other side wasn't given the promise.

Life and death, all in the power of Jesus' hands, because He overcame physical death and then many old prophets came from their tombs. That's not reanimation, because reanimation doesn't make the body living, it simply means that the body moves, but it is not living. These old ones actually came back to life.

Elisha is another example, when the men were hiding in the cave from the enemy soldiers, they threw their dead friend into the cave and the friend came back to life, so there is power in the anointed ones, but that power is life. Elisha never came back to life himself. Only Jesus was capable of that.

There is also the concept of the Golem, in some people's idea of kabbalha, they believe that one day the rabbis will utter the secret name of God and the monster will animate but it won't be living, it will just be an animated body.

That is why they formed kabbalha, to learn the secret name so they can raise golems. I don't think people realize that. But perhaps there are golems walking around now, people who are animated but not alive. WE are alive in Christ, because life is more than just body functions, it is all encompassing.

You have experienced the newness of life, the body still decays but one day this body will no longer be needed to house the spirit and soul, because you in everything you are will be before God.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: NOTurTypical

We still have our minds and will and emotions after death.. we are not robots. We are still us..

When I went to heaven I saw ... I had emotions, I could feel God, I was still me ...

I didn't say anything contrary to that at all. Didn't say we are robots, and didn't say we are anything other than "us".

Did you mean to reply to someone else? I'm super confused.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

I don't blame you, friend. My tastes and love is found in this world, not in another.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Its what you said, or sounded like it to my ears. I do apologize. lol. We are on the same page then, I just misunderstanding you I suppose.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well I hope you know that I always love to see you participate. I am a lover of philosophy myself, but I also love poetry, and I love what is good. I find that the greatest philosophies come from those inspired by God. I am sure you must have at least a few great religious authors.

Anyway, I leave you to your own will, but I hope that someday you soul will turn towards the Light. I think it will, because you already seem to recognize your food as poison.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You too, backcase. You're a great writer and poet. Though our views are contrary, we are not that opposed. Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

As for religious writers, I prefer the likes of Pascal, Philo, G.K. Chesterton and Solomon.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Though our views are contrary, we are not that opposed. Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Very true, we went from clashing on everything as enemies to being civil and appreciative. I enjoy the realism of your writing, although the love in me rejects it as being unforgiving. Man is not so awful a creature, and bad trains of thought are very common among all people, that is why they need those who love them and do not condemn them. They need a Doctor which I believe to be God, and you believe there is no doctor for them at all. Don't deny yourself a sick visit from time to time.

Peace to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Its what you said, or sounded like it to my ears. I do apologize. lol. We are on the same page then, I just misunderstanding you I suppose.

Yes same page, the body returns to dust, the soul and spirit move on to be with Christ, or be separated from Him until the resurrections.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join