It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi cleric declares snowmen as being anti-Islamic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
LOL...lookout Islamic Extremists....our snowmen are coming for YOU! Now if this isn't one of the craziest things I have ever read I don't know what is.....really...Snowmen are anti-Islam? WTF?

A prominent Saudi Arabian cleric has caused a stir by declaring the building of snowmen as anti-Islamic.

After a snowstorm hit northern Saudi Arabia this week, a religious website asked Sheikh Mohammed Saleh al-Munajjid if it was acceptable for fathers to build snowmen for their children, Reuters reports.

"It is not permitted to make a statue out of snow, even by way of play and fun," Sheikh Munajjid said.

Sheikh Munajjid, quoting Muslim scholars, argues that the building of snowmen creates an image of human beings -- an action viewed as sinful under Saudi Arabia’s interpretation of Sunni Islam.

The decree drew mixed responses on Twitter, where users were posting in Arabic and identifying themselves with Arab names.

"They are afraid for their faith of everything ... sick minds," one user wrote.

"It (building snowmen) is imitating the infidels, it promotes lustiness and eroticism," another user wrote. "May God preserve the scholars, for they enjoy sharp vision and recognize matters that even Satan does not think about."

LOL....building snowmen imitates infidels and promotes lustiness and eroticism....can't recall the last time I was aroused by a snowman in a yard, but I guess if you have some sort of repressed sexual drive from your religion then a snowman could somehow be misconstrued as erotic or lustful?

Source
edit on 1/13/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What is really sad is that this guy is apparently a very well respected cleric in the Islamic faith in the region...I would think he would have better things to do than declare snowmen anti-Islam....

Source

Maybe Charlie Hebdo will do a cartoon on this....I can see it now....it is almost a perfect setup for one of their covers.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2015 by Atzil321 because: Lost my nerve...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atzil321
Our greatest middle east allies Saudi Arabia.... Where women are treated like animals. Girls are routinely raped by clerics with impunity. People are stoned, beheaded or flogged to death for the slightest resistance to religious tyranny.

Do you expect anything less absurd from such a cesspool of evil, madness and hatred?

I just saw this as a very comical story. I mean how scared of something do you have to be in order to state that it is against your religion....it is a f&*(ing snowman people....let the kids have fun already. This is ridiculous....almost as much as someone I used to know that would not allow their kids to read or watch anything about magic because they were Christian and that was against their beliefs...just madness really.

I would hate to be so afraid of the world that I limited everything to this extent. It amazes me that people actually follow this crap and abide by the rules....rules put in place by a human being and a book....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now we know why they don't win Nobel prizes over there, stifled thinking. Wouldn't want to offend Mohamed.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think another thing that really blows my mind is that someone actually asked him if it was ok for fathers to build snowmen with their kids....WHAT? You have to ask permission from your faith to build a snowman? Seems power has gone to the heads of some of the religious leaders, so much so that this ruling makes him look petty and irrelevant in this day and age. The lengths some will go to in order to control...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
wait till Frosty the Snowman hears this

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Didn't God made us in his image in the Koran too? So God can create REAL sentient beings while we little humans can't make an inorganic ressemblance to something humanoid?

So ok, puppets are out. Cartoons. Painting. Clay modeling. Play-doh. Photoshopping. Designing video games characters. Mannequins. Action figures. Dolls. Statues...

"May God preserve the scholars, for they enjoy sharp vision and recognize matters that even Satan does not think about."

Man, even SATAN doesn't know it's evil! Praise those amazing scholars that are always one step ahead, that's their motto.

edit on 13-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok that one made my day, i literally burst out laughing when i read
the "it promotes lustiness and eroticism" part, then i tried my
absolute best to find a way that works, which made me laugh even
harder.

It really is hard to believe that some folks eat this stuff up and
live it as if it were in any way sensible. Fear anything that might
possibly maybe even kinda sorta cause a stir ::whipsers:: down there.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Islamic Views on Erecting Statues

“Among the people receiving the harshest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be carvers or sculptors”

Watch-out Gepetto!
I have to tell my sculptor friends to STOP THEIR MADNESS IMMEDIATELY!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL....building snowmen imitates infidels and promotes lustiness and eroticism....can't recall the last time I was aroused by a snowman in a yard, but I guess if you have some sort of repressed sexual drive from your religion then a snowman could somehow be misconstrued as erotic or lustful?

Source

Speak for yourself

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was honestly expecting your source to be a link to The Daily Mail, The Sun or maybe RT... but Reuters! This cleric has actually said Snowmen are snow joke... how sad that one man (whatever faith) wants to control family fun.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Mmmm...that is one HOT snowman....why didn't you warm that this image was NSFI (Not Safe For Islam)?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I was honestly expecting your source to be a link to The Daily Mail, The Sun or maybe RT... but Reuters! This cleric has actually said Snowmen are snow joke... how sad that one man (whatever faith) wants to control family fun.

Yeah....crazy huh? Like I said though, I think even crazier was the Muslim that asked if it was ok....talk about sheeple blindly following.....that guy should be on the poster! Oh...and not just any cleric....this guy is highly respected and well known.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just another reason why these religions are dumb. Go ahead swear allegiance to them, and lose your right to live and be free. I truly hate these people and what they do to others by restricting others from having some fun? I just will never understand it. Outlaw all religion in the name of peace in my opinion, otherwise it's just another tool for people to use against others to keep them down and control them.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Just another reason why these religions are dumb. Go ahead swear allegiance to them, and lose your right to live and be free. I truly hate these people and what they do to others by restricting others from having some fun? I just will never understand it. Outlaw all religion in the name of peace in my opinion, otherwise it's just another tool for people to use against others to keep them down and control them.

Ya know....that may be one of the best arguments against religion....if all religion was gone, peace would be MUCH more viable in this world. Religion is all about control and that is the reason it came about from the beginning of time.....control the masses by saying you are one of the few that can "interact" with an all powerful being that will kill everyone if you disobey....and if you DO disobey, you will personally be made an example of so others see.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: stosh64

Mmmm...that is one HOT snowman....why didn't you warm that this image was NSFI (Not Safe For Islam)?

Everything offends them, I was more worried about T&C's here.

She is pretty hot huh?
edit on 1 13 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Seems an odd thing to say, being that the average temperature over there is hot enough to melt lead.

You've got a snowman in Saudi Arabia's chance of committing that infraction.

Actually, I think a lot of the craziness in the ME is caused by too much hot sun on the head.

Has this ever been researched?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Seems an odd thing to say, being that the average temperature over there is hot enough to melt lead.

You've got a snowman in Saudi Arabia's chance of committing that infraction.

Actually, I think a lot of the craziness in the ME is caused by too much hot sun on the head.

Has this ever been researched?

Well.....here is one story about a big snow storm that happened last week.....

Source

Oddly enough the last line of this story is:

Temperatures have now returned to more typical values across the region, but the snow stayed long enough for the shepherds to build a snow man.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And the picture from the weather story.....they are going straight to hell....no virgins for you!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join