It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of the World Leaders Gathering in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The Hypocrisy of the World Leaders Gathering in France

This was noted by a tweeter and picked up by World.Mic

One Student's Epic Tweets Call Out the Biggest Hypocrites Marching for Free Speech In Paris

Adding to the symbolic weight of the demonstrations, more than 40 world leaders joined the start of the Paris march, linking arms in an act of solidarity. But as Reporters Without Borders points out, their policies at home are far from compatible with the solidarity for free speech on display throughout France.

The organization said Sunday that it was "appalled by the presence of leaders from countries where journalists and bloggers are systematically persecuted such as Egypt (which is ranked 159th out of 180 countries in RWB's press freedom index), Russia (148th), Turkey (154th) and United Arab Emirates (118th)."

Here are just some of the tweets from Daniel Wickham

Standing up for free speech in France - while persecuting journalists in your own country...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Of course free speech is great as long as it suits any given governments own agenda.

For example, If your from western Europe or North America we better not catch you saying anything bad about Israel or we'll label you anti-semitic. On the other hand anyone can say what they like about Islam.

That is the kind of world we live in unfortunately. Those in power get to decide what is right and what is wrong whether it's fair or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This is 'Hypocrisy' at its best.

I never thought about all this when I read that World leaders were going on the March and I have just seen a photo in another thread which actually says 'we are with you but we aren't REALLY with you'

It shows the Leaders linked arm in arm and then a huge space to the rest of the people.
edit on CSTTue, 13 Jan 2015 09:00:20 -06000000003109x020x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

We must all be careful of the hypocrisy on show.
Problem,reaction,solution.
Cameron is saying there should be no means of communication that the government cannot intercept,what this has to do with a bunch of loons shooting up an office is beyond me.
The people marching in these protests will be the Idiots endorsing more eradication of our God given civil liberties and the closing down of alternative media websites that expose political corruption.

I can see there is a race going on,it's a spiritual awakening of the people versus the deception of establishment which is going at it teeth and nails to have us locked down in a bureaucratic technocratic surveillance slave state before we wake up and the great con game is over.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I believe it's the act of terrorism that brought the leaders together and not so much about the victims job.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I believe it's the act of terrorism that brought the leaders together and not so much about the victims job.

IMHO, they were killed enacting their freedom of speech. Leaders who won't allow it within their own countries have no excuse to show up. I mean, they haven't showed up to one event in Europe that involved innocents being blown apart in a random car bombing. This was a publicity stunt...and a poor one. I mean for gods sake, Russia is refusing Drivers Lic. for Transgender people right now...like they give two sh!ts about some reporters killed because they chose to speak freely...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I thought they were all there to stand in solidarity against terrorism.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I thought they were all there to stand in solidarity against terrorism.

Civil Terrorists standing up against Crude Terrorism...classic.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
People of stripes were killed in this act, except maybe Buddhist, Shinto, and the like? This is as close to consolidated position against ISIS-style Islam we've seen from the world.

What matters now is that we pay careful attention to how they go about dealing with it. It needs to be dealt with, but I don't want to see a NWO rise in response.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think you'll find the agenda for all the Arab leaders there is France's recognition of the Palestinian territories which is drawing near and not free speech
edit on 13-1-2015 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Another depiction of the hypocrisy:

"World leaders join Paris march" - but the reality is that it was a staged photo opportunity. These 'leaders' weren't about to join any rabble.

top topics

join