It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo magazine back with the prophet on the cover again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So i was looking at my mail, and saw one of the articles saying that at less than a week from the shootings, they printed a new issue of their satirical magazine, with the prophet muhammad on the cover, holding a sign that says,"I am charlie" and above him, the sentence "All is forgiven" ... if my rusty french can be trusted.
As for me, i'm all for it, it's a strong statement that they will not bow our heads at the first sign of threat, that they value freedom of speech and are not afraid to defend it.
this are strange times we live in, and i still don't know what to make of any of this.
So what does the ATS crowd think of it?
Good idea? horrible idea?

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 13/1/2015 by IShotMyLastMuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I think I first read it here on ATS, but could be wrong.

Stupidity is repeating the same act over and over again expecting a different outcome. While I do not condone the violence, I think deliberately setting out to insult a group or groups of people is not exactly honourable, even if you play the Free Speech Card. Just my 2 cents and I don't expect it to be a popular opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
They put George Carlin on the cover? Cause he's MY prophet!
edit on 13-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: George Carlin is a prophet

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Stupidity is repeating the same act over and over again expecting a different outcome

I Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Attributed To Albert Einstein

I think that might be the definition of insanity , but i could be wrong .
edit on 13-1-2015 by hutch622 because: TO ADD

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Beside that picture, they should have put Jesus with the caption "Thank you".

Not that the intended audience would have gotten the message, they don't come across as being intelligent enough to understand satire, but it would have been cool to see.

The devil in me just wants that entire race eliminated from the planet. What do they bring to the table that can help advance the human race?

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
The devil in me just wants that entire race eliminated from the planet. What do they bring to the table that can help advance the human race?

Anyone?

Is your name Hitler by any chance?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

but made famous by Vaas Montenegro

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Mathematics, astronomy, the works of the Greek philosophers rediscovered in west after the dark ages via Islamic scholars.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

The problem is more with the clash between our culture/ society and theirs.
what i would like someone to do is, when acts like the ones in Paris are committed, instead of just pointing out the religion, it would be great if someone did a more complete background check as to their level of education/ upbringing.
I wouldn't be surprised to find that the overwhelming majority of these terrorists have been raised back home, and not say in France or america. or in any, frankly, more advanced society.
Basically people that still live like it was the year 200 find themselves suddenly in a reality they can't understand, or relate to, and go all savage.
that's my two cents at least.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Je suis Charlie.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Good on Charlie. It's about time we started giving these dimwit terrorists the middle finger.

Meanwhile, Yazidis in Iraq are beimg used as living blood banks
edit on 13-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Damn idiots wont be happy till the body count goes up because of their stupidity .. french government should shut the bastards down for being a public nuisance ..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Damn idiots wont be happy till the body count goes up because of their stupidity .. french government should shut the bastards down for being a public nuisance ..

You are in favor of government censorship? You must love North Korea.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Supercertari

Mathematics, astronomy, the works of the Greek philosophers rediscovered in west after the dark ages via Islamic scholars.

All now thoroughly rejected by Fundamentalists!

www.csicop.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Stupidity is repeating the same act over and over again expecting a different outcome.

Correct. The Fundamentalists murdered a cartoonist for mocking them, more cartoons were drawn. The Fundamentalists set Charlie Hebdo's offices on fire because they published cartoons they found offensive, Charlie Hebdo published more cartoons. They murdered the staff of Charlie Hebdo in cold blood, and now the cartoonists are martyrs and heroes and Islam has been degraded and reviled... and the cartoons are being spread everywhere. Yep, the Fundamentalists are stupid.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Canada already has censorship on these cartoons oh thats right by your logic we are Koreans that way to then.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It´s a matter of keeping our freedom of speech, and not let the Muslims or any other religious group decide whats okay to write about or what pictures to draw.

If they stop making fun of religions and leaders, the terrorists that killed those people already won and got what they wanted, control over the media driven by fear.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: DJW001

Canada already has censorship on these cartoons oh thats right by your logic we are Koreans that way to then.

You had better let the Canadian government know you do not approve of censorship; otherwise they may take away your right to defend Putin!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

It wouldn't be much of a problem if they kept their satire to christians and Jews though. Would it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join