It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo magazine back with the prophet on the cover again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

When idiots print things that stir up hate and as result get people killed damn straight .. charlie hebdo is deliberatly stirring up hate and going to get more people killed due to their stupidity .. but guess human life doesnt mean a damn thing in comparison to peoples right to get people killed due to their idiocy ..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Nope .. better would be practicing responsible journalism and working to get people to understand each other instead of stirring up hate and getting people to murder and butcher each othed over # that doesnt mean a damn thing..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

When idiots print things that stir up hate and as result get people killed damn straight .. charlie hebdo is deliberatly stirring up hate and going to get more people killed due to their stupidity .. but guess human life doesnt mean a damn thing in comparison to peoples right to get people killed due to their idiocy ..

Charlie Hebdo is not the one that is stirring up hate. How many Muslims died because of a stupid cartoon? How many cartoonists died because "Jihadists" have no sense of humor?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
The devil in me just wants that entire race eliminated from the planet.

What race?

To the topic: I don't think the magazine cover's message has anything to do with Mohammad. The message is: We will NOT cower to terrorists. And I wholeheartedly approve this message.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Beside that picture, they should have put Jesus with the caption "Thank you".

Not that the intended audience would have gotten the message, they don't come across as being intelligent enough to understand satire, but it would have been cool to see.

The devil in me just wants that entire race eliminated from the planet. What do they bring to the table that can help advance the human race?

Anyone?

What race?

Followers of the Islamic religion are called Muslims, as followers of Christianity are called Christians.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

better would be practicing responsible journalism and working to get people to understand each other instead of stirring up hate and getting people to murder and butcher each othed over # that doesnt mean a damn thing.

The problem is that was the prevailing view for years while the abuse of young girls was being carried out by gangs of Asian males in my country, I remember a few years ago a Channel 4 documentary on the subject was pulled by the authorities because of the fear it would spark hate and violence....so we shouldn't talk about it.

Responsible journalism is to not be cowed by threats of violence and expose absurdity and corruption where it is found , there is much absurdity and corruption in all religions.
The best way to deal with a violent bully is to expose them for what they are and laugh in their face.

edit on 13-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

EXCITING! I'm so glad that even after this tragedy, the magazine STILL isn't going to let terrorists scare them. THAT is how you triumph over terrorism, not lock down the world and institute a police state.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I agree. it is important to send the message that violence derived from ancient beliefs will not be tolerated, and more importantly not feared.
Hopefully the extreme religious elements will understand the message and back off, or do what normal people do, ignore it and move on

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
So i was looking at my mail, and saw one of the articles saying that at less than a week from the shootings, they printed a new issue of their satirical magazine, with the prophet muhammad on the cover, holding a sign that says,"I am charlie" and above him, the sentence "All is forgiven" ... if my rusty french can be trusted.
As for me, i'm all for it, it's a strong statement that they will not bow our heads at the first sign of threat, that they value freedom of speech and are not afraid to defend it.
this are strange times we live in, and i still don't know what to make of any of this.
So what does the ATS crowd think of it?
Good idea? horrible idea?

www.theguardian.com...

It is so sad to hear some of the comments posted here...

Why pick on a hole religion?? Why dont they bring drawings of the terrorist f#%&king each other or something like that?? That i would understand. But they dont, the decide to blame all muslims, and think that bashing someone for their believes are "free speech". So sad, really

So how free are we really, if we cant believe what we want? And do we really have to make fun of someones believes, just because we think ours is better?

Some people we cant make fun of, like kings and queens in a monarchy, there are many countries where it is illegal to make fun of jews, because of WW2, you do remember how that happen, dont you??

Is this really what you want to teach your children? That it is ok to make fun of the fat kids, cause there fat, and we got freedom speech, right`? no problem there, i guess.

And you wouldnt mind me calling you guys Hitler or nazis, cause i think some of you do sound like that guy... (i dont think you are, and i wont call you that, just to be clear)

Sure, it is ok for them to do it, but i dont think they are nice people, for bringing so much more hate into this world.
It is about time we get some love!

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Why pick on a hole religion??

If you were familiar with Charlie Hebdo, you would know that they do not single out Islam; they attack religion in general. It is a French custom.

the decide to blame all muslims, and think that bashing someone for their believes are "free speech".

They also bash Christians and Jews. (There are not enough Hindus in France to bother offending.)

So how free are we really, if we cant believe what we want? And do we really have to make fun of someones believes, just because we think ours is better?

The cartoonists did nothing to infringe the freedom of people to worship in the manner of their choice, as is their right. They only laughed at them, as was their right. On the other hand, the murderers were so inflamed with intolerance that they could not laugh, only hate and kill.

Some people we cant make fun of, like kings and queens in a monarchy,

Apparently you haven't seen Private Eye, or any of a number of British satirical troupes.

there are many countries where it is illegal to make fun of jews, because of WW2, you do remember how that happen, dont you??

Yes; people committed violence against other people for their beliefs, like the Muslims did to the atheists at Charlie Hebdo.

Is this really what you want to teach your children? That it is ok to make fun of the fat kids, cause there fat, and we got freedom speech, right`? no problem there, i guess.

This is not about making fun of someone's infirmities, it is about making light of an authoritarian institution.

And you wouldnt mind me calling you guys Hitler or nazis, cause i think some of you do sound like that guy... (i dont think you are, and i wont call you that, just to be clear)

I get accused of being a Nazi all the time on these boards. Everyone can express their opinion here... but it becomes fairly obvious very quickly who favors freedom, liberty and peace, and who stands for oppression and hatred.

Sure, it is ok for them to do it, but i dont think they are nice people, for bringing so much more hate into this world.
It is about time we get some love!

The cartoonists didn't hurt anyone, their murderers were driven by blind hatred. Which side are you on?

Peace

Peace!
edit on 13-1-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
for the people of Charlie Hebdo.

edit on 13-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Go to google images, search for "No one murdered because of this image" (very, very NSFW by the way)
Upon completing said search, you will immediately know which image I'm talking about.
I want you to sit back, take in every single detail of that image and realize that no one was murdered because of that image.

I promote drawing funny pictures of Mohammed. Not to the extreme that the image I had you search for has done, but I feel it drives my point home pretty well.
(If you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything)

edit on 1/13/15 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/13/15 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you were familiar with Charlie Hebdo, you would know that they do not single out Islam; they attack religion in general. It is a French custom.

They also bash Christians and Jews. (There are not enough Hindus in France to bother offending.)

Well yes, but now we are talking muslims vs terrorist, they are NOT the same

The cartoonists did nothing to infringe the freedom of people to worship in the manner of their choice, as is their right. They only laughed at them, as was their right. On the other hand, the murderers were so inflamed with intolerance that they could not laugh, only hate and kill.

When someone laugh at you, and you tell them to please stop, cause its hurting your feelings, and they dont, do you think they´re nice people then?? I dont
When people hate and kill, like those bastards did, there is a big difference. I believe they are evil and horrible people
But, I still dont think it is nice, to make fun of someone, telling you they dont think it is fun, see the differnce??

This is not about making fun of someone's infirmities, it is about making light of an authoritarian institution.

Because of a terror attack, made by evil people, who happens to be muslims. Like i also stated, i think it is ok to make fun/create humor out of sad situations, but we should be carefull to blame all muslims for this.

I get accused of being a Nazi all the time on these boards. Everyone can express their opinion here... but it becomes fairly obvious very quickly who favors freedom, liberty and peace, and who stands for oppression and hatred.

Who decides what Freedom, liberty and peace, is, if not one self?

Apparently you haven't seen Private Eye, or any of a number of British satirical troupes.

I live in a monarchy, and there is laws to protect them against something like that! A couple of years back, an artist made a drawing of the royal family, engaged in a big family orgie, the royal family wasnt pleased to say the least!
Apparently you didnt know that, go watch some more TV.

Yes; people committed violence against other people for their beliefs, like the Muslims did to the atheists at Charlie Hebdo.

The Nazi´s was a nation, the hebdo´s terrorist was a small group of people, not a hole nation or religion, cant you see the difference or are you blaming all muslims for this terrible act of violence??

The cartoonists didn't hurt anyone, their murderers were driven by blind hatred. Which side are you on?

Well they hurt some feelings.. but iam not comparing those 2 things, there is a HUGE difference.

Iam excersizing my right of free speech, and iam trying not to hurt your feelings by doing so. But do you only think free speech is ok, if i say the same as you??

Only people who wants war, draws a line in the sand and ask others to choose side.
Iam not part of YOUR war, so dont ask me to choose side, iam just debatting here, and i want to thank you for your responses, we can both learn from this

Peace!

We want the same thing here my friend

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Personally, I feel they are pushing the ticket too far. At the same time they are going around arresting people, cracking down on "hate speech". It is hypocritical, in an atmosphere where the right to free speech is being defended as a sacred right.

Purposely provoking others repeatedly, by pressing their sensitive spots, is just lacking tact and humanity. It will push moderates into extremism.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TokiTheDestroyer

Go to google images, search for "No one murdered because of this image" (very, very NSFW by the way)
Upon completing said search, you will immediately know which image I'm talking about.
I want you to sit back, take in every single detail of that image and realize that no one was murdered because of that image.

I promote drawing funny pictures of Mohammed. Not to the extreme that the image I had you search for has done, but I feel it drives my point home pretty well.
(If you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything)

I did they search, and saw the picture, and i do fully agree. Muslims or any other religions/etc. shouldnt be offended, only laugh, either of them self or the people making the drawings. Really doesnt matter, as long as they laugh.
But in this case, it seems to be a response to the terror attack, and my point was only, that this was not an act by the muslim religion, but some psychos with guns

Why use the muslim religion to make a statement against terrorisme??

Iam not a muslim, but i do respect their right to believe what they want. Extreme people are everywhere, iam just saying lets be more nice to each other, and maybe we wont get so much hate in the world

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join