It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Following the ratification of Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) as chair of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committtee last week, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was named chair of the Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness, where he will oversee NASA and science programs.

(Didn't find this in the search, and I can't believe it isn't here somewhere, so if it isn't please link me in the thread so I can comment there.)

I weep for our country, not because of partisan crap, but because this man is admittedly anti-science.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Doubt anything will change under him. All we ever hear from Nasa is "This could indicate microbial life." or "Scientists estimate within a decade humanity will finally go to the stars."
S + F

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Following the ratification of Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) as chair of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committtee last week, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was named chair of the Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness, where he will oversee NASA and science programs.

(Didn't find this in the search, and I can't believe it isn't here somewhere, so if it isn't please link me in the thread so I can comment there.)

I weep for our country, not because of partisan crap, but because this man is admittedly anti-science.

That's exactly why he was appointed. He'll be sure of following the conservative's script and quashing any research showing that the earth is more than 5,000 years old and Christ wasn't riding around on the back of a dinosaur.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

NASA should refocus their efforts to find intelligent life in congress.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

I see this as a Conservative trend back to Fundamentalist Christian doctrine in government in general.

Look at Teds background....especially his dad.

time.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I see this as a Conservative trend back to Fundamentalist Christian doctrine in government in general.

Look at Teds background....especially his dad.

time.com...

“The EPA is the single most agency for thwarting economic growth in this country.”

That's a pretty frightening line from your source.

How nuts.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It does bring this quote by Sinclair Lewis to mind imo....

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I bet you'll be devastated when he takes over the White House in a couple years, huh?

LOL!!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Facism already came to America...it was wrapped in lies and sporting fake degrees from Columbia.

I don't see how Ted could do anything but make life better for Americans.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabag

I bet you'll be devastated when he takes over the White House in a couple years, huh?

LOL!!

He was born in Canada.

But, you never know.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Exactly. You never know. We ended up with Obama and no one can say with 100% certainty where he was born....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He was born in Canada.

But, you never know.

Being born in another country didn't stop Obama!

Just saying!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

This is the most brilliant idea ever.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

NASA should refocus their efforts to find intelligent life in congress.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was going to make a veiled analogy to birthers supporting Ted Cruz, but I thought it was in bad taste because there still can't be people that believe that crap.

I wish I were more stunned than I am.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He was born in Canada.

But, you never know.

Being born in another country didn't stop Obama!

Just saying!

Not going there.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
I was going to make a veiled analogy to birthers supporting Ted Cruz, but I thought it was in bad taste because there still can't be people that believe that crap.

I wish I were more stunned than I am.

I see you just joined ATS. Welcome to the club. Get used to idiocy like this.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Facism already came to America...it was wrapped in lies and sporting fake degrees from Columbia.

I don't see how Ted could do anything but make life better for Americans.

Well seeing as how Bush made life miserable for Americans then Obama made it worse, I can only see the next President going in one direction. Though by all means, continue to support a Republican or Democrat. I'm sure that will get the change you are looking for... *eyeroll*

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

I think they have better chances in space...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Conservative and/or fundamentalist fear over a changing world that doesn't turn backwards to a time where you could ignore what made you uncomfortable gumming up the works? Noooo waaaaayyyy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join