It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars on sale besides jars of pickles. Comeing soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A young boy loved to stare at the night sky .
Full of questions filled with wonder all those lights how far?
How High .

Will we ever discover what they are he would think ponder an sigh.
His cohorts thought him weird a geek some even called him freak.

Whilst his friends obsessed over girls and cars he continued his love affair with the stars.
He loved the planets his favourate being Mars amazed at the impacts the craters the scars.

Today he him self Is a Star having made one In a Jar

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Dexter's Laboratory!

Thank God there's brilliant minds like him in this world.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I made an electrical hot dog cooker and my first bomb by the time I was in elementary school.
As I got older I leaned more towards the chicks.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hmm, reminds me of those sonar-luminescence experiments.

Very cool stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is not fusion. That article is very misleading but about what I expect from MSM science stories saddly.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I made an electrical hot dog cooker and my first bomb by the time I was in elementary school.
As I got older I leaned more towards the chicks.

Ha Haaaa, that reminds me of me, lol.

At infant and junior school (age 5-11) they had me down as some kind of child prodigy... I had my own personal teacher and everything, no crap!

Anyway, then i hit puberty, discovered ladiezzzzzzz, flunked everything, joined the army and the rest is history... A history full of fond memories mind!

Wouldnt change it for the world either, lmao
edit on 13/1/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC
It sounds like we may be related. My family history is a scattered mess.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
This is not fusion. That article is very misleading but about what I expect from MSM science stories sadly.
if there were neutrons ( i think the article said there were) then it is fusion. but fusion is easy. its fusion above break even or near break even that is hard. this kid will not be breaking even. sadly.

anyone can do fusion. you can go get an old tv set and get most of what you need to do fusion out of it. real fusion. but not useful fusion.

EDIT: let me amend that to say that this sort of set up derived from the farnsworth fusor is in fact useful as a neutron source. they are used commercially for that purpose.

EDIT: also i think it would be displayed in the hardware section and not next to the pickles

edit on 13-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

This is not fusion. That article is very misleading but about what I expect from MSM science stories sadly.
if there were neutrons ( i think the article said there were) then it is fusion.

Ah but did you read the bottom of the article?

This article was amended on 9 January 2015. The original stated that Edwards used a neutrino detector to confirm that fusion had occurred. This has been corrected.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

if there were neutrons ( i think the article said there were) then it is fusion.

Ah but did you read the bottom of the article?

This article was amended on 9 January 2015. The original stated that Edwards used a neutrino detector to confirm that fusion had occurred. This has been corrected.
Nope. I did not read the amended article. that kid is pretty advanced... He has a portable *neutrino* detector.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Yes, the corrected version of the article now states he used a neutron detector, not a neutrino detector as it said before.

I like the part where he says he wants to make a handheld laser cutter. It just sounds like the kind of destructive power that boys like to dream of. Rather than the musings of a prodigy. Sure, he's probably smarter than me, whatever. But that's not really saying much, now, is it?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

EDIT: also i think it would be displayed in the hardware section and not next to the pickles

NOPE.

Stars In Jars will be in the Fusion Food Isle next to
Black Hole Gateau
Eat as much as you want the calories can never escape to your waist line.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If his detection of neutrons was confirmed, then this story would be headline news around the world. So where is it?
edit on 15-1-2015 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Mars is in a pickle...jar?
Happiness is having more options than problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
If his detection of neutrons was confirmed, then this story would be headline news around the world. So where is it?

no it won't. he is far from the first to detect neutrons from fusion in a home made device. as i said before; the Farnsworth Fusor or a variant of it has been made by many a man or lad. and they do make neutrons when constructed properly. its just that the number of fusing nuclei will never be large enough to achieve break even. it's an interesting device and it has been replicated many times. there are still efforts to get a variant fusor design that can achieve break even. many of the current commercial fusion contenders are descended from the fusor lineage. But all of these advanced fusor derived designs are far more complicated that the original fusor design where as most home hobbyist designs are still pretty much what Farnsworth did.

Current serious fusion devices based on the Fusor are being built. One such Fusor derivative is the Polywell.

www.polywellnuclearfusion.com...

edit on 15-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: added a polywell link and fixed a typo.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

Don't be daft Mars are In the sweets section along with galaxy bars an milkyways?

top topics

join