It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Hamza jailed for life by US court.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Muslim cleric and preacher of hate Hamza came to prominence here in the UK as the hook handed preacher of the Finsbury Park Mosque which was found to be a recruiting ground for Islamists.
After the Mosque was closed down he would conduct his sermons in the street outside as an act of defiance , effectively thumbing his nose at the authorities.

After years of battles through the courts to extradite him he finally got shipped off to the states in 2012 to stand trial for international terrorism charges , today he was convicted and jailed for life on multiple charges, including hostage-taking and plotting to set up a terrorism training camp in the US.

Abu Hamza will now be incarcerated in a "Supermax" maximum security federal prison in Colorado after the court was unconvinced by his pleas to remain in a metropolitan jail with a less tough regime.
The preacher, who sat with pursed lips as the sentence was handed down, had been allowed to make a statement to court earlier.
He told the judge he accepted he would never be released but asked to be treated like any other prisoner, so that his human rights were not infringed.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Human rights ? .... HA ! , Squeal little piggy.

edit on 9-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He sure looks pissed.....good the scumbag.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So is this the same guy that appeared on 60 minutes recently?? I thought they couldn't go after him because he wasn't breaking any laws and couldn't prove he told his followers to go out and do attacks.

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
He's the guy with the hook and eye patch that used to preach in the street to his flock.

I'll be raising a glass to this news tonight.

CX.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Y'all can form a committee to make sure he's treated well. You sure wouldn't want him to get his feelings hurt.

/sarcasm

Sorry guys. For a minute I thought this was going to be one of 'those' threads. Maybe not.
edit on 1/9/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Do him with DENTAL tools...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't know about 60 minutes but he dug his heels in over here because he knew what would happen if we sent him over there , now the estimated £1 million it cost kinda feels worth it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If you can not get a conviction in your own country, then ship them off to the US where convictions are easy. We did the same thing with Clay Roueche. We couldn't get him here in Canada so we just passed the file off to the Americans and they snagged him the moment he flew over US airspace where he was convicted of "conspiracy" to this and that. I think we gave up Marc Emery for that little favour.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Brits need to get their # together on this before they lose more folks. America isn't playing with these people.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
Brits need to get their # together on this before they lose more folks. America isn't playing with these people.

Yeah, well, losing 3,000 people in one day is still hard for a lot of us to swallow.
edit on 1/9/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not sure I get what you're getting at but America will be playing with him for the rest of his life , we have our act together which why we sent him to you.

edit on 9-1-2015 by gortex because: edit to spelll

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not sue I get what you're getting at but America will be playing with him for the rest of his life , we have our act together which why we sent him to you.

That was TOO good.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Put him in the cellblock with the Aryan nation ...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Even when he's smiling he looks pissed off

On topic... Hahahahahaha.

Digital laughter from me is rare, but I'm truly laughing at his demise.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well finally, some good news for once!

That man used to make my blood boil.
Good to see him get what was coming to him, even if it did take this long.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As the US was so keen to get their mits on him, should we also send his parasitic family?

www.express.co.uk...

Oh, I know this will outrage some people, but these people bring nothing but pain to their host country!

On the specifics, he was tried on US crimes and not UK crimes. It's not a question of the UK not being able to chage him, it's that these were not UK specific.

Regards
edit on 9/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think that would be the decent thing to do so his family can easily visit him , I even think we the tax payer should pay the airfare....one way of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Seems to me a bullet behind the ear would be appropriate.........simple, cheap, and very effective....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Why not just kill this guy off and have done with it??

It's simple and will cost a lot less.

He is a sad excuse for a Human, he resembles a pig more (Hope that doesn't give 'pigs' a bad name).

Sorry piggy!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Obama will set him free.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join