It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Art Show Closed: Bush Monkey Art Not Allowed!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ok now... are you finaly going to agree with me that George W. Bush didn't close down the show? I don't care if the manager was offended by the painting and shut the show down.... for the third time... He can legally do that if he feels fit!

Are you ignoring what I'm saying on purpose? George Bush didn't shut the show down or abuse anyones 1st Amendment rights!!!

Read what I'm saying before you make your next post...........

I'll quote something from an earlier post because it's obvious you arent reading what I post

Whoa... Stop... I asked what did Bush personally have to do with shutting this art show down.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is just a small example ofthe division in this country that the administration who not only does nothing to even attempt to bring the people together, but actually encourages division...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
This is just a small example ofthe division in this country that the administration who not only does nothing to even attempt to bring the people together, but actually encourages division...

Once again I'll ask.... What did the Bush Administration have to do with this!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Once again I'll ask.... What did the Bush Administration have to do with this!!!

Quit being so dense. I've answered your question. I'm not gonna spoon feed you anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Dude.... You need to quit being dense... go back and read my posts....... *carefully*.... And you will see why you never answered my questions.... Unless you're just ignoring them because YOU KNOW I'm right and you just couldn't ever admit that could you?

I'll ask the same question for the 5th time now....

1) What did Bush or the Bush administration physically have to do with the closing of this art exhibit?

2) If the 1st Amendment prevents the government from censoring its citizens or denying them free speech. How did the government that wasn't involved in this event, sponsoring this event, or contributing to this event abuse anyones 1st Amendment rights?

Dude, you can't keep sidestepping my questions forever. Unless you can't answer them?
I ask these questions because in an earlier post you cracked on Bush and said he didn't know what the 1st Amendment was. I'm starting to think you need to read up on it. Now answer my questions...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lets say I put up a few pro Bush signs on the public right of way in front of your house. You tear them down, are you violating my first amendment?

Or.

You own a restaurant, I walk in and hang up a few pro Bush sings in the "public space" would you be violating my first amendment rights by taking them down?

By the logic you are using, you would be.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I see nowhere in the first amendment that says a manager of an art gallery cannot say what is or is not displayed in the gallery.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Quit being so dense. I've answered your question. I'm not gonna spoon feed you anymore.

This this the funniest thread of all ECK, I think LostSailor think that he can take care of you, but he will learn how difficult is to even try.

I guess when it comes to Bush supporters they will kiss the dirt he walks on and the heck with first amendments.

That is why our civil liberties will be taken away and people will just let it happend because if for our own good.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
ok marg... ECK wouldn't answer my questions... Maybe you'll step up to the table and answer them for me. You seem to think Bush had something to with this also. I'll repost my questions so you can take a stab at them. I don't worship Bush btw... I'm just denying Ignorance and the spin you people put on this thread.

1) What did Bush or the Bush administration physically have to do with the closing of this art exhibit?

2) If the 1st Amendment prevents the government from censoring its citizens or denying them free speech. How did the government that wasn't involved in this event, sponsoring this event, or contributing to this event abuse anyones 1st Amendment rights?

So far there have been two posts, one by skibum and the other by macmerdan, that seem to understand whats going on here.

BTW I think I pretty much did take care of ECK already seeing as how he avoided answering my questions...

[edit on 16-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
except to threaten imprisonment.
My take? Most people are speaking to the climate fostered by the Bush Administration, as evidenced in public apperences & the .000000000000345 Press confrences this president has held - Don't question or make note of shortcomings....even though it's very warranted.
Look at the whole "support our troops by supporting our president ' bullshyte. ECK, me, MidnightDestroyer and a host of others.....all spent time in the service....all were summarily painted as "anti - soldier" becasue we called a clusterf**** a Clusterf**** and saw the political arm running wars....again.
It's the climate........same one that got "That's my Bush" off the air. Same one that has caused every author with every cautionary tome on the Bush clan to seek cover or be pilloried.
Same reason why this gallery owner reacted that way.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
LostSailor,

So far I have read your post and I has been very impartial to you, around these boards we have seen people come and go, with strong feelings and strong words, but after a while it always come to the same end, not matter what we said or what we show, you will always defend your leader actions not matter what, is in your make over, to follow blindly and to question only the ones that disagree with him and you.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
you will always defend your leader actions not matter what, is in your make over, to follow blindly and to question only the ones that disagree with him and you..

Um... Thats just it... I'm not denying my leaders actions here... He had no actions in this event. I'm not blindly following him I happen to disagree with him on numerous topics. Care to answer my questions now?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And you will see why you never answered my questions....

I can't help it if the answers I've given bounce off your forehead. Accept the fact that reasonable people may disagree with you. Just because it's not what you want to hear, does not mean it is not not an answer.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
Lets say I put up a few pro Bush signs on the public right of way in front of your house. You tear them down, are you violating my first amendment?

It's simple. I wouldn't do that. Why should a sign threaten me?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

It's the climate........same one that got "That's my Bush" off the air. Same one that has caused every author with every cautionary tome on the Bush clan to seek cover or be pilloried.
Same reason why this gallery owner reacted that way.

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And you will see why you never answered my questions....

I can't help it if the answers I've given bounce off your forehead. Accept the fact that reasonable people may disagree with you. Just because it's not what you want to hear, does not mean it is not not an answer.

What answers? You've never answered my questions. This is getting a bit old, do you have a metal plate in your head or something?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you're gonna take up space on this thread, than you could do your fellow ATS posters a BIG favor. Bring something relevant to the table, or don't just don't post here.

Your attempt to distract is as transparent as your flawed logic.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If you're gonna take up space on this thread, than you could do your fellow ATS posters a BIG favor. Bring something relevant to the table, or don't just don't post here.

Your attempt to distract is as transparent as your flawed logic.

You know what... I did bring something relevant to the table and your refusal to answer my questions are all the answers I need from the likes of you. If you refuse to answer peoples questions why don't you do your fellow ATS members a big favor and quit posting here. Your flawed logic that Bush had anything to do with this entire mess is just insane. You have demonstrated that you have no clue how the 1st Amendment reads.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yall need to chill a bit here.

I think the question seems to be whither a manager not allowing certian art pieces at his show is censorship or not.

I would have to say that as long as no represnitive of the government told him to do it, then no its not.

Just a Wal-Mart is not selling John Stewarts book is not. Of you own a business you have a right to choose whatever you buy and sell. I dont see what this has to do with Bush either and I am not a supporter of Him.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How bout this.. anyone who is so weak minded to feel the need to start censoring.. b/c something pisses them off, is just plain pathetic. Not to mention thoroughly childish and not too confident in their ideology.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

How bout this.. anyone who is so weak minded to feel the need to start censoring.. b/c something pisses them off, is just plain pathetic. Not to mention thoroughly childish and not too confident in their ideology.

Thats better

But it is still not GOVERNMENT censorship. Free people are allowed to be all of the above.

For instance you have a store that sells brand A whatevers, you are offered a chance to sell Brand B whatevers and refuse is that wrong? The Government is not stopping you and you are not stopping Brand B from being sold in any other store. The only person being hurt is YOU because all those that like Brand B are going to statr shopping somewhere else

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join