It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insult my Religious beliefs, Go ahead...!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

We do turn the other cheek and do good to our enemies, because that is what Christ did and it is Christ who lives in us. At the same time, Christ is not in everyone, so tolerance must be taught. Everyone needs to respect that not everyone sees life the same way, and a cartoonist is only illustrating what HE sees as his truth, the same as we illustrate what we see as ours.

When the illustration harms no one and is not a lie but based in factual observance, it should cause one to look inward, not outward to kill the illustrator of simple truth.

And the simple truth is, that is what Muslims themselves did to their religion when they, in largest part, allowed intolerance and hate and extremism in the door without question or consequence of action.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Insult my Religious beliefs, Go ahead!

Hmm?

Rather than insult your religious beliefs, why don't we just tell the utter truth?

There is no God! Never was!

You've been duped, and your own faculty of discernment cannot extricate itself far enough away from your thinking, so that you could turn its light on your own reasoning, and discover (with dismay if necessary) the truth of this.

You may indeed be a child of the 21st century, but you carry the fear and superstitious ignorance of men from over 2000 years ago. Put it down, it's a comfort blanket no one needs.
edit on 8/1/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well said.
talos guide you, people.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Flavian

Not quite, your god is the bearded ladyboy god.

Made us in his image...

We are all his creations, that includes a "ladyboy"

No?

Touche!

The whole religious violence aspect is preposterous to me. I am sure there will be an excpetion somewhere that i am unaware of (ie, a god that espouses the use of violence against all and sundry) but don't most religions claim to be religions of peace?

I don't know why, but the image of a bearded ladyboy god tickles me - not sure what my old Reverend at school would make of it though!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i think i'd rather be ruled over by a bunch of agnostics or egyptology professors, than a belief that assumes the arrangement of my procreative dna adds or subtracts from my value as a human being on the planet. i won't go so far as to say i'd rather be ruled by hard core atheists, as they are just as radical and militant as any other radical group (although for different reasons) who assumes your dna (read skin color, gender, nationality, physical maladies, and so on), should dictate your value and the level of respect you receive in society.

that was not an easy decision to make, as i was, at one time, quite fundie myself, till i realized the hypocracy of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Aliensun

People and how they perceive things is the problem, not God. God doesn't need men to kill for HIM. HE can do that all by HIMSELF if HE wanted to.

If someone's God demands they kill me for an insult, then its a God without power.. the God I know has the power to strike someone dead if HE wants, so I have no need to do it for HIM. When HE doesn't run around striking people dead, I am certain then of freewill.

Yea this is all nice and fuzzy modern wet dream of the interpretation of God.....but its hard to understand where it comes from. Really doesn't hold any water. Save for the insult bit but that apparently is going to have its day....the day the freewill idea come to an end and is used as evidence against mankind. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire

You may indeed be a child of the 21st century, but you carry the fear and superstitious ignorance of men from over 2000 years ago. Put it down, it's a comfort blanket no one needs.

Without actually being told what and how I believe you've made an assumption based on your experience and perception which differs from mine, which is fine but, isn't that just as ignorant to do as you claim those who believe are being?

edit on 8-1-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately, religion has proven itself a dangerous tool throughout history.

Obviously many religions, including the Abrahamic three, are founded on ancient texts and it is the reason why numerous people get it wrong. They misinterpret the information because their holy books were written in a specific time and place, for a specific audience of people. Not many religions are intrinsically violent, but many of their books do contain violence as a reflection of the times in which they were written. It is here where many fall short, and it is here where people need to be able to distinguish what they are reading. As ancient texts, the dated information should be left in the past where it belongs. We do not need bigotry and religious hatred in today's society.
edit on 8-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

HE isn't planning on having anyone other than HIM do the judging of mankind, however. I will assume freewill has some kind of limit, eventually.. but until God HIMSELF stops it, there is nothing for us to do, but allow others' freewill, and show Christ in our actions. Really show Christ I mean too and not show man's ego and pride and hate.. none of that was Christ.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think the point is that if an omnipotent God wanted someone dead, He could do it Himself. And if people actually believed in an omnipotent God they'd know that God could do it Himself and He wouldn't need people to do His dirty work for Him. So those who go around killing in God's name, really don't believe in that God like they claim to. At least, that's what I got from the post.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: SLAYER69

My reply from the thread on the Paris attack -

Whoever is responsible, are cowards. You do not attack and slaughter unarmed people.
For any reason.
If the only way you can spread and defend your idea/belief is to kill innocents, your ideas/beliefs are wrong. Period.

I am a Muslim and i approve this message

edit on ThuThu, 08 Jan 2015 08:03:06 -0600 1420725786AME by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Flavian

Not quite, your god is the bearded ladyboy god.

Made us in his image...

We are all his creations, that includes a "ladyboy"

No?

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

OUR IMAGE... More then 1. and first female designed LILITH along with man.

If the story in The Book of Tobit is true in relation to LILITH being Adams first wife then perhaps a androgynous ADAM was primary form to be compatible with LILITH genetics who also may have been androgynous...

Due to indifference's with the two ADAM & LILITH another more compatible female was made from Adams genetics (was the androgynous aspect removed from Adam during the process to MAKE EVE?)

LILITH may be ANNUNAKI, as her mother is ESESHKIGAL also ANNUNAKI... Now consider what mankind would be if these genetics got to mix?

Another son of Enlil and Ninlil was Nergal (Meslamtaea), King of the Underworld. He married Eresh-kigal, the Queen of the Netherworld, the daughter of Nanna and Ningal (i.e. Inanna’s sister), and the mother of Lilith (who became handmaiden to Inanna, her maternal aunt). Lilith is also notorious as the first wife of Adam, but it was Lilith who rejected him (and thus incurred the wrath of every reject-worthy male on the planet).

www.halexandria.org...

Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Genesis 2:22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

Second female design EVE

Helping to understand the male-female aspects of human and possibly beyond genetics. As some Angels are described as androgynous also...

And SLAYER69, 1 wont insult the GOD of which you follow

edit on 1/8/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

We do turn the other cheek and do good to our enemies, because that is what Christ did and it is Christ who lives in us. At the same time, Christ is not in everyone, so tolerance must be taught. Everyone needs to respect that not everyone sees life the same way, and a cartoonist is only illustrating what HE sees as his truth, the same as we illustrate what we see as ours.

When the illustration harms no one and is not a lie but based in factual observance, it should cause one to look inward, not outward to kill the illustrator of simple truth.

And the simple truth is, that is what Muslims themselves did to their religion when they, in largest part, allowed intolerance and hate and extremism in the door without question or consequence of action.

Tolerance is really not what turning the other cheek is all about. Tolerance is only a limited aspect of Christ and will come to an end at some point. Christ demonstrated a great deal of intolerance that even played out in physical violence when he took a whip to the money changers.

Tolerance, that we are talking about as a society, for the most part is a secular idea born out of ideas about a civil society. Christians are really admonished to be very intolerant of many things.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Amen!

And that is how it's done!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Tolerance is really not what turning the other cheek is all about. Tolerance is only a limited aspect of Christ and will come to an end at some point. Christ demonstrated a great deal of intolerance that even played out in physical violence when he took a whip to the money changers.

Tolerance, that we are talking about as a society, for the most part is a secular idea born out of ideas about a civil society. Christians are really admonished to be very intolerant of many things.

Yeah, and when we become God, I am sure we will have more free reign in admonishing people the way Christ did.

Becoming Christian, did NOT turn me into God, however. I do not know the things Jesus knew. If I did, I would simply probably cry more anyway. No need to be other than what I am - and show understanding toward all within our shared humanity, if nothing else. Besides, I do not know who will become saved either. The someday will be saved, don't have a sign on their head.
edit on 8-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I think the point is that if an omnipotent God wanted someone dead, He could do it Himself. And if people actually believed in an omnipotent God they'd know that God could do it Himself and He wouldn't need people to do His dirty work for Him. So those who go around killing in God's name, really don't believe in that God like they claim to. At least, that's what I got from the post.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well as you know killing in the name of Allah is deeply embedded with them.

As far as the Yahweh God He has been known to use human and angelic agency to do dispatch work.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Very rarely, and the two witnesses will be the next time - according to the Book.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Throughout human history unimaginably evil atrocities, oppression, wars and conflicts have been done in the name of a god, or have been justified, ordained by religions/faiths or some form of devout worship.

God created mankind, gave them a world in which they can thrive. Mankind created religions, faiths beliefs and worship.

There is no part of our creator that is evil. None, where evil prevails there is NO God.

God gave us his own son, and he was ultimately brutally beaten, tortured and killed because he insulted, offended a manmade religious theocracy...

We have come so far, and yet gone nowhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yeah, and when we become God, I am sure we will have more free reign in admonishing people the way Christ did.

Becoming Christian, did NOT turn me into God, however. I do not know the things Jesus knew. If I did, I would simply probably cry more anyway. No need to be other than what I am, and show understanding toward all.

There we go. It don't take much.

Were are you getting this idea about God or needing to be God. When the cops in France corner these dudes are they going to be conflicted about such things? No they are going to take them out. Where do they get that authority? Why don't they just let the bad guys go and turn the other cheek?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

"In the beginning was Adam(u) and Lilith, created from the same dirt...."
So "equal".... And then Adamu tells Lilith to do the dishes and iron His shirt. Lilith balks and runs off with Sama-el...

"In the beginning was Adam and Eve.. Eve was created from Adam's rib..."
This makes the Female subservient to the Male..

Which is "true"?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join