It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insult my Religious beliefs, Go ahead...!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
After pondering the latest incident...

I've come to the conclusion that many so called "Believers" simply don't have real Faith. Now, this isn't singling any one group out just pointing out the obvious.

If you're like me *a person of Faith, there's no need to kill those who think or believe differently.

None!

If, in my opinion, your Religious organization advocates killing "Non Believers" I feel we here in the 21st Century have the option to ignore or debate but not kill. If someday, you find yourself hearing hate and instigation for violence by a Priest, Preacher, Rabbi or Cleric being spewed your way it might be time to reconsider your membership in that particular sect/denomination and try Yoga instead.

Just a couple of pennies...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I agree well said.

No religion is worth killing others for and If it is that isn't from God but men who wish murder on others.

Challenge accepted......Your God has a funny beard and it smells.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Challenge accepted......Your God has a funny beard and it smells.

too bad she is a woman.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Insult my Religious beliefs, Go ahead...!

Just because some people get insulted when the truth is told, is no reason to stop telling the truth. Sometimes in order to get that truth across, it is told in satire or comedy. SouthPark comes to mind ... they had great episodes exposing unsavory facts about Scientology, LDS, Evangelical Protestantism and Catholicism.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

My God is the bearded lady?!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My God is Bilious the 'oh God of Hangovers'.

He only kills himself, on behalf of others.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hats off to you Slayer for having the balls to be honest around here and you have gone up in my book.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Jesus said to turn the other check, he didn't say to turn back to the other after they slap that side.
he also said to buy sell your purse and bag and buy a sword, i take that as your going to have to protect yourself.

so like you, if a person of another faith just talks bad about my faith, i don't say much. but if a jihadist or radical of any persuasion attacks or tries to kill me or mine, well that's not gonna happen without a fight and their death if it comes to that.

edit on 8-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
To those who are so easily offended, is not....

Your God all powerful, all knowing?

I'm pretty sure God has seen everything and knows everything. So why would he be so thin skinned and so easily offended? It's not like he doesn't know what his creations have done in his name and or to each other.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

These days you can only make fun and spoof folks that wont blow your azz up.

link   

A theology is frequently used as a club, to beat the other guy senseless if not into another state entirely. So should we not say that all theology is bad and discard it because it invariable causes trouble due to inherent hard-clad doctrines whether buried deep inside the texts or spouted from a self-anointed leader two minutes ago?

Yoga is one good choice, as is meditation, as they can lead to mindfulness and that state can then lead to enlightenment which is the ultimate source. --There need not be any "God" that facilitates such states of mine. We can simply call it pure consciousness. Maybe with a big "C" as a hallmark for positive identification for the sake of the aweness of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

My reply from the thread on the Paris attack -

Whoever is responsible, are cowards. You do not attack and slaughter unarmed people.
For any reason.
If the only way you can spread and defend your idea/belief is to kill innocents, your ideas/beliefs are wrong. Period.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I found this the best response to all this madness

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

People and how they perceive things is the problem, not God. God doesn't need men to kill for HIM. HE can do that all by HIMSELF if HE wanted to.

If someone's God demands they kill me for an insult, then its a God without power.. the God I know has the power to strike someone dead if HE wants, so I have no need to do it for HIM. When HE doesn't run around striking people dead, I am certain then of freewill.
edit on 8-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Indigent

My God is the bearded lady?!

Not quite, your god is the bearded ladyboy god.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

If you're like me *a person of Faith, there's no need to kill those who think or believe differently.

Logic accepted SLAYER69

For what religious FORCE or KINGDOM would that type of behavior be representing?

Considering the believers who apply such force "believe" in benevolent (GOD-Angels) and malevolent (devil-demons) influences upon the metaphysical SOULS here, 1 would think they would know that kingdom of which they are representing with such acts and where they may be placing their souls later...

Because to truly believe inside you know a balance shall be made to the ill minded by the what many humans may perceive as Angels, perhaps in the more metaphysical ranges of CONTACT.

Basically as a believer and follower of a benevolent Kingdom or HEAVEN deep inside you know there is no need to kill the temporary flesh do to some not following your belief systems for their souls shall be judged and or acquisition in a more accurate soul integrity detecting region of existence, that can better see internally thought processes & re-balance these energies of unbalance and relocate/ascend them when the ill consciousness of dark has been eliminated from their SOUL energy. How ever long that may take them in the ABYSS under ABADDON/APOLLYON perhaps...

Revelation 9:11
They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon.

There is however a need though to sustain and push back the physical threats of some of these beings at times when they are in flesh and may be risking the destabilization and causing death of many in flesh and so... Physical contact is made and engaged at times to lower the threat potentials of the ill and dark in conscious.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
But you have no prophet for me to insult.

In the words of our president "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

If you are looking for just cause, coming from the leader of the free world those words will do.

Insult god religion and faiths, but do not dare insult the prophet.

As always, ignorance is universally insulting.

There is no God but Allah. There is no God in islam.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Same here, just turn the other cheek.

It must be said though if we taunt and torment a wild beast with a stick then we should not be surprised when the beast responds in such a savage manner.

Personally I don't engage in the taunting kind of humour. It was John who wrote that even Satan should be treated respectfully. The example of the Angel Michael who's only response to Satan was "The Lord rebukes you" and Christ's "Get behind me" is the very best response to our enemies. I learned from Hebrew Scripture that we cannot expect God to fight our little battles. It is we who should be fighting His Battle.

So I say to those who murder in the name of religion the Lord rebukes you and get behind me! That is my response and I know it is more powerful than a nuclear bomb in real terms.

You can joke all you like about Christ. I'll not be shooting you for it. I will not even hate you for it. A simple turning of the cheek is the only response I'll give.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Not quite, your god is the bearded ladyboy god.

Made us in his image...

We are all his creations, that includes a "ladyboy"

No?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
"Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been..." The Great Sioux Nation.

Anytime anyone is getting info from "Beyond" and the voice(s) are telling You to do things that wouldn't wash in a polite society, isn't it time to ask for I.D.? But where I'm from, a 'polite society' does NOT include talking about sex, politics™ and/or Religion™

Avoid the "Big3" (Secks, politics and religion) You'll be right as rain..

Avoid the other Big3 and You'll really be swimming.. The other Big3= Judaism™; Islam™ and Chris†ianity™

But if We all switch over to Yours, We won't hear folks yelling at 4 and 5 year olds "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS"!!!

And don't think that Hunab Ku would be pissed, SHE doesn't roll like that!!!

namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join