It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you enjoying the Single Life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Between my p.t.s.d .. blaring punk rock .. swearing in half dozen languages while reading some of the posts here on ats .. tigers wandering through and sunning themselves in my garden .. occasional visits and late drinking bouts with the military patrols that patrol the border regions.. snakes.. mozzies .. monsoons .. wonky web connection.. no television ..
would probably drive you mental ..
edit on 8/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Haven't you lot guessed already I'm as mental as can be already lol

Tigers?
No telly?
Drinking?
Punk rock?

Meet me at the airport I'm on me way
Japan isn't it? all joking aside Japan is my number one wish to visit before I pop me clogs.
edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
Stay single! You'll thank me later.

Seriously. It just depends on the type of person you are. Some people "need" a mate to feel complete. Some are quite comfortable with themselves, and a female/male friend with benefits gives them all they need. Some don't need the latter at all. Personally, I will never be married again. Been there, done that. I like being single, and living by myself.

Just remember this. Anyone who doesn't have a hobby is no one you want to be in a serious relationship with, or married to.

edit on 1/8/2015 by Klassified because: PC

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Between my p.t.s.d .. blaring punk rock .. swearing in half dozen languages while reading some of the posts here on ats .. tigers wandering through and sunning themselves in my garden .. occasional visits and late drinking bouts with the military patrols that patrol the border regions.. snakes.. mozzies .. monsoons .. wonky web connection.. no television ..
would probably drive you mental ..

Yeah....
Your single by choice...lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What are your views on living the Single Life?

For me, it is better than married life.
Am I enjoying it? Not really, but it really doesn't matter anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My advice to ladies everywhere!

Actually everyone, regardless of gender or sanity level should beware of their beguiling and hypnotic powers.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok, I'm 43 and just had my 20th anniversary last November. I have a joke about that.
It only feels like 20 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,under water.

But seriously, I could not imagine my life without my wife. You have probably heard things like "she completes me" or "sole mate". Hell I was complete before I met her and I'm an atheist without a sole.
I have a more accurate description of our relationship. "She makes me better"
What greater gift can you get from someone?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Lol love it :-D
It's also me hip wiggle that draws them in.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

It only feels like 20 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,under water.

You saw the youtube video too, huh?

edit on 1/8/2015 by Klassified because: Add video

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

One more marriage would push me over the edge into the abyss .. prefer to keep what little of my sanity remains intact ..

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No..
got a link?

lol guess you do..

edit on 8-1-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

One more marriage would push me over the edge into the abyss .. prefer to keep what little of my sanity remains intact ..

Fair enough, your lady would be better off that way to. No reason for both of you to suffer

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

3/4 of the year its out in the vietnam.. cambodia.. laos border region .. the other 1/4 between visiting my kids and their families in vietnam.. china and japan ..

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The guy in that video must be a motivational speaker or a suicide prevention operator.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

For me being single is a very peaceful way to live. For you? That may be another story. I am older and have been married and raised my 2 sons already.Therefore marriage really doesn't have a lot to offer me at this point and time. I'm not saying its bad or don't do it or whatever. Just saying I don't see where it has much to offer me personally.I live an independent life of peace,and answer to no one. I don't date or see anyone or any of that. I'm just not willing to jump through hoops anymore to have someone interested enough in me to look deeper at who I am as a person.They either will or they won't anyway. One of those lessons you learn as you get older.

For you being younger,I would say that there may still be someone in which one day you would want to marry and live with and have children with.Just do not let yourself fall into the trap that I have seen other guys fall into:they go along with their lives refusing to marry until they hit their late 30s early 40s,then panic! OMG I'm getting older and there is no one to take care of me! The sky is falling the sky is falling.

America is not exactly conducive to having our men mature at the same rate as the women. Women feel that biological clock ticking and know that reproduction is waning for them. Yes there is all kinds of treatments they can have later on in life,but the easiest way is to mate and have kids while young enough to care for them.My mother had her last 2 kids when she was 37 and 40. Guess what,she didn't raise them,my sister and I did. She was just too worn out and tired to do it anymore. There are reasons you have kids while younger,you can keep up with them much easier.

Now you could always wait till your older and marry a younger women to have kids,if thats what you finally decide,but either way,make sure its something you want in your time and you will be much happier with it. Maybe you won't ever want all that.Thats fine too. Its your life,live it as you feel is right for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Divorced, 4 children, child support.
Yes I am enjoying being single, now that my children are grown.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have grown to love being single.
I do what I want, when I want.
Don't have to tippy toe around anything.
I usually have a gal on the side who enjoys a good time as much as I do, but I don't bring them home.
I earned my solitude and I'm damn well going to enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm 29 year old (last month) and have never actually had a real relationship before. I've only been with one person in my life and that was more out of boredom and sort of the whole friends with benefits thing. I'm on the fence, see I have very little money so going out isn't part of my life which is why when I met the girl 'Julie' (fake name) and she was up for the whole FWB deal it was like a godsend. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on the relationship side and think that maybe I should give it a go but other days I think its pointless, because I like to sit on my backside and watch tv and enjoy my own time.

So to answer your question, am I enjoying single life, the answer is...well I dont really know. (Which would probably make my comment kind of pointless).

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I am in the following situation.

I have had my heart beaten, bloodied, scarred, spat on, and generally mistreated by significant others. I have been cheated on, I have been used... My favourite dumping, if there can be such a thing:

One of my Exs: I can't do this any more. I cannot be with you.

Me: Why?

One of my Exs: I sobered up. Good bye.

End.

The implication was, that being sober meant that the prospect of being with me, was so awful to a sober person, that it would not be even remotely possible.

Despite this, I am not closed off to the idea of having a significant other in my life. I have never been one to flirt, and I am notoriously bad at realising that I am being flirted with, but should things line up in my favour in that regard, I will not be adverse to it. That said, I am not looking.

Am I enjoying being single? I am distracting myself well enough that I am not suffering too much as a result, that is the only accurate way to describe where I am in life at the moment.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am in the same dilemma myself.

On one hand, it is great not having somebody calling me every moment, asking me what I am doing or where I am; and I don't miss the constant bickering and misunderstandings.

On the other hand, being with other people can bring new and interesting experiences since you tend to go places more and do stuff. Also another person can expose you to things or suggest things you would never have thought of.

I've always thought, though that being alone is better than being with the wrong person; though not sure about that one either - maybe the odds of meeting the perfectly right person is next to nothing, so you have to just go with it when it's even possible.

Maybe it's worth the effort to seek someone out.. who knows?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join