It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you enjoying the Single Life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Dark Ghost

What are your views on living the Single Life?

For me, it is better than married life.
Am I enjoying it? Not really, but it really doesn't matter anyway.

Lol!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't enjoy life. Single or not. Well I have always been single.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well, the good news about being single is it gives you a chance to find yourself. You also don't really have a commitment - For example, you can get away with flirting, going out with someone you met random (something I like is that I can do things with my female friends again...something which the ex wasn't too keen on for whatever reason). You also can pretty much run your own life - Want to play video games all day long after work? You can.

For me, the hardest part of being single is the loneliness after the holidays - Sure, you might spend the time with friends and family, but in the end, you still come home to an empty apartment.

Overall, it's not too bad being single.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I mean, you never enjoy life? I wish you some enjoyment in life brother.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Birth > school > job > marriage > kids > death.

What about this cycle is supposed to appeal to me?

I'm with Shamaniski, every waking moment is torture as im forced through one day at a time in this nightmare existence.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm 32, in my twenties I was on the hunt for true love. I had a business card (not that I would give it to all girls) but I met 100s of girls. Going out at night with friends, dating online, tons of meeting new faces. Of course like anybody, I developed a perception of what females were. I saw what they were looking for, what I lacked in what they were looking for... So naturally I led to question, what are they looking for? How do they feel? What are my experiences telling me? From all the body language in the world, from all the speaking with them. What is it in their boyfriends, that they have and I don't?

And again what kind of girls were dating me? And what kind of girls did not date me? Why? It turns out that the girls I am sexually attracted to reject me, and the girls that I am not 100% sexually attracted to want me. Later I saw that guys 'excused' these type of females for having a bad attitude, because they were 'hot.' Well why did they have a bad attitude, because they were hit on every day? The more I looked into, if everybody treats you as a god, why would that lead to a bad attitude?

Then I started seeing the reasons for why all the body language. Society has forgotten that scientifically, body language is so much more communication than are words, but we have forgotten to speak and listen to body language, and as stubborn egotistical brats we don't listen to science, so it is as if they do not know that we can hear them speaking in body language from what they say. It really bothered me. Deep deep down, it bothered me. Because I did not see the jealousy - I saw the reason for the actions they did to cause jealousy. I saw why they chose to make another person jealous. I great example is yesterday, when someone said he was hungry, after that a gay man next to him offered food to another person, but the other person didn't want it, because he wasn't hungry. The gay man wanted to make that person jealous. Now this is an interesting example, because would some agree with me that gay men have minds like women?

Now this, as I said, extremely bothered me. Because no longer did I see, and will be able to see again, attraction. When I looked into the eyes of any of these females, I now understood why they have that look in their eyes. I understand the feelings they have inside. It is so hard for me to consider, how bad a person can be, from the inside. it is different than evil, but it can be labelled as evil. I understood what they were inside, the reason for every act of body language to ignore people, to make people jealousy, to have apathy, to be selfish, to be prideful. Notice how this is going against all of the teachings in the bible, and yes, it is our everyday good looking females.

Exposed was the knowledge that the whole darn generation of them were this. And it all goes against spiritual teachings. It all ties into our spiritual evolving, and our ego (humans minds). Actually this led me to recently understand why our egos are that way in the first place. Because this physical world, by name of spirituality itself "cannot exist.' That is why our minds think in a context of the 'opposite.' But we do not know this, because if we do not become our true selves we will indeed remain physical, in a physical view, a physical world. From the ego, comes being obnoxious against being submissive, vengeance instead of forgiveness, a refusal to give, but because of greed, but because of helping another soul who is not their 'self.' It leads to the submissive thing as taught in the bible, 'be last and not first.' it is this egotistical reaction and action that the generation of females Cannot Love Man. What I am writing about has gone so far, it cannot reverse itself in this generation. It has already taught the generation the foundation of stone. It is simply not known today from our western growth, that these are the exact same reasons why Jesus preached celibacy, women simply couldn't be trusted as faithful and they cannot now. (We are talking about the general population of 'sexually attractive' women who choose portray themselves that way, a woman is not evil by nature).

I could write much more, but members have been getting restless with my large posts. But I can also some the whole thing up in one sentence. I am not complete happy to be single, but I am not dating at all by choice, because I won't give 1 single thing to a female. let them think or say what they want (they are always judgmental anyway, and completely ignorant that being judgmental is wrong) but all I need to know is that not one single thing of mine, will be given to any of them. They will not get any of my attention, any of my time, any of my mind, nothing, and if my choice I would avoid them at all costs. Again a female can be righteous, but their modern mind state makes that hard for them, like most people they have to try that much harder to do what is right, which is why things are wrong, because it doesn't take any work to do wrong, but we have to reform ourselves and work to be good, which again can be related to the existence of ego also.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

totally agree. It depends on your goals and your soul. Similar thoughts are common for all men when they are alone. Introvert people do feel lonely sometimes , but they don't suffer much because of that. They prefer fishing with friends or drinking beer, rather than having dinner with his GF and his probable parents-in-law, or looking after his kids on weekends. Extravert people cannot stand being lonely. I am more like introvert, but when it gets unbearable, I use some online chats (like Tinder or mymagicbrides.com...) to amuse myself and have some live communication.

(post by sumitraj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I find it confusing.
My whole thing is,,,,either you're happy with yourself in which case labels don't matter or you aren't happy with yourself and labels don't buffer that. I was fine till a friend pointed out I'm single again. The label threw me.

What's wrong with just being me?

Nothing as it turns out, but the whole scary-single thing loomed up an OMG! Where did that stereotype get stuck in my head??? I should be dating & partying and WHAT????!!! Really??? Ummmmmm just.no. So far the doing a few girley things has been kinda fun....maybe...sort of....

Really?? Other chicks do this crap???
WOW!

Being single is mostly just confusing....

Decided awhile back you either have skin in the game or you sideline yourself. Currently I'm having a blast goofing off & being the class-clown, apparently for the world at large.
Not a bad gig.....

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

it sucks

(post by kitkat211014 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yes and no... to be honest a lot of Gay men don't like dating Drag Queens, or Genderfluid Gay Males.. plus my life as a performer and artist is demanding.. but yes i would like relationships, but at 23 i have time

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

(post by tracyg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i just got out of my relation ship a few months ago , and I'm not going to lie but those were good time, and as in every relation ship there are struggles , but seeing my life as in single and in a relation ship , I'm happier single , my last Bf was a bit possessive so now i feel free to do what i want with no fear of what the other person can say or react to

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That's brilliant to enjoy being single. I would say that this is a condition for having relationship in future, because if you can't enjoy solitude, then you are not full person/individual.

But do you want to find that special one?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

I have been single a really long time, I don't think I could be in a relationship now, set in my ways don't you know. I do sometimes wish for love and companionship, but then I think about all the downsides. I am not out there looking. I am not above flirting, but I would get really scared if someone pursued me. I am female and very independent.

I understand you. When you are single for a long time, you just get used to it, and then it's not so easy to start dating somebody or even more to start a family

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I DO enjoy my single life.
Of course I don't mind having relationship.
But currently I enjoy this way of living because I realized that I want to develop myself, to work on myself, to grow in both personal and spiritual levels... That's what I'm doing now. I tend to self-sufficiency.

And the relationship is quite walk you away from these issues, cause you involve in it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I sure have been enjoying single life.

No one to report to.
No one nagging over why I didn't text back right away.
I'm saving loads of money.
I bought a car with a German accent.
My apartment stays clean
and
I can fart in bed.

I should've done this years ago

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join