It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the All-seeing eye...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Uhhh, (ducking punches lol) if anyone has seen Time Warner's logo you have seen the eye of horus. It has nothing to do with Jehova, that is all I know.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
here is what i found on the eye www.cuttingedge.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
does anyone know about the Diagramma by galileo???does it really exist ???

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
My research reveals it as "The Eye of Horus" envisioned by Sir Francis Bacon and the future members of the "Order of the Quest", men such like Ben Franklin etc. It's based upon a form of Aristotle-like Egyptian wisdom and was thus carried by the Templar’s and later the Freemasons to represent the "New Atlantis" and that new found western freedom, from the Jesuit/Crown Oppression.

I do not think the symbol is evil but I KNOW the NWO is and those who today associate themselves with this symbol and have an interest in using this symbol to therby imply the NWO are using it only to further their goals, which makes things all the more confusing. There is some speculation that today this society is known as the sinister "JASON society" but we must now sort through it all to find any truth whatsoever and basically - good luck!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper
My research reveals it as "The Eye of Horus" envisioned by Sir Francis Bacon and the future members of the "Order of the Quest", men such like Ben Franklin etc. It's based upon a form of Aristotle-like Egyptian wisdom and was thus carried by the Templar’s and later the Freemasons to represent the "New Atlantis" and that new found western freedom, from the Jesuit/Crown Oppression.

"Aristotle-like Egyptian wisdom"? What's that mean?

Since you claim that you are an expert in esoterica, and as you've pointed out that I am not, I am baffled by your apparent ignorance of the esoteric interpretation of the All Seeing Eye. It is not Egyptian in origin, but Indian (the Egyptians borrowed the symbol from the older culture in Hindustan).

The symbol simply denotes the Sahasrara Chakra, which is symbolized in India as the Eye of Shiva, and later as the Eye of Horus by the Egyptians.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ML,

I'm not disagreeing with with you but calling it the "Eye of Horus" is essentially still correct. In fact, if you really want to get into deep history, one could say that the origins go back to before the time of the sage Manu and in fact, originated in China when the first pagan mysteries were taught.

Francis Bacon was a student of the Atlantian mysteries and so the symbol has more symbolic meaning then only an Egyptian "Eye of Horus", I agree.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by markusjharper]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

"Aristotle-like Egyptian wisdom"? What's that mean?

Since you claim that you are an expert in esoterica, and as you've pointed out that I am not, I am baffled by your apparent ignorance of the esoteric interpretation of the All Seeing Eye. It is not Egyptian in origin, but Indian (the Egyptians borrowed the symbol from the older culture in Hindustan).

The symbol simply denotes the Sahasrara Chakra, which is symbolized in India as the Eye of Shiva, and later as the Eye of Horus by the Egyptians.

This is actually debateable Masonic Light.

A list of references I've already typed-up before will show this to be true:

Ra Un Nefer Amen

Muata Ashby

Cheikh Anta Diop

Amir Fatir

Herodotus

Godfrey Higgins

Schwaller de Lubicz

Gerald Massey

Plutarch

Diodorus Siculus

And perhaps some other occultists such as:

H.P. Blavatsky

Manly P. Hall

Rudolf Steiner

and some others...

You'll get perspectives from both sides with these references, or perhaps neither with some; but I put in bold those authors who provide good arguements against what you have asserted.

Though I'm sure a look into the Akashic Records would definitely settle this.

The symbolism is Universal no doubt.

So to find the first ones who utilized it outside the Akashic Records, would probably be quite futile.

Perhaps you have some good recommendations as well?

Trust me peoples; the All Seeing Eyes of Heru(as the All Encompassing Divinity, or the Kemetian Adam-Kadmon) are not evil in themselves, even if there are people/groups that misuse the symbolism.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

ML,

I'm not disagreeing with with you but calling it the "Eye of Horus" is essentially still correct.

No argument there. I only wanted to note that the symbol is almost certainly older than the Egyptians, predating even the Hyksos, as the Eye is mentioned several times in the Rig Veda.

In fact, if you really want to get into deep history, one could say that the origins go back to before the time of the sage Manu and in fact, originated in China when the first pagan mysteries were taught.

I am not of the opinion that the first mysteries were practiced in China; instead, they were actually very limited in China, being more progressive throughout northern Africa, the middle east, and central and eastern Europe. However, that's a whole different story.

Francis Bacon was a student of the Atlantian mysteries and so the symbol has more symbolic meaning then only an Egyptian "Eye of Horus", I agree.

"Atlantian mysteries", however, do not exist outside of the Theosophical Society. Therefore, Bacon could not have been a student of them. The Greek philosopher Plato, who seems to have invented Atlantis, mentioned nothing about these "mysteries": instead, they seem to have originated with Blavatsky's "spirit guides" many centuries later.

And personally, I put much more faith in the wisdom of Plato than in Blavatsky's invisible friends.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This eye makes an appearance on very early posters for the united mine workers of america

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Basically, I think it is well summarised as follows (credit to About.com):

Together, the eyes represent the whole of the universe, a concept similar to that of the Taoist Yin-yang symbol. Spiritually, the right eye reflects solar, masculine energy, as well as reason and mathematics. The left eye reflects fluid, feminine, lunar energy, and rules intuition and magick. Together, they represent the combined, transcendent power of Horus.

Not sure why the right eye usually appears without the left as surely this suggests some kind of imbalance?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyutah

Not sure why the right eye usually appears without the left as surely this suggests some kind of imbalance?

In later versions of the Egyptian myth cycle, Horus defeated his uncle Set in battle, but lost an eye during the fighting. Thoth then placed in the heavens, where it became the sun.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The all seeing eye was used by non-Masonic Christians to denote "Providence" anyway...thus it has nothing to do with Egyptian mythology but with someone else thinking "God is watching over us". It's stupid to ponder it any other way, there's no way you can make that connection.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderer
I don't have to back up a claim when it is the general understanding.

The "general belief" of the meaning of the Eye of Providence (The all seeing eye), is that is IS the Eye of Providence, it is the EYE OF GOD.

"General belief"??? Where? Who said anything about an Eye of Providence? It's the first time in my life I read that! You are the one who decides that it's general belief or understanding. The only general belief concerning the All Seeing Eye is that it is an obscure symbol related to esoterical beliefs, to the Masons and/or the Illuminati (for the people who actually know at least a little about these groups), or to Ancient Egypt.

You appear to be doing disinformation with that "Eye of Providence" thing.

Just like the Swastika was used for evil? Symbols can't be used for evil, the people do the evil, and the only people who use the All Seeing Eye are Freemasons, far from evil.

I don't care if the Svastika was used into ancient oriental religions... it was used as the OFFICIAL symbol of the Nazi party and it is the modern symbol of the total evil that Nazism is. THAT is a general understanding! Put a swastika badge on your jacket anywhere in the western world and everybody will know that you are a damn neo-Nazi. You wanna have proof? Do it yourself... wear that on your next trip in town, and you'll see the result!

[edit on 24/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Try looking up info about the Peacock Angel, also see hubbles picture on the hourglass nebula. Another link seems to be the visica pisces and the flower of life. Kundulini and cosmic fire. Sun worship maybe

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"with all his faults... the American Indian is not as half as black as he has been painted. He is cruel in war, treacherous at times and not over cleanly. But so were our forefathers. " -- General George Crook

This is a typical racist,elitist, Wachichu statement made by a ( what would be called) fundamentalist xian
practioner of that oft touted plan of Manifest desitny. Espoused by others famous for sayings like ,
nits breed lice, the only good Indian is a dead Indian, give me a platoon and I will ride through the entire
Souix Nation, We are goinig to go out and teach these bloody savages a lesson they will never forget,

Edit: Censor circumvention.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow Stalkingwolf...if the natives were so superior then why are they barely a race...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
WTH does any of this to do with the topic?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Intrepid usually when a topics argument has been settled this is the next stage of development...the stray.

Or more appropriately, the death throws of the thread before it heads into the graveyard of posts (the archive).

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
Wow Stalkingwolf...if the natives were so superior then why are they barely a race...

What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well I know a lot about the All seeing eye. First off, it's on the back of the dollar bill. The All seeing eye is an adopted symbol of the Illuminati. The reason why it is an eye is because they know and see things that we don't. They are called the illuminati because they are illuminated into knowledge that we don't know. There symbols are all over the place. Another one of their symbols is the lighted torch. Which is on the statue of liberty. And their favorite the sun. The swastika, which represents black sun, or black hole. Also, There are illuminati all-seeing eyes all over the place. For instance, CBS News, Columbia Broad casting station. There's the all seeing eye. AOL, Monsters Inc, Pyramids..a lot of things. If you want to know more about it, I suggest you do some hard core research. The All seeing eye goes all the way back to the egyptian times. like the eye of horus. Look it up

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join