It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Spraying in California Sierra Nevada's???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't normally post in this section but wanted to mainly just document this for anyone with possible info.

My friend called me today and told me this morning he watched two large jets flying a massive figure 8 pattern from horizon to horizon over the mountains near by while leaving a spray trail of the same pattern. He said they were up there for hours and just doing that same figure 8 pattern and leaving trails the whole time. He tried to take a couple pics but said they didn't come out well enough to really see anything.

I know they are doing different types of cloud seeding up there for bigger snow fall and thought that it might be the explanation for this too. I've never known them to do it like this before however. We used to have a small ground unit that would burn silver into the air and they had them placed in various spots up there and they would call us and tell us when to turn them on. I've never known them to cloud up the sky using planes though so I thought I'd put this up for the record though. Wish I had more info. Maybe they'll do it again.
edit on 6-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

My friend called me today and told me this morning he watched two large jets flying a massive figure 8 pattern from horizon to horizon over the mountains near by while leaving a spray trail of the same pattern. He said they were up there for hours and just doing that same figure 8 pattern and leaving trails the whole time.
Where? When? Can you be more specific?

He tried to take a couple pics but said they didn't come out well enough to really see anything.
That happens a lot. It's ok though, let's see what he's got.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes, which area? I'm just south of mammoth and yosemite. Saw Two drones flying overhead today too. Hadn't seen any in the area before. . .

Cannot comment on any trails as I was inside for the majority of the day.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Maybe they were flight school, sky writing students practicing figure eights?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Don't normally post in this section but wanted to mainly just document this for anyone with possible info.

My friend called me today and told me this morning he watched two large jets flying a massive figure 8 pattern from horizon to horizon over the mountains near by while leaving a spray trail of the same pattern. He said they were up there for hours and just doing that same figure 8 pattern and leaving trails the whole time. He tried to take a couple pics but said they didn't come out well enough to really see anything.

I know they are doing different types of cloud seeding up there for bigger snow fall and thought that it might be the explanation for this too. I've never known them to do it like this before however. We used to have a small ground unit that would burn silver into the air and they had them placed in various spots up there and they would call us and tell us when to turn them on. I've never known them to cloud up the sky using planes though so I thought I'd put this up for the record though. Wish I had more info. Maybe they'll do it again.
So you are saying you were involved with the spraying of chem-trails in the skyies of the U.S.???

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

exactly

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OPUFO3257142119

"Chemtrails" could potentially be a very bad thing if they were to exist. Please do not mock this potential hazard by posting pics of contrails.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
So you are saying you were involved with the spraying of chem-trails in the skyies of the U.S.???

No, nothing to do with chemtrails. I did participate in "Cloud Seeding" here in California for a while but it wasn't from planes it was from a stand alone ground unit. Basically just a big propane heater device that had a small container of Silver Oxide or something attached to it. It just shoots a big flame out of the top and shoots tiny particles of Silver into the air up to the clouds for bigger amounts of snow.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
Where? When? Can you be more specific?

Sure, we are in the central valley so he would be talking about the sierra nev. foothills and mountains just east of Fresno area. Obviously you can see the mountain range for many miles either south or north from fresno too, but that should give you some idea. The national park, Sequoia, is up there probably about an hour or two hours drive away from us.

Don't know if they would be drones though because he said they were big jets. I doubt he could see them if they were just drones from where he was. I'll see if I can get the pics he took if he still has them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Maybe they were flight school, sky writing students practicing figure eights?

That would be stretching it a bit I think. lol

It could have been something for the park service however. Or I thought maybe just them doing some heavy cloud seeding with planes so it will increase the snow pack. We are in a drought here after all and we need a lot of snow pack for water later on.

The way he reacted about it makes me think that it was something he hadn't exactly seen before. He's ex military and has lived here his whole life so he's familiar with the area and so forth. He's not a Conspiracy person either. Thinks I'm kinda nuts so he's not one to find something strange if it's not there usually. Although, IMO he's kinda out there too in the way his mind works. Just an FYI kinda thing before anyone asks.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

As someone who has participated in cloud seeding (from the ground, yes) can you say why you think that using a large plane would have an effect? It's the silver iodide that does the cloud seeding and these "candles" are pretty standard and easily carried aloft by smaller aircraft, which is what tends to be used. It's always been my understanding that using large jets would simply makes the same process stupidly expensive for no gain?

The description you posted made me wonder if it might not be due to military flying in the form of an AWACS flight monitoring an area or a tanker holding station to rendezvous with other aircraft?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

All I can say is what he told me on the phone. That he saw two large Airliner Sized Jets that were making a big figure 8 path over and over again over the mountains. He said it was a huge path going from one side of the horizon to the other.

I don't know if that is even how they do cloud seeding or not and don't know if the ground unit I used is even the same kind of thing. When he called me this morning he called it chemtrails because he's heard me use that term before.

What they were actually doing I have no idea. That's why I put this out there. In case anyone else from this area had seen it.

As for it being military refueling or something. It could be, I don't know. But I don't know why they would be leaving a trail behind them and I don't know why there would be two of them flying the same path over and over.
edit on 7-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

All I can say is what he told me on the phone. That he saw two large Airliner Sized Jets that were making a big figure 8 path over and over again over the mountains. He said it was a huge path going from one side of the horizon to the other.

I don't know if that is even how they do cloud seeding or not and don't know if the ground unit I used is even the same kind of thing. When he called me this morning he called it chemtrails because he's heard me use that term before.

What they were actually doing I have no idea. That's why I put this out there. In case anyone else from this area had seen it.

As for it being military refueling or something. It could be, I don't know. But I don't know why they would be leaving a trail behind them and I don't know why there would be two of them flying the same path over and over.

Could you see them from where you are?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I remember seeing pictures of trails in a figure 8 before. It might be some sort of formation hold for military. As was mentioned the AWACS for sure if they were training.

Zap may have some input on that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mrthumpy

No, I didn't see them at all. I was sleeping when he called me and by the time I woke up later in the day I just heard his voice mail message telling me about it and then I called him up and asked about the details.

I trust him in what he said he saw, but what it was exactly I have no clue.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

That description could easily fit with tankers or AWACS, The KC-135 Tanker and E-3 AWACS are basically the same airframe as the 707 airliner, which today equates to 757 or 737-900 size, the most common class of airliner in use.

Yes, aerial cloud seeding is done in exactly the same way, with silver iodide. This is usually with candles or flares attached to the outside and Piper/Cessna class aircraft are plenty big enough jor the task. The description also sounds like it's not cloud seeding because the activity never leaves a visible trail as it involves releasing the chemical directly into a raincloud to stimulate it into action. Spraying silver iodide into a sky so empty it can be seen from the ground would achieve the same as throwing bundles of hundred dollar bills out of the window

Any number of aircraft can be used, two is nothing unusual and the trail they left would just be a contrail. A side effect of the conditions they were flying in, not the purpose of the flight.
That's all just a possibility or likelihood from the description, of course.
edit on 7-1-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Hi mate,

Thanks for posting. Obviously, no one knows exactly what he saw but him. That being said, it sounds to me like it was some sort of aerial practice. Assuming they were at cruising altitude (higher than 28k feet) then there is no reason why they wouldn't leave contrails if the weather up there was condusive to them forming at the time. Also, and this is fairly important, releasing anything at that height in order to seed or to spray something on the ground doesn't make any sense. The winds up there would ensure that whatever you sprayed would travel for hundreds of mile. Even if they didn't, accuracy would be minimal. And since they were going round the same figure 8, that indicates that IF they were spraying something, they were not blanketing the whole area.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

a reply to: mrthumpy

No, I didn't see them at all. I was sleeping when he called me and by the time I woke up later in the day I just heard his voice mail message telling me about it and then I called him up and asked about the details.

I trust him in what he said he saw, but what it was exactly I have no clue.

I don't doubt he saw something, I was just wondering if we could get more of an idea on location and scale

top topics

join