It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really want these gun safes, anyone have experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
As the title states, I want these. I'm planning on moving soon, and while the area is far from "rough" I will be more worried about a break in.

I have been contemplating getting a large safe to house my guns, but if I'm out of town and someone breaks in they aren't exactly easy to hide. If well hidden, they aren't easily accessible.

I'm less impressed with the mirror version as I think many people would think to check behind it. The shelves seem ideal. I don't mind squirreling away guns I don't often use in a safe behind a false wall in the closet, but I do want easy access to my AR and a few pistols.

Any comments or alternative ideas appreciated!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Think about that shelf and how easy it would be to rip it off the wall just by putting all of your weight on the front edge.

Hide them and just keep your personal ones in a smaller safe. Glue and bolt the safe on its back, bottom and one side.

P

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah but who would break in and think it was prudent to try and rip off a shelf? I feel like it would be a much safer way to hide guns than under the couch or something. I'd also probably go a little overboard and reinforce the back plate with some steel bar and use some lag screws. Still think the vast majority would completely overlook it. I don't even think the mirror versions are all that obvious.

The last thing I would be thinking about if I broke in somewhere would be checking the interior of shelves for guns. I'd be looking for the easy obvious stuff, and MAYBE trying to find a more traditional hidden safe.

You do bring up a good point though. I want my guns secure, and this is not the most secure way to go about it.

I want something super secure, hidden and easily accessible.

I may be asking too much.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What effect would that magnetic slick have on your springs?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I don't think any.

Recoil springs are VERY tough. You could put one on the ground and jump on it and I'd be amazed if it made any difference.

Yu know those magnetic knife racks? Probably less of a difference than those.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Looks cool, but if you know a good carpenter, he could make you something probably better from scratch, for a fraction of the price. I got a few hideyholes myself, nothing elaborate like that, but I would be very surprised if anyone that searched the house would find them. I even have a hidden room behind a bookshelf

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hidy holes are a must!!! I have a buddy of mine who looks for furnature at swap meets and off CL and takes ordinary furnature and makes them into Hidden in plain sight furnature. Criminals never think to look for valuables in these certain places but if they find one they are sure to look for more to watcvh out. Dont go overboard woth them because they dont protect very well. Not like a big fat safe.

Personally I keep most of my GF jewlery at the bottom of our dirty laundy because who would look there

edit on 6-1-2015 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I bought a plain old gun safe at my local sporting good store. It's bolted to the wall and to the floor. I know if I'm out of town someone could break into it and steal whatever I leave home but it's insured and easily replaceable. I keep them locked so there are no accidents, insurance purposes, it's the responsible thing to do and I really don't like the idea of coming home and getting shot with my own firearms. There is no 100% way to keep them from being stolen but it is my duty to do what I can.

new topics

top topics

join