It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Watch & Love The Ancient Aliens TV Show What Do You Love About The Show?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

So yeah ancient aliens is one of my favorite shows, lots of episodes to sort through.
Lots of theories presented in the shows.

So the general topic of this thread is what do you like about the show and why?
What do you love about the show?
Which theories are some of your favorites?
What are some of your favorite episodes?
Did anything ever make you think yeah thats totally possible?
What topics would you like to see on the show in the future?

edit on 5-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I actually hate it now.

Same crap. Over reaching to make a show while the only thing they say through the entire program is "Ancient Astronaut Theorists Believe..."

Everything on Earth is Ancient Alien related to them.

About 200 X per show.

Hey! Another rant...

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
I watch it occasionally just for entertainment. Most of the comments by the charlatan authors and researchers on the show, in my opinion, are total BS because instead of presenting all the facts, they present just enough of the facts to convey their idiotic theories.

Sorry, its only entertainment.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'll admit I'm addicted to it. I think I've seen every episode. I always seem to have it playing in the background. They pose some interesting questions, particularly about the ancients use of technology. I don't know that I buy it had anything to do with aliens, but I'm definitely stumped by the ancients ability with stone work and moving megaliths. I haven't seen a convincing explanation as to how any of it is possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I like to watch it because of the silliness that some of the people spout, but at the same time I occasionally learn something concrete. I have always seen the show as a way to subversively teach people about some ancient cultures by boxing it in a more entertaining package.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I just like his hair. I did just watch the newest episodes this weekend, I have to agree with jude.The history end is still neat.
edit on 1/5/2015 by mugger because: sp.

link   
I watch it occasionally, and though I find most of it bunk, they do a fabulous job showing archaeological sites, some really obscure. Also very interesting in terms of history, religions and psychology. Their main theory is a bit wacked and repetitive but they do get around in terms of filming on site which is so cool.

So I like it, with a grain of salt you could choke on.

link   

I have to say I used to love the show, but now I just like the show...

I have been reading books on the AA theory since the 90's and always felt that there was something to the idea that we humans just aren't supposed to be here,.... at least not yet in this level of evolution...
Since I was a kid I always felt that humans were given a sort of "cheat-sheet", or leg-up, or boost,... whatever you want to call it...

Since the show has been on so long now, I have kinda been turned off by it simply because it has gotten too popular with the main stream and I always fancied myself as someone who thinks of things in a unique way...now the subject is passe...
edit on 5-1-2015 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2015 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I love that talk about things like vimanas, the only show in the history of television to ever do so I think.

Very intertaining to say the least, and far better than alot of the Housewives shows many love to watch.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I like parts of the show. I notice a serious bias in their information. A lot of it is based on half-truths, and they always seem to write-off anything spiritual as extra-terrestrial. I think that is a very narrow minded way of thinking. In season 7, I recently watched the episode on the Sphinx. I found it interesting, but also troubling how they seem to be hinting at the return of Osiris. My belief is that Osiris is Apollyon, who is also the anti-christ, so the return of Osiris in not really a good thing.

So all in all, there are interesting elements to the show, but I believe it is dangerous propaganda for the naive.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

As others have said, I too have grown less fond over the years. There is a lot of repetition and frankly I'm surprised the show is still on. Occasionally there will be some new tidbits, but not enough to justify multiple hours of programming.

Why I still like and once loved this show is that it introduces me to new perspectives on historical goings on that challenge existing theories and beliefs. There are many things that "ancient astronaut theorists contend" that are conceivable and, my particular favorite, are more conceivable than the religious based explanations.

And the other direction... I used to hate it everytime David Childress came on because of his unusual speaking style, but now I love it. To channel Giorgio: "To me,...he is even more fun than Giorgio". Particularly when he says the word "sky"... "the Gods came down from the skuoohiiieey"
edit on 1/5/2015 by xenthuin because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I like parts of the show. I notice a serious bias in their information. A lot of it is based on half-truths, and they always seem to write-off anything spiritual as extra-terrestrial. I think that is a very narrow minded way of thinking. In season 7, I recently watched the episode on the Sphinx. I found it interesting, but also troubling how they seem to be hinting at the return of Osiris. My belief is that Osiris is Apollyon, who is also the anti-christ, so the return of Osiris in not really a good thing.

So all in all, there are interesting elements to the show, but I believe it is dangerous propaganda for the naive.

Yeah I get that feeling a bit too, its always extra-terrestrial, couldnt ancient humans be so advanced as to have done some of those things.

I think a future episode I would enjoy would be based on ancient humans being superhuman or super intelligent enough to do things modern humans just scratch thier heads at.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I liked it at first.. They had some interesting shows on some of the hard to believe stone structures.
But was it yesterday? I was at someones house and I decided to watch ancient aliens. It was Atlantis..

I've never laughed so hard at a show in my life. If these guys aren't trolling how do they say their lines and keep a straight face.

he was like:

"Atlantis, Plato said it was there, and if it was there then actually it was a spaceship. It didn't sink it blasted off.. that's what ancient astronaut theorists believe."

So I'm already laughing, at crazy hair, and then the other guy pops up..

"It's some koind of alien craft, and if it's a craft, it could have been some koind of alliens."

hahahaha... Oh my. It was worse than that but I can't remember the rest. The theme of the show now is what if this happened? Well I think it did happen, and if it happened this other thing definitely could have happened, so therefore it all happened, and it was aliens.

This post coming from a guy who thinks we could have been created by another race of beings

edit on 5-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I liked it at first.. They had some interesting shows on some of the hard to believe stone structures.
But was it yesterday? I was at someones house and I decided to watch ancient aliens. It was Atlantis..

I've never laughed so hard at a show in my life. If these guys aren't trolling how do they say their lines and keep a straight face.

he was like:

"Atlantis, Plato said it was there, and if it was there then actually it was a spaceship. It didn't sink it blasted off.. that's what ancient astronaut theorists believe."

So I'm already laughing, at crazy hair, and then the other guy pops up..

"It's some koind of alien craft, and if it's a craft, it could have been some koind of alliens."

hahahaha... Oh my. It was worse than that but I can't remember the rest. The theme of the show now is what if this happened? Well I think it did happen, and if it happened this other thing definitely could have happened, so therefore it all happened, and it was aliens.

This post coming from a guy who thinks we could have been created by another race of beings

OMG, I can't stop laughing. The way David Childress says "koind" kills me.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenthuin

As others have said, I too have grown less fond over the years. There is a lot of repetition and frankly I'm surprised the show is still on. Occasionally there will be some new tidbits, but not enough to justify multiple hours of programming.

Why I still like and once loved this show is that it introduces me to new perspectives on historical goings on that challenge existing theories and beliefs. There are many things that "ancient astronaut theorists contend" that are conceivable and, my particular favorite, are more conceivable than the religious based explanations.

And the other direction... I used to hate it everytime David Childress came on because of his unusual speaking style, but now I love it. To channel Giorgio: "To me,...he is even more fun than Giorgio". Particularly when he says the word "sky"... "the Gods came down from the skuoohiiieey"

Love I love the way he talks, I sometimes tease family and try to imitate his funny speaking style FTW!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I would love to see a show on the antediluvian world from the biblical point of view, garnished with cutting edge science. There are a lot of scientific implications made by the biblical flood account, and I believe man, plants, animals and the earth were all very different in that age. There is no doubt in my mind that man's history is riddled with influence from outside beings. I believe they are fallen angels and my personal encounters with them indicate that they are far more than extra-terrestrial....they are extra-dimensional.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was great.

I've seen every episode of this show, how did I forget about "koind"?!?!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So I'm already laughing, at crazy hair

Lol his hair is so very funny on every single show! I have to admit I love it, he just comes out like Don King like yeah its extra-terrestrials every single time and I just laugh at his funny hair. I must admit the hair of Giorgio Tsoukalos is the one of my favorite parts of the show. He looks like a super sayian from dragonball z.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I like it because it challenges the status quo on history.

* - If there was no global contact between civilizations back in the day then explain the evidence suggesting they were in contact with each other.

* - How did they move 400 ton stones and with what technology?

* - Why do cultures have documented history of beings coming from space and landing on earth?

* - Nazca lines

* - Megalithic building

* - education about the solar system and universe including the se of advanced mathematics.

Finally where did modern humans come from? To date we still have never located our missing link.

Throughout history there are incidents where absolute belief changes when enough evidence emerges it was wrong. I like to keep an open mind, as should all people who study the sciences.

A close minded and willfully ignorant scientist is as big of a joke as some think ancient aliens are. The difference being Ancient Aliens at least explores these areas.

Finally - How many scientists form their position on pure science instead of a mix of science and personal beliefs with religious view points added in?

I find it interesting people are willing to accept the concept of God with no concrete proof while dismissing ancient aliens for lack of evidence.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

They bring new ideas to the table and I love it, much better than Honeybooboo in my honest opinion.

They even go into modern alien sightings FTW!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join