It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tick-Borne 'Bourbon Virus' Is Deadly And Unlike Anything Previously Seen In U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
New Tick-Borne 'Bourbon Virus' Is Deadly And Unlike Anything Previously Seen In U.S.

Here is what I find interesting about this story: Many people believe that Lyme Disease was created at Plum Island, home of the government's Animal Disease Center. The Animal Disease Center (National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility) is moving to Kansas. Although the move has not yet taken place, isn't it possible that workers from Plum Island scouting the location brought infected ticks with them? I am thinking accidentally, maybe on their person or belongings?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well ain't that a spooky coinkydink! Two tick borne viruses popping up in the two places the ADC is or will be. Methinks I smell a conspiracy theory brewing in the pot.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've had that bourbon virus before, it makes you very sick. I haven't drank bourbon ever since.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its a good thing i work with pesticides keeps me safe!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
why are they blowing this out of proportion? One person died last summer..that's it..ONE--seems like a big scare..for nothing--

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: craig732

I so much enjoyed the Huffington post link to the story. I thought the pictorials of "celebrities with lyme disease was a nice touch", though it would be juicer it it were "celebrities with genital herpes".

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Well ain't that a spooky coinkydink! Two tick borne viruses popping up in the two places the ADC is or will be. Methinks I smell a conspiracy theory brewing in the pot.

A star for your COINKYDINK! From my COINKYDINK TO YOURS!! What the hell is a coinkydink and where is it from? How do we know it is tick borne, just because the CDC says so? Do you trust them?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I've had that bourbon virus before, it makes you very sick. I haven't drank bourbon ever since.

Wild Turkey 101, Mmm boy! Too bad, all the corn used to make it now is GMO. Monsanto would f$ck up at free lunch at the "Y"! BASTARDS!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I don't really see it being blown out of proportion. It is hardly being reported on mainstream media. It is an interesting story because this type of virus has never been seen here before. How did it get here?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ticks were a favorite disease vector on Plum Island, and they got loose because the deer swam between the Connecticut mainland and Plum Island, and then back again, first releasing disease-laden ticks in Lyme, Connecticut.

Now there is a new virus, new to this continent, that is tick-bourne, and just happens to have popped up in the state where they moved the Plum Island facility.

NOT a coincidence. Ticks are hard to control, and breeches in biological security were common place on the Island. You have the same people now working this facility. Whether accidental or not is another matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: craig732

I don't really see it being blown out of proportion. It is hardly being reported on mainstream media. It is an interesting story because this type of virus has never been seen here before. How did it get here?

They used their airline miles.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Blame the govinmint, but never corporate industry or global trade, huh? Good catch tho. F&S&

fyi - "Bourbon virus" is a tick-borne thogotovirus, from the same family as flu.

Thogotovirus is a genus in the virus family Orthomyxoviridae.

THOV has been isolated from ticks in Africa and southern Europe. ....(and) is known to infect humans in natural settings. ....DHOV has been isolated from ticks in India, eastern Russia, Egypt, and southern Portugal. ....(and) is able to infect humans...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good reason to not go roll around in the grass.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Media: "Look everyone! Something NEW to be afraid of!"

The Public: "BUY ALL THE TOILET PAPER. BOARD UP THE WINDOWS. WHERE'S MY NBC GEAR?! IT'S HAPPENING!"

(Insert hand-wringing and moustache-twirling here)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The bacteria in Lyme Disease was found in Otzi the Iceman who lived thousands of years ago.

edit on 5-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Ticks were a favorite disease vector on Plum Island, and they got loose because the deer swam between the Connecticut mainland and Plum Island, and then back again, first releasing disease-laden ticks in Lyme, Connecticut.

Now there is a new virus, new to this continent, that is tick-bourne, and just happens to have popped up in the state where they moved the Plum Island facility.

NOT a coincidence. Ticks are hard to control, and breeches in biological security were common place on the Island. You have the same people now working this facility. Whether accidental or not is another matter.

Agreed, Ticks are almost impossible to eradicate and they move great distances and they find a host, be it avian or walking on four legs.

I think the OP is on to something because of the location involved and the history of that area as well.
S&F to the OP.
On a lighter note here are some odds of leaving this planet before you planned on it.

www.besthealthdegrees.com...

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 5-1-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: craig732

They used their airline miles.

Correct Ricky, a crow or a gull or a tern or anything with wings as long as they are not aluminum:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Blame the govinmint, but never corporate industry or global trade, huh? Good catch tho. F&S&

fyi - "Bourbon virus" is a tick-borne thogotovirus, from the same family as flu.

Thogotovirus is a genus in the virus family Orthomyxoviridae.

THOV has been isolated from ticks in Africa and southern Europe. ....(and) is known to infect humans in natural settings. ....DHOV has been isolated from ticks in India, eastern Russia, Egypt, and southern Portugal. ....(and) is able to infect humans...

en.wikipedia.org...
Thanks for posting that link, Nasty Nasty stuff this sounds like.
I am not doing the Ebola jig I am just relaying what I gathered from the information in the link you so kindly provided.
I suppose in my my opinion only it would be doable with today's tech to modify any disease to make it more potent or weaker?

Something to think on maybe?
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 5-1-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I need some sympathy for us poor bastards that live about 100 miles east of where this happened. We have so many ticks here, you can't possibly avoid them. There's a farm about 3 miles from mine that has a big gate with the name "tick and chigger farm" at their driveway. It may only be one person that got it, but dang I sure don't want to be number 2.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Oh yeah - there's always some fool trying to weaponize nature. Three points to consider tho:

1. Global corporations are most motivated, best equipped and least constrained by law to develop and use bio-weapons to 'conquer' peoples and territories;

2. Nature and the natural world are waayyy better equipped to create new viruses and diseases than the very best, most technologically advanced bio-lab anyone could imagine; and

3. Industrial contaminants and other pollution have changed our planet's biological foundation, and accelerated adaptation, mutation and evolution. Starting with viruses and microbes. Which evolve waayyy faster than we do.

edit on 6/1/15 by soficrow because: fix

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join